What You Need to Know About EOAC Rental Assistance
In 2020, the health crisis affected businesses and individuals in various ways. As a result, the Economic Opportunities Advancement Corporation (EOAC) began accepting applications for financial assistance from eligible families and individuals.
That was happening at three events in weeks. Limited mortgage and rental assistance, in this case, was available for residents of Falls, Bosque, Freestone, Hill, Limestone, and McLennan counties.
On the other hand, utility assistance was available for residents of McLennan, Ellis, Falls, Bosque, Freestone, Hill Navarro, and Limestone counties. Below are details on where applications are accepted:
|Day and Time||Location||Address|
|Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.||Waco Charter School||615 North 25th St.|
|Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.||St. John's Catholic Church||1312 Dallas St.|
|Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.||Thurman E. Dorsey Center||3221 Speight Ave.|
|Monday-Thursday, business hours||EOAC Central Office||Community Services Foyer - 500 Franklin Ave, Waco, TX 76701|
Those applying for EOAC rental assistance were required to fill out the necessary forms in advance.
DoNotPay will prove an instrumental resource if you need to apply for EOAC rental assistance.
EOAC Rental Assistance and Community Service
Community Service is a division of EOAC, which provides various programs to eligible, low-income families and individuals. services include the following:
Utility Assistance Programs (CEAP)
The Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) refers to a utility assistance program. It is designed to coordinate resources, assist low-income families with household energy requirements, provide education material, and address household needs.
Community Service (CSBG)
Note that Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) offers multiple services to help low-income persons attain the motivation, skills, and knowledge they need to achieve self-sufficiency.
Additionally, EOAC assists clients with emergency needs, transportation, youth programs, education, computer literacy, employment, job skills, financial literacy, among other things, to create lasting change in their lives.
What Can You Expect From EOAC Program Assistance?
EOAC program assistance focuses on different things, including the following:
- Utility assistance for services like sewer, electricity, water, and gas.
- Financial assistance to eligible households. That includes payment of utilities and home energy arrears, rent, utilities, and home energy expenses, rental arrears.
- The limit for prospective payments is three months at a time, and it should not exceed 12 months. The amount is paid to utility organizations and your landlord. That means that reapplying after every three months for additional assistance is inevitable.
- Full payment of arrears up to 12 months and are payable to utility entities and your landlord.
Prioritization for EOAC Rental Assistance
Once applications for EOAC rental assistance from eligible households are received, they are reviewed for financial assistance and housing stability services. The applications are also prioritized for consideration if applicants satisfy the conditions below.
- Review and processing of non-priority applications will be on a first-come-first-served basis until all funds are committed.
- Your household's income should not be over 50% of the locality's median income for the household.
- Tenants sued for eviction are prioritized for review. Applications from tenants with utility disconnection notices come in after that. The reason behind prioritizing these applications is reducing the processing time and increasing the probability of diverting a disconnection or eviction.
- One or more individuals within your household are unemployed when you submit your EOAC rental assistance application. Such persons should not have been employed for 90 days, preceding the date of the application.
- You cannot access your workplace, or it has been closed following public health orders imposed by the State, City, County due to a COVID-19 public health emergency.
How Do You Apply for Housing Assistance Using DoNotPay?
It is quite a relief to discover that DoNotPay can help you compose a letter to your local housing authority depending on your situation to inquire about your best options for receiving assistance. Here are the steps to follow in this case.
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.
Reasons for Using DoNotPay to Apply for Housing Assistance
- It Is Easy – Keeping track of every step involved in applying for housing assistance and filling out tedious forms will be unnecessary when you choose to use DoNotPay.
- It Is Successful – All the assistance you need is accessible through DoNotPay, which promotes success.
- It Is Fast – Saving on time is part of the many benefits you enjoy when using DoNotPay.
What More Can DoNotPay Help You Achieve?
Aside from EOAC rental assistance, we can also assist you with the following inquiries:
- Rental Housing Assistance Program
- Rental Assistance
- Government Assistance for Rent
- Paying Rent Today
- Resources for Rental Assistance
- Get Help With Rent
- How Long Does It Take to Get Rental Assistance?
- HUD Rental Assistance
- Paying Rent to Avoid Eviction
Helping you with rental assistance is only a drop in the bucket of our services. These are just a few examples of how we can advocate for you:
- It helps with bills
- Supports access to free trials without incurring charges
- Helps you reduce property taxes
- Allows you to find unclaimed funds
- It helps you schedule appointments with the DMV
- It allows you to discover and apply for scholarships
- Facilitates the process of suing anyone in small claims court
- Allows you to file a complaint against any firm
Applying for EOAC rental assistance does not have to be a daunting task. Sign up with DoNotPay today to enjoy a hassle-free process.