Does McDonald’s Do Cash Back?
If you were to get cash back for buying a tasty breakfast, lunch, or dinner, would you do it? Since fast-food eateries are the most likely to participate in these programs, does McDonald's do cash back? And, if so, how can DoNotPay help you cash out?
How Does Fast-Food Cash Back Work?
Fast-food restaurants face stiff competition from one another. Not only are they competing against different brands, but as franchisees, they also compete against one another. Enticing the customer to choose one brand over another or drive just a little farther to head to a specific franchise calls for creative marketing. What is cash back if not an attractive fast-food advertising tool?
Some businesses list their special offers on cash back apps. Others advertise on their windows with graphics or posters that customers may qualify for cash back if they purchase specific products or meal combinations. Occasionally, fast-food restaurants offer games that may include cash back offers. Customers receive game pieces by buying food.
Does McDonald's Give Cash Back?
As of January 2022, there are 13,257 McDonald's locations across the country. Many are owned and run by franchisees. And, while there's no official McDonald's cash back rule or policy, individual franchise owners can extend this offer as part of a special promotion. If you have a favorite McDonald's restaurant you typically visit, it could be worth your while to ask the manager if they are currently running a cash back promotion.
How to Save When Your Restaurant Doesn't Offer McDonald's Cash Back
If your particular franchisee doesn't participate in a cash back promotion, you can still save.
|Download the McDonald's app.||Customers who permit the fast-food giant access to their phones receive rewards in the form of exclusive deals. Examples might include a free 10-piece Chicken McNuggets after an initial app download and joining the MyMcDonald's Rewards program.|
|Enroll in MyMcDonald's Rewards.||Membership may entitle you to a free reward after placing your first order.|
|Earn points.||Once you have downloaded the app and enrolled in the rewards program, you need to select the "earn points" option. When you pay with your phone for the order or go through the drive-thru with a code, you collect points. Turn these points into rewards such as money off meals.|
Does McDonald's Do Cash Back With Third-Party Vendors?
There may be another way to get cash back that doesn't involve a particular McDonald's willingness to participate in a promotion. Does McDonald's do cash back with debit or credit card providers? Some banks, such as Chase and others, offer promotions that let their customers sign up for cash back at specific restaurants and retailers.
How does cash back work on credit cards and debit cards?
- Sign up for the bank's credit or debit card.
- Select the option for receiving specific offers. Because they change frequently, it's a good idea to keep an eye on the expiration date.
- Use the required card at McDonald's. Depending on the program the bank offers, the cash back will be credited to your account.
It Takes a Little Work to Get Back Cash McDonald's Offers
Visit your favorite McDonald's restaurant and talk to the manager. It may take a couple of visits to catch up with them.
- Drive around town to see if any McDonald's in your vicinity are offering cash back.
- Download the app, sign up for the rewards program, and keep a close eye on expiration dates. There are typically multiple promotions running that each has a different expiration date.
- Check if McDonald's runs a promotion with other cash back apps.
- Find out from your bank if they have credit or debit cards that participate in a McDonald's cash back promotion. If you have multiple options, determine which are the best cash back credit cards.
Does McDonald's Do Cash Back? DoNotPay Can Help
If the process of going through all the research sounds like it is time-consuming, you're not wrong. Most people don't have this kind of time or want to spend it checking around just to get back cash McDonald's might offer. Of course, if you don't make the effort, you might just leave money on the table.
DoNotPay is a quick and easy solution.
- Visit the DoNotPay website and scroll to the "Search for Cash Back" option.
- With this option picked, narrow down your search by finding the right website for you.
- Finally, answer some simple questions that narrow down your eligibility so that DoNotPay can help you start getting some money back!
Discover More DoNotPay Solutions
McDonald's cash back is just one of the many programs DoNotPay tackles on your behalf. Others include:
- Participate in Discover It cash back.
- Check out the latest Citi cash back card.
- Find out if there's a Walmart cash back limit.
- Decide if you can get cash back with Apple Pay.
- Sign up for Apple Card cash back.
- Learn how to get money back from PayPal.