The Easiest Way To Claim Costco Rebates
If you shop at Costco, you know you're going to get discounts on anything from cars to carrots, especially if you've found some . But great deals like these come at a price: First, you have to pay an annual membership fee, and then, if you've found a rebate offer on a product you want, you have to go through tedious steps to get your money back.
Let's find out how many hoops you have to jump through to get a rebate through Costco and compare it to the ease by which you can let DoNotPay file your Costco rebate for you.
How Rebates Work
Product manufacturers and retailers want to get people (and their wallets) in the door, and rebates are often a big win for them. Here's why:
- Shoppers tend to spend more time at a retailer's brick-and-mortar location than they would online.
- They want to check an item's quality for themselves.
- There's the possibility of impulse buys.
- Shoppers in the age of Covid may venture out to shop less than they once did, but they purchase more on each trip.
- Most rebates require in-person purchasing, which means you'll probably purchase additional items while you're there.
- While sales cut prices at the register, customers have to take action to get the discount, usually by mailing in their receipt with the rebate information, and many customers never take that step.
Retailers and producers count on busy customers never getting around to claiming their money. When customers do cash in their rebates, sellers get insight into how their advertising engages the public.
How to Exchange Costco Rebates the Old-Fashioned Way
|For Online Purchases||Your order confirmation number|
|For In-Store Purchases||Information printed on the bottom of your receipt|
|Claim Forms||Online Mail-in|
|Mail-in Address||Costco Wholesale
PO Box 1015
Grand Rapids, MN 55745
|Processing Time||4-6 weeks|
If a company wants you to say, "why bother?" to taking advantage of rebates, why would they make the process easy? You might assume that the online form would be simpler than printing, filling out, and mailing the rebate via USPS, but here's how it works with Costco:
- Gather your information
- Your Costco membership card
- Your paper receipt or online order confirmation number
- Go to Costco's rebate request page
- Select whether your purchase was made in-store or online
- Enter and verify your member number
- Enter and verify your email address
- For in-person purchases, enter the following information
- Product Purchase Date
- Warehouse (Store) Number
- Register Number
- Transaction Number
- Click "Next" and follow the instructions on the next page
- For online purchases, enter the following information:
- Order number
- Date order placed
- Date order shipped
- Click "Next" and follow the instructions on the next page to get your confirmation number. In total, there are five pages to complete before you're finished.
How to Check Your Costco Rebate Status if You’re a Member
- Go to this page
- Enter the following:
- Your 12 digit membership number
- Your last name
- Your ZIP code
- Your rebate confirmation number
How to Check Your Costco Rebate Status if You’re a Non-member
Your best option is to call Customer Service Center at 1-866-355-3137, as all online options require a membership number to complete the process. Be ready for a lengthy hold time.
How DoNotPay Can Speed Up the Rebate Claims Process
Big box membership outlets save you money, but DoNotPay saves you a LOT of time if you're looking to cash in on your . Here's how it works:
- Search rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebates offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
And that's it. DoNotPay will file your rebate claim on your behalf by mail or online, depending on the rebate campaign. You should receive your Costco rebate within 30 days.
Do You Have These Rebates Burning a Hole in Your Pocket?
Now that you're on your way to receiving the cash to which you're entitled, you might be thinking, "what other rebates do I have lying around?" We'll handle them for you, regardless of the company or product. Here are just a few we've tackled lately for our members:
- Menards rebates
- Home Depot rebates
- Verizon rebates
- Goodyear tire rebates
- Mass Save rebates
- New car rebates
- Macy's rebates
- Michelin tire rebates
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Think of us as your "robot lawyers," using advanced AI to work within the system to fight bureaucracy, save money, and advocate for your rights as a consumer and citizen. Here are just a few of the many things we can do for you in just minutes.
- Find the cheapest flights
- Get free hotel upgrades
- Save money on prescriptions (even with Costco discounts)
- Get your pet licensed online
- Find the best schools for your child
Let's get started now. In less time than it takes to order a slice of pizza at Costco's snack bar, . And there will still be enough time to knock out a few more items on your task list!