How to Find a Cheap Dentist in Los Angeles in 3 Quick Steps
No matter how long you live in Los Angeles, California, you never really get accustomed to the fact that the cost of living is 43 percent higher than the national average. If you need to find a cheap dentist in Los Angeles, you may feel like you are about to look for a needle in a haystack.
Fortunately, there is now a simple way to find high-quality dental care at a price you can afford. Best of all, you won't need to spend hours on the internet or the phone trying to track down providers who will meet your budget. Read on to discover how you can locate a low-income dentist in LA in just three quick steps.
Does Cheap Dental Care Even Exist in Los Angeles?
Yes. Contrary to healthcare pessimists, Los Angeles is home to a number of affordable dentists who provide care to residents on fixed or limited incomes. Here are some of the locations you can explore as you begin your search for a cheap dentist:
Clinics Listed on the First 5 Los Angeles Website
The First 5 LA website is a valuable resource focused on providing children access to vital health and educational services. The website includes a comprehensive list of low-cost and free dental clinics in the Los Angeles area. The list includes dozens of providers and lists the following helpful details:
- Physical location
- Telephone number
- Hours of operation
- Information regarding appointment scheduling and walk-ins
- Details required to receive free or reduced-cost services
Dental Education Providers
Educational institutions that offer degree programs in the field of dentistry are a great option for people who need low-cost services. Dental care is provided by students as a part of their training and is closely supervised by licensed dental professionals. Here are some examples of providers in the L.A. area who may provide low-cost care:
- 4-Year Universities and Colleges with DMD programs. Notable options include UCLA, Loma Linda University, and USC.
- Community and Technical Colleges with Dental Tech programs, such as West Los Angeles College and Los Angeles City College.
- Schools with Dental Hygiene Programs, such as Pasadena City College and Cerritos College.
Los Angeles is home to several well-known research universities, including UCLA, USC, and Loma Linda University. You might be able to receive free or reduced dental care by participating in a dental research study at one of these locations. In addition to receiving financial help with your dental needs, you make an important contribution to scientific research.
5 Affordable Dental Clinics in Los Angeles
|Dental Clinic||Phone Number||Address||Price|
|Arroyo Vista Family Health Center Highland Park||(323) 254-5221||N/A||6000 N. Figueroa St
Los Angeles, CA 90042
|Sliding scale clinic (variable pricing based on income and other variables)|
|Norris Dental Science Center||(213) email@example.com||925 West 34th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90089
|Reduced rates for everyone|
|Clinica Romero - Marengo Street||(213) firstname.lastname@example.org||2032 Marengo Street
Los Angeles, CA 90033
|Sliding scale clinic|
|S. Mark Taper Foundation Dental Clinic||(323) email@example.com||1741 East 120th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90059
|Sliding scale clinic|
|APLA Health Wilshire Dental Clinic||(213) firstname.lastname@example.org||1127 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
|Sliding scale clinic|
How to Find a Cheap Dentist in Los Angeles on Your Own
Contrary to popular belief, cheap dental care is available to qualifying residents who are willing to search for it. To uncover cheap dental care options, you will need to clear your schedule and be prepared to dive headfirst into the available resources in the LA area. Here are the steps you can take to find a cheap dentist in Los Angeles on your own.
- Visit the Public Health Website for Los Angeles at publichealth.lacounty.gov.
- Type "Dental" into the search box to pull up a list of public dental resources.
- Click on the header that reads “Oral Health Program - Find Low-Cost Dental Care.”
- Next, click on the link that reads "Low Cost Dental Clinics."
- Print a copy of the list and highlight the clinics located in your zip code or at a nearby location.
- Contact the facilities listed to find out about eligibility, pricing, and appointment availability.
- If you can't secure an appointment, call the Department of Public Health at 213-351-1270 for additional resources.
What Are Some Other Steps to Take if You Can't Find a Cheap Dentist in Los Angeles?
Finding a cheap dentist in Los Angeles on your own is not easy. If you have a difficult time finding a dentist within your price range or can't find a facility with an available appointment, you can try some of the various options outlined below:
- Check the free or reduced dental care services offered through the California Dental Association (CDA) website
- Call the Los Angeles Department of Public Services to ask about free dental care. Try calling 866-613-3777 between 9:00 and 4:30.
- Call the Los Angeles Medi-Cal office at 800-541-5555 and let them know you are looking for reduced-cost dental services.
How to Find a Cheap Dentist in Los Angeles With the Help of DoNotPay
If you are like most busy L.A. residents, you don't have time to spend hours trying to track down cheap dentists in Los Angeles. Fortunately, DoNotPay makes finding a cheap dentist in Los Angeles as easy as 1-2-3. All you need to do is fire up your PC, tablet, or smartphone and follow these 3 steps:
- Search "dentist" on DoNotPay.
- Enter your current address, so we can find the clinic nearest to you.
- Select whether you would like to ask a question about your eligibility, receive a quote for a specific procedure, or set up an appointment.
You are probably surprised to discover you don't need to do anything else. DoNotPay takes care of the rest of the legwork for you. They will contact available dental providers on your behalf and respond to you with the information you requested. In just 3 simple steps, you can have an appointment set with a cheap dentist in Los Angeles.
Why Use DoNotPay to Find a Cheap Dentist in Los Angeles?
DoNotPay is the fastest, most efficient way to find a cheap dentist in Los Angeles. The DoNotPay app eliminates the need to spend hours searching for affordable dentists and making phone calls. Here is a look at the main reasons why Los Angeles residents love housing DoNotPay to handle their dental care needs:
- DoNotPay is quick: In just a minute or two, you can be booking an appointment with a cheap dentist in Los Angeles.
- DoNotPay is easy: It’s just three steps.
- DoNotPay is dependable: You can count on DoNotPay to deliver the information you need about cheap dentists in Los Angeles.
DoNotPay Helps Americans Across the Country Secure Many Types of Low-Cost Dental Care
Once you use DoNotPay to find a cheap dentist in Los Angeles, you may wonder if you can use DoNotPay to find other types of low-cost dental care. The answer is yes. The DoNotPay app is so versatile that you can use it to find low-cost options for basic cleaning to dental implants. Whether you don't have dental insurance or simply need to stretch your budget, DoNotPay can help you accomplish these goals quickly and easily.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help You Save Money And Time?
Helping people find affordable dental care is just the tip of the iceberg for people who use DoNotPay to stretch their budgets. Here are some other ways DoNotPay can help you get the most out of every dollar:
- Find and claim missing money you are owed
- Learn how to file a complaint
- Seek compensation for robocalls
- Learn how to dispute unpaid parking tickets
- Find out how to manage your unpaid bills
- Learn to sue anyone in small claims court
- Learn how you can reduce your property taxes
- Request compensation for a delayed airline flight
- Locate and apply for available scholarships
- Schedule appointments with the DMV
- Find out how to sell airline mileage
When you breeze through DoNotPay's simple steps, you can celebrate the extra time you will have to do the things you love most. By using DoNotPay, you no longer have to spend hour after hour trying to track down cost-effective solutions to life's problems on your own. We invite you to sign up today to discover the many benefits DoNotPay has to offer!