Dental Clinics In Dallas That Offer Free Services
Finding affordable dental care is a constant challenge for millions of uninsured and under-insured Americans. Routine exams and cleanings often require high out-of-pocket co-pays and deductibles, which are often unaffordable to many insured patients. As a result, many individuals and families end up foregoing basic treatment, only to end up needing complex, costly procedures later on.
To address this issue, many local communities have established free dental clinics for those that are unable to afford routine dental care. This guide will describe the free dental clinics available in the Dallas, Texas area and how to access care through them. However, the process of finding the clinics and contacting them for information and appointments is not without its share of headaches. Busy phone lines and long waiting lists for appointments are just a few of the possible obstacles to obtaining free quality dental care.
However, as you will soon discover, DoNotPay can help you find a free clinic in the Dallas area with a very efficient, easy-to-follow, three-step process.
Who Qualifies for Free Dental Clinic Visits in Dallas?
- Uninsured, Medicaid and/or SSI recipients, immigrants, single mothers, and unemployed are eligible for free oral health from the Public Health Department.
- Many dental charities and nonprofit clinics provide free dental services. However, there may be financial and residency requirements. Others may only treat children, homeless, or disabled persons.
- Many dental schools in colleges offer free dental care without proof of income or any other qualifications.
Where to get Free Dental Clinic Visits in Dallas
The following locations offer dental care at no charge or on a sliding scale to the uninsured and low-income populations.
|Foremost Family Health Center - Martin Luther King, Jr.||(214) 426-3645||Website||2922-B Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Dallas, TX 75315
|Fees are discounted to all qualified patients. Specific conditions must be met and all appropriate documents must be submitted. Sliding fee calculations are based on income and size of household.|
|Community Dental Care at Vickery Meadow||(214) 987-1131||Website||8224 Park Lane
Dallas, TX 75231
|The costs for clinic services are based on either your income or they offer a type of financial assistance. Contact the clinic directly to discuss prices for individual services which vary. Sliding Scale does not necessarily mean free. Provides reduced rates for low-income adults and children. Must bring proof of income.|
|Mission East Dallas Dental Clinic||(972) 682-8917||Website||2914 Oates Dr
Dallas, TX 75228
|For patients without insurance, they offer a sliding fee scale, based on income and family size, to ensure that quality and compassionate healthcare is readily accessible.|
|Los Barrios Unidos Community Clinic||(214) 540-0300||Website||809 Singleton Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75212
|Services are not free. Patients who are uninsured, they collect a fee for service that is based on a sliding scale, which is determined by income and family size according to Federal Poverty Level guidelines.|
|Healing Hands Ministries Dental Center||(214) 221-0855||Website||8515 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75243
|The costs for clinic services are based on either your income or they offer a type of financial assistance. Contact the clinic directly to discuss prices for individual services which vary. Sliding Scale does not necessarily mean free.|
How to Find Free Dental Clinics in Dallas
Locating a nearby dental office that offers low-cost or free services can be an exasperating and time-consuming task. The office may not have appointments when you need them or even accept new patients. However, the following website links can assist you in your search for free dental work.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- The United Way
- Dental Lifeline Network
- Free Dental Care
How to get Government-Funded Insurance for Free Dental Care in Dallas
There are government-funded insurance plans available for those eligible that can make dental care more affordable and, in some cases, free, for you and your family members. Here are some plans to look into for coverage.
- Texas Medicaid Texas Health and Human Services offer plans through Medicaid that can help fund medical and dental visits. The program is administered through the state's STAR managed care program for low-income families.
- Texas Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Dental and medical services for children 18 years and younger are available for families who earn too much to qualify for Medicaid.
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Program The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) administers a dental plan for federal workers that pays for basic dental care.
Find a Free Dental Clinic in Dallas With the Help of DoNotPay
Rather than going through websites and listings trying to locate the nearest free or low-cost dental clinic near you, let DoNotPay do the work for you in three easy steps.
- Search "dentist" on DoNotPay.
- Enter your current address, so we can find the clinic nearest to you.
- Select whether you would like to ask a question about your eligibility, receive a quote for a specific procedure, or set up an appointment.
And that's it! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and get back to you with the information you requested
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Not only can DoNotPay help you find low-cost or free dental care, they also offer solutions such as the following:
- Find unclaimed money
- Discover and apply for scholarships
- Help with bills
- Reduce property taxes
- Schedule DMV appointments
- Get free trials without being charged
- Sue anyone in small claims court
With DoNotPay's innovative platform, we help you cut through bureaucratic red tape, find you money, and resolve many common administrative issues. Rather than trudging through pages of confusing information and applications, DoNotPay streamlines the process to deliver your information accurately and efficiently.