How to Cancel Slack and Delete Your Account Fast?
Slack is a channel-based communication platform that offers its users chat rooms, private groups, and direct messaging features.
The company counts around 12 million daily active users, and offers free and paid subscription plans.
How Can I Cancel Slack?
Depending on whether you want to deactivate your paid subscription and switch to a free one or delete your Slack account entirely, you can try a few options.
Can You Cancel With
|Yes / No|
Cancel Your Slack Paid Subscription by Downgrading to a Free Plan
You can cancel your paid subscription but keep your account by switching to a free plan.
Here are the steps to take:
- Open Slack
- Click on your Workspace name in the top left corner
- Click on Select Settings & Administration
- Select the Billing option from the menu
- Pick Change Plan from the Overview tab
- Choose Switch Immediately to Free plan
- Select Preview Changes
- Confirm by checking the box at the bottom of the page
- Click Downgrade Slack
When switching to a free plan, you will still keep your account, but some Slack features will change:
- File storage limit will be 5GB
- Guest accounts will be shut down
- The Email app will be deactivated
- Your message limit will be reduced to 10,000
- Your workspace won't be able to have more than ten third-party apps
How to Delete Your Slack Account Permanently?
You can also delete your slack account and remove your data from the app.
Here is how to do it:
- Open Slack on your desktop
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner
- Pick the View profile option from the menu
- Click More
- Choose Account Settings
- Scroll down until you reach the Deactivate Account option
- Click Deactivate Your Account
- Type in your password
- Click Confirm Password
- Click on the Yes, Deactivate My Account button
Take note that if you're a member of more than one workspace, you'll have to deactivate each account separately.
If you are the Primary Workspace Owner, you will have to transfer ownership to someone else before being able to deactivate.
Your messages and personal data will remain on the platform even if you deactivate it. You could delete them by contacting Slack at email@example.com if you were the Primary Workspace Owner. If you are not, then you have to ask the person who is to do it.
Looks Complicated? DoNotPay Can Cancel Slack for You in Two Minutes!
Here is how to cancel Slack with DoNotPay in just a few steps:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Click Find Hidden Money
- Input Slack as the name of the service
DoNotPay will notify you as soon as your Slack subscription gets canceled.
If this is not the only subscription that is troubling you, we can also help with that.
Connect your email or bank account to DoNotPay, and we will find all your subscriptions. You can then cancel those you don't use through the app.
Does Slack Have Free Trials?
Yes, if you are on a free account, you can request a free trial for one of their paid plans. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to the Slack website
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Click on Contact Us
- Enter the email connected to your Slack account in the form
- Select Billing and Plans
- Click Can I Try Slack for Free
- Enter additional details in the textbox
- Click on the Send Us a Message Button
If you are approved for a free trial, you should know that your card will get charged as soon as the trial expires.
To prevent this from happening, use DoNotPay's virtual credit card when signing up. It will approve a free trial automatically but reject real transactions.
Does Slack Subscription Auto-Renews?
Yes, all Slack plans renew automatically. The details depend on the plan.
Does Slack Offer Prorated Refunds?
Yes, the company will refund any fees for the unused part of the subscription term.
Can I Pause Slack Subscription?
No, but you can downgrade to a free plan at any time.
What Do Charges From Slack Look Like on a Bank Statement?
Here are some examples:
|SLACK 8778877815||SLACK TECHNOLOGIES*SSAN FANCISC CA||SLACK TAKGWKKLL SLACK.COM CA|
|SLACK T02M08A2G SLACK.COM||SLACK SLACK.COM||SLACK SLACK.COM CA|
|8.00 SLACK SAN F||SLACK TECHNOLOGIES||SLACK SAN FRANCISCO CA|
|SLACK 8778877815 CA||SLACK TECHNOLOGIES USA||SLACK TUY6Y1RKJ SLACK.COM|
|SLACK 877-887-7815 CA||SLACK 415-805-8989 CA||SLACK|
|SLACK T03791T02 SLACK.COM CA||SLACK TSVM55HCN SLACK.COM CA||SLACK SLACK.COM, CA|
|SLACK TN7LS4SJD SLACK.COM CA||SLACK TQF1RDU8N SLACK.COM CA||SLACK TECHNOLOGIES 415-805-8989 CA|
Explore Other Fantastic Features of DoNotPay!
Open DoNotPay in your web browser and check out what else we can help you with:
- Booking a DMV appointment
- Getting compensation from airlines
- Handling credit card problems
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Deactivating other subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Skipping the phone queue when calling customer service
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with challenging bills
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds for bad shopping experiences
- Getting rid of spam for good
- Signing up for free trials without risk