How to Boost Your Credit Score by Removing Bonneville Collections From Your Credit Report
Having a good credit score opens the door to financial independence. Whether you are applying for a credit card, trying to get a mortgage, or buying a new car, the first thing lenders look at is your credit score.
If you have a account on your credit history, it could significantly drag down your credit score. Higher interest rates and declined credit applications have become more common for consumers with lower scores.
What is Bonneville Collections?
Bonneville Collections is a certified debt recovery expert that has been pursuing consumers for the payment of outstanding debt since 1980.
The third-party collection agency works on behalf of a variety of industries. If appears on your credit report, you most likely have a past due account from one of the following entities:
- Bank or Other Financial Institution
- Commercial Loan
- Unpaid Medical Bills
- Utility Companies (specifically Portland General Electric)
The primary Bonneville Collections phone number is +1(800) 660-6138. Representatives are available Monday through Thursday from 8 AM to 9 PM MST, Friday 8 AM to 5 PM MST, and Saturday 8 AM to 12 PM MST. There is also an option to fill out a form or connect with live chat on the website for further assistance.
There are four Bonneville Collections locations:
|Walk-In Payments Schedule
|8 AM to 5 PM MST Monday - Friday
|6026 S. Fashion Point Drive, South Ogden,
|+1 (801) 621-7880
|8 AM to 5 PM MST
Monday - Thursday
|8752 West Overland Road, Suite 103, Boise,
|+1 (208) 424-8525
|8 AM to 5 PM PST
Monday - Thursday
|2013 NE 99th Street,
Suite 1690, Vancouver, Washington, 98682
|+1 (360) 882-8418
|Idaho Falls, Idaho
|8 AM to 5:30 PM MST
Monday - Friday
|1465 North Skyline Drive, Idaho Falls, Idaho, 83402
|+1 (208) 552-9969
How to Remove a Bonneville Collections Account From Your Credit Report On Your Own
Getting a Bonneville Collections account removed from your credit history is a difficult task, although not impossible. Often, if no action is taken on your part, the negative rating can stay on your credit report for as long as seven years.
There are several ways to get results:
- Send a Debt Validation Letter: The first step is to request Bonneville Collections validate the debt. According to the policies outlined in the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act (FDCPA), a collection agency has 30 days to verify the debt belongs to you. If they cannot present proof, the entry must be removed from your credit report, putting an end to the annoying phone calls.
- Send a Credit Dispute Letter: If you are sure the Bonneville Collections account does not belong to you, contact the three major credit bureaus to dispute the entry. A claim will be started on your behalf. If the collection agency cannot prove the debt is yours, the entry will be removed, positively affecting your credit score.
- Make a Settlement Offer: Once the debt is validated, you can make a settlement offer. Often, Bonneville Collections will accept payment for less than what is owed. If you go this route, make a written request that the debt collector remove the account from your credit report.
How to Remove Bonneville Collections Quickly and Easily From Your Credit Report With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the perfect solution to dispute credit report issues. Our automated system is easy to use and gets quick results.
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps.
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products:
And, if you are being harassed by Bonneville Collections, we can help you file a case in small claims court.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help?
The DoNotPay system is fast, easy, and successful. It is a valuable resource for solving everyday problems with proven results. Not only can we help you resolve issues with , but DoNotPay can also help you:
With the help of DoNotPay, you can take back control of your finances and start working towards a brighter tomorrow.