How to Remove Westlake Portfolio Management From Your Credit Report
These days, everyone should pay attention to their credit report. If your report contains erroneous information, you will be glad to know that it is actually possible to collection and other derogatory marks that are tanking your credit reputation.
Learn how DoNotPay can help clean up your credit report and improve your FICO score.
What Is a FICO Score?
The widely-used data analysis software company FICO was formerly known as the Fair Isaac Corporation. Established in the mid-1950s by engineer Bill Fair and mathematician Earl Isaac, FICO makes it easy for businesses and lenders to determine the creditworthiness of potential borrowers.
Your FICO score is determined by algorithms that predict consumer behavior. FICO scores consider factors such as your payment history, the way you use credit, your outstanding balances, and the ages of your credit card accounts.
Your FICO score and other info contained in the report can mightily influence whether you get a loan, buy a house, or obtain any sort of credit. Unfortunately, many credit reports may be wrong. If you improve your credit score, your FICO numbers will go up, too.
- 800 to 850 Exceptional
- 740 to 799 Very Good
- 670 to 739 Good
- 580 to 669 Fair
- 300 to 579 Very Poor
Why and How to Monitor Your Credit Score
If you have not recently reviewed your credit report from all three major credit reporting agencies, Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian, now is a good time to start.
American Express reported the results of a study conducted by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) that revealed a magnitude of mistakes contained in the credit reports of 1,001 persons and explained how they boosted their credit score by disputing errors:
- 13% improved their personal credit score by disputing errors
- 21% of total participants facilitated changes to their credit report based on their dispute
- 262 people (26% of total participants ) identified one or more errors they disputed
- 5% of study participants who disputed errors improved their credit risk level by one whole tier
A Decent Credit Score is Important for Many Reasons
- Get a car loan
- Get a credit card
- Get a student loan
- Lease a condo or apartment
- Obtain a mortgage
- Obtain car insurance
- Obtain medical insurance
- Set up financing for dental care
- Set up financing for medical care
- Sign up for a new phone contract
What Is Westlake Portfolio Management?
Westlake Portfolio Management is part of the automotive finance outfit, Westlake Technology Holdings. The Los Angeles-based company originates auto contracts by way of a national network of car dealerships throughout the United States.
In addition to car loans, Westlake Portfolio Management offers lines of credit for purchasing flooring via Westlake Flooring Services and title loans through its fully-owned subsidiary, Loan Center. They also ding credit reports for late payments. If it happened to you, you may want to file a dispute.
How to Remove Westlake Portfolio Management From Your Credit Report on Your Own
You are entitled to one free credit report from each major reporting agency every year. You can ask for all three at once at AnnualCreditReport. Do that, read your report, and if you find any errors, do the following:
|To Dispute Info in an Experian Credit Report||Download, print out, and complete an Experian dispute form, Compose a dispute letter and send it along with the filled-out form to:
P.O. Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013
|To Dispute Info in a TransUnion Credit Report||Download, print, and fill out a TransUnion dispute form. Write a dispute letter that asks for an investigation into the error. Mail the form and the letter to:
TransUnion LLC Consumer Dispute Center
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016
|To Dispute Information in an Equifax Credit Report||Visit the Equifax website and fill out an online form. This will start an investigation and start a dispute. If errors are found, Equifax will update your credit report. Alternately, you can compose a dispute letter and send it to:
Equifax Information Services LLC
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30348
You can also try contacting Westlake Portfolio Management directly.
Call (888)739-9192 or send a dispute letter to:
Westlake Customer Care
P.O. Box 76809
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0809
How DoNotPay Can Make It Easier to Dispute Westlake Portfolio Management
Fighting with a creditor over a disputed charge on your own can give you nightmares. If you find an erroneous mark on your Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion credit report, DoNotPay can help fix your credit score.
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
If you do all these things and Westlake Portfolio Management doesn't budge, DoNotPay can file a small claims case against them on your behalf.
Our Artificial Intelligence System Can Assist With a Range of Financial Matters
- We can help improve your credit score
- We can compose and send a debt validation letter
- We can remove collections from your credit report
- We can remove late payments from your credit report
- We can compose and send a credit dispute letter
- We can remove credit inquiries from your report
DoNotPay Makes Most Things Easier
If you need us to dispute a credit ding from , we're here for you. If there's anything else we can help you with, .