Is Waypoint Resource Group Keeping Your Credit from Being Better?
Are you in the same boat as other Americans with bad credit looking for the 'key' that will unlock the clean credit report that seems to be just out of reach? Do you have one or two debts that have now been turned over to
Bad credit is big business and third-party debt collecting agencies across the U.S. like are cashing in on debtors’ bad luck! In some cases, vendors like Waypoint Resource Group are being slammed by entities like the Better Business Bureau for their tactless tactics, and bad credit debt that has been paid for but not removed from the appropriate accounts.
Sorting out your credit history could lead to unraveling other related issues. Here are some of the most common questions we’ve dealt with in handling cases with collection agencies for our clients:
- How to fix your credit score
- How to improve your credit score
- How to remove late payments from your credit history
- How to remove inquiries from your credit reports, and
- How to dispute a credit report
In this post let's take a look at Waypoint Resource Group and how to get that misinformation straightened out by using DoNotPay. Your clean credit report could be just a few clicks away!
Waypoint Resource Group, Results-Driven, Relationship-Focused?
Waypoint Resource Group promises to keep the revenues flowing while maintaining a strong relationship with its customers. Their profile on the Better Business Bureau website says otherwise with the pile of 180+ complaints filed on them.
Here are the most common complaints about WRG;
- Bogus accounts from businesses the customer has never done business with!
- Broken contract agreements that the customer in question has no idea about!
- Payments made to satisfy an outstanding debt through another third-party debt collector and the account being turned over to WRG for them to collect on the account again. Customers state that even after proving they have paid the account in full, WRG still comes after them with guns blazing!
- Payments that have been made to satisfy an outstanding debt that never is applied to the balance owed!
- Payment arrangements made on Monday are still being called to the customer on Tuesday!
Those are the most recurring problems that consumers have filed complaints about and to date, only 37 of the total number of complaints have been resolved. The BBB rating of 'B' seems a bit generous!
If you need to get in touch with Waypoint Resource Group, below are their contact details:
|Phone Number||(866) 447-4163|
|Contact Form||Waypoint Resource Group|
|Payment/Mailing Address||P.O. Box 8588
Round Rock, TX 78683-8588
We highly recommend, however, that you reach out to DoNotPay and have our legal experts communicate with Waypoint Resource Group on your behalf. This ensures you won’t be digging a deeper hole for yourself if in any case that the collections company tries to hurt you using anything that you said..
Paying an Old Debt Through Waypoint Resource Group Actually Further Damages Your Credit!
So, you have an old debt and Waypoint Resource Group has been given the task of collecting that debt. A WRG representative has contacted you and for lack of a better solution, you have decided to pay the debt and move on with your credit life.
That is both good, and bad.
Good in the sense that an old debt is being paid off. Bad in the sense that the account has been turned over to a collection agency, so the clock has essentially been reset on that account. Now, any action you take on your part to satisfy the debt will be recorded as a late payment, a collection agency-provided payment, and a payment on an account that has been closed for X number of years.
These are all big red flags being scattered throughout your creditworthiness report and this act of goodwill on your part further damages your already fragile credit report.
Waypoint Resource Group Has Been Trying to Contact Me, What Should I Do?
There are things that collection agencies can and cannot do. If WRG is trying to contact you stick to these guidelines:
- Never discuss anything with them over the phone. The least they know about you the better off you will be. If they are persistent, notify them that you do not discuss matters of this nature on the phone, but you will gladly review their claim once they have provided it to you in writing.
- Do not buy into what they are saying. Debt Collectors are notorious for making false claims about their actions to 'scare' you into paying a debt.
- Record your phone calls. Most states will allow you to record a phone conversation without notifying the other party. This is especially helpful if WRG is making a lot of claims about what will happen to you if you don't pay up!
- Know your state's laws regarding the statute of limitations on old debt. Most states are somewhere between 4 and 6 years and after that, it becomes 'zombie debt' that they cannot collect on.
- Do not apply for any new lines of credit to pay your old debt. In most states, it is considered to be a case of fraud when you are applying for new credit to take care of an old debt that you have sworn you cannot pay.
Reminder to also always demand for a debt validation letter. This document contains details of your debt which gives you a better idea on confirming whether or not you actually owe money and need to pay up. If you are unsure what this document looks like or how it should be written, you can seek DoNotPay’s advice on whether the letter you received is valid or not.
If the collection agency has indicated a wrongful debt, you must send a credit dispute letter. You can find templates of the said letter online or better yet, have a legal expert like DoNotPay to write and send it on your behalf. This ensures the letter is professionally made and gives an impression that you are not to be messed with.
Waypoint Resource Group and the Inaccuracies in Your Credit Report
At no place on the WRG website is there a page, a link, or some other way of being able to correct an item that needs to be removed from your credit report. And, as we have mentioned, it is not unusual for WRG to start the whole process over for the same debt once you have paid it in full!
It is time for you to hire a rock star to fight WRG and get you that clean credit report that started this whole thing!
How to Use DoNotPay to Do Some Heavy Lifting Regarding Waypoint Resource Group
DoNotPay is your one-stop all-inclusive information hub regarding your Waypoint Resource Group dispute. This is the fast and easy way to get ahead when dealing with third-party debt collectors like Waypoint Resource Group.
Look at how easy it is to get things headed in the right direction by using DoNotPay!
How to clean up your credit report using DoNotPay in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report, and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
Removing collections from your credit report needs to be done the right way and fast! DoNotPay has got your back and will do all the heavy lifting where your credit issues are.
What Else Can Be Done Using DoNotPay?
There is simply no limit to the list of things that you can accomplish using DoNotPay. Here are other issues that you can entrust to the world’s first ever robot lawyer:
- Help with bills
- Late Delivery Refunds
- How to cancel.
- Financial aid appeal letters.
- Jump the Phone Queue for Any Company
- Request an Item Return
- Fight Workplace Discrimination
Let DoNotPay show you how fast and easy you can get a clean credit report and remove toxic information from your history. Download the DoNotPay app right now and get started.