Can You Transfer United Miles to Lufthansa?
Both United and Lufthansa Airlines are members of the Star Alliance. The alliance means you can redeem your United miles for flights on Lufthansa and vice versa. Although you can use miles from one airline to fly the other airline, it is impossible to transfer United Miles to Lufthansa.
If you need help , DoNotPay can help. We will help you check your latest points balance and redeem United miles for Lufthansa flights. If you want to sell your miles or points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors too.
How to Earn United Points
United travelers earn miles that are then deposited into the MileagePlus account every time they purchase an eligible fare and travel on flights operated by United or United Express. You can also earn miles based on the fare on Star Alliance™ flights or MileagePlus partner airline for tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016"). Apart from the fare, the following are the other factors for awarding miles/points:
- Earning based on flight distance: members are awarded miles based on flight distance and the purchased fare class.
- Earnings based on premier status: for each eligible flight that earns miles based on fare, premier members are awarded bonus miles based on their premier status on the date of travel.
- Specialty tickets: some specialty tickets, including group, tour, bulk, and opaque tickets, earn miles based on flight distance and the purchased fare class.
Where Can I Transfer United Points?
There are several ways to redeem your United miles. Once you have earned enough miles, you can use your miles on United Airlines. You also get opportunities to redeem miles with partner carriers by carrying out a normal search on the webpage.
The fact that United is part of Star Alliance means you have several options for turning your United miles into award tickets on various carriers and flights across the globe. Accrued mileage can also be transferred to another MileagePlus member through United's Transfer Miles Program.
How to Transfer United Miles on Your Own
Here’s how you can transfer United miles/points on your own:
- Visit the MileagePlus website and navigate to the "Buy or Transfer Miles" page and select "Transfer Miles."
- Log in to your MileagePlus account
- After logging in, a transfer form will load. Fill out the form by inputting your name, MileagePlus number, and contact details.
- Choose the number of miles you want to transfer and enter the details of the recipient
- Pay the transfer fees of $7.50 per 500 miles. You also need to pay a $30 processing fee
- Wait for 24 hours for the transaction to finalize.
If you are looking for an easier and more convenient way to transfer your points from one MileagePlus account to another, DoNotPay can help. DoNotPay can guide you through the best options you have depending on your rewards program and how much each point will be worth monetarily.
How to Transfer Airlines Points With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to , DoNotPay can help you in a few simple steps:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
We can help you with other account points, too. For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
Can You Sell United Airline Miles?
Since United is an original Star Alliance member, members can earn and sell United MileagePlus Airline miles for cash across diverse networks.
- United miles are worth 1.75 cents each on average. This converts to about $175 per 10,000 miles.
- On the other hand, Lufthansa miles are 1.98 cents per mile, on average. This means 10,000 Lufthansa miles have a value of roughly $198.
Here is at table breaking down the average value per mile:
|Mileage Value (in dollars)||1.75 Cents||1.98|
Ideally, Lufthansa miles are more valuable than average airlines miles worth 1.3 cents each. Lufthansa Airlines’ miles are also more valuable than United miles.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay can assist you in transferring or selling miles and points with many different entities or companies, including these international names:
Let DoNotPay Help You Manage Your Miles Today
Most travelers struggle to find the best deal when transferring or selling their airline miles for cash. Whether you want to check or transfer miles, sell your mileage or book flights for someone else using United miles, DoNotPay can help.
If you have a lot of credit card, hotel, or airline points, DoNotPay can guide you through the best options you have, depending on your rewards program and how much each point will be worth monetarily. Contact us today to learn more.