Can You Transfer Southwest Points to Marriott Rewards?
If you often travel, you might be a member of an airline or hotel rewards program. These programs provide points that can be used for hotel benefits or free flights from their respective companies. If you are a Marriott rewards member, you can transfer your Marriott points to Southwest.
Transferring your Marriott points into Southwest miles is something that anyone can do if they are a member of both rewards programs. By transferring your hotel rewards into airline miles, you can make more use of your points, but it can be difficult to do alone. But can you transfer your Southwest miles to Marriott points?
How Southwest Miles and Marriott Points Work
Southwest's rewards program is called Southwest Rapid Rewards, and it gives points based on dollars spent on Southwest flights. Members of the rewards program can save up miles for future flights.
The Marriott Rewards program is similar except it gives points for staying in Marriott hotels. Points can then be saved and used for discounts, room upgrades, and more.
While this program does allow you to transfer your hotel points into airline miles, it does not allow you to transfer Southwest miles into Marriott points.
How Much Are Southwest Miles Worth?
Calculating the worth of any miles program can be difficult, and Southwest is no exception. Generally speaking, one point in the Southwest Rapid Rewards program is worth about 1 cent to 1.5 cents. The good thing about Southwest points is that they never expire, so you could accumulate points for as long as you fly with Southwest.
Here are how Southwest miles compare to other airlines:
|Airline Reward Program||Miles||Standard Mileage Value (in Dollars)||Priority/Business/First Class Mileage Value (in Dollars)|
|American Airlines AAdvantage Miles||1||$0.012||$0.025|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards||1||$0.014||$0.015|
Reasons to Sell Southwest Miles
Points in a Southwest Rapid Rewards account can be useful for frequent flyers. If you don't plan on flying often, though, then your Southwest miles probably won't be used. If this is the case, it might be a good idea to sell your Southwest miles so that you can see some value in the points that would have otherwise been unused.
How to Transfer Marriott Points to Southwest on Your Own
If you have an excess of Marriott rewards points that you don't plan on using, you can transfer your points to your airline of choice, including Southwest. Consider the following steps to transfer your points:
- Sign in to your Marriott rewards account to check your point balance.
- Make sure that you are a Southwest Rapid Rewards member so that you know you can transfer points.
- Go to the "Transfer Miles to Points" page on Marriott's website.
- Click the "Transfer Points" button and follow the steps it gives.
- Check your Southwest Rapid Rewards account to make sure that the transfer went through.
Again, this program allows you to transfer your hotel points into airline miles, but it does not allow you to transfer Southwest miles into Marriott points. But DoNotPay can help.
Next Steps if You Can't Transfer Southwest Points by Yourself
If you find it difficult to connect your accounts from Southwest to Marriott to transfer your rewards, or if you are struggling with any part of the process, there is another way. Instead of handling the problem yourself, you can turn to DoNotPay and use our Convert Points and Miles product.
Transfer Southwest Points to Marriott and Vice Versa With DoNotPay
DoNotPay makes managing, transferring, and even selling your Southwest miles easier than doing it on your own. With the Convert Points and Miles product, all it takes is 3 easy steps.
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
By following these 3 steps, transferring your points from Southwest to Marriott can be done quickly and easily.
Why Use DoNotPay to Transfer Your Points
Using DoNotPay is the best solution for monitoring and transferring points from Marriott and Southwest because it is:
- Fast: DoNotPay is more efficient than doing it yourself.
- Easy: Instead of going through an in-depth process, DoNotPay simplifies transferring points from Southwest or Marriott into 3 steps.
- Successful: With DoNotPay, you can successfully check and transfer your rewards points.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
One major benefit to DoNotPay is that it can help you across all companies. Whether you need to transfer points from Marriott or a different hotel, DoNotPay can help.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Once you've successfully transferred points from your Southwest Rapid Rewards to your Marriott rewards or vice versa, you have only scratched the surface of what DoNotPay can do. In addition to transferring points, DoNotPay can also help with issues including:
- Help with bills
- Gift card cashback
- Get free trials without getting charged
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Free raffle tickets
- Find unclaimed money
- Credit card
- Dealing with parking tickets
DoNotPay offers a wide range of products to help with different issues. If you're experiencing these problems or others, sign up for DoNotPay today to see what the world's first robot lawyer can do for you.