How to Transfer KrisFlyer Miles In 3 Simple Steps
Recognized as the 'World's Best Airline,' Singapore Airlines is known for exceeding customer expectations. From their first-class suites to their personalized approach, Singapore Airlines continues to win awards for its exceptional product and service.
The KrisFlyer frequent flyer program is one of the many perks enjoyed by loyal Singapore Airlines customers. But like any frequent flyer program, there are restrictions and procedures you must follow when transferring miles. Read on to discover how you can in just three simple steps.
How Does the KrisFlyer Membership Program Work?
KrisFlyer is Singapore Airlines’ . Membership is free, and most people can complete the signup process in just a minute or two. There are three main factors that determine how many miles you earn.
The KrisFlyer program is similar to frequent flyer programs offered by many other airlines. The longer the distance you fly, the more miles you are eligible to earn.
The Type Of Fare Purchased
When you purchase flights with a premium cabinet class, you earn miles at an accelerated rate. For example, First Class and Business Class tickets will yield more miles than Economy Standard tickets.
Singapore Airlines offers multiple membership tiers. As you achieve these tiers, you become eligible to earn bonus points and other perks when you fly. KrisFlyer membership levels are as follows:
- KrisFlyer: As KrisFlyer's basic membership level, it allows you to start earning and redeeming rewards.
- KrisFlyer Elite Silver: You earn Silver Elite status after earning 25,000 miles over 12 consecutive months.
- KrisFlyer Elite Gold: You earn Gold Elite status after you earn 50,000 miles over 12 consecutive months.
Special perks include reduced or waived service fees, priority reservation waitlist and standby, and bonuses on KrisFlyer Miles you earn by flying with Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, and SilkAir. Gold members are eligible for priority boarding and baggage handling, plus Star Alliance Gold lounge access.
How Much Are KrisFlyer Miles Worth?
KrisFlyer miles are worth roughly 1 to 1.4 cents per mile. The exact value depends on how you choose to use your miles. In general, KrisFlyer miles tend to be worth more when they are used to purchase First Class or Premium cabin seating.
Here are how KrisFlyer miles compare to other travel partners:
|Hotel/Airline||Point Value (Cents)|
|Air Canada Aeroplan||1.9|
|Air France / KLM Flying Blue||1.4|
|Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan||1.1|
|American Airlines AAdvantage||1.2|
|ANA Mileage Club||2|
|Best Western Rewards||0.7|
|British Airways Avios||0.8|
|Delta Airlines SkyMiles||1.3|
|Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles||1|
|Turkish Miles & Smiles||1.3|
|Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards||1.4|
|Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer||1.4|
|Spirit Airlines Free Spirit||1.1|
|United Airlines MileagePlus||1|
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club||1.1|
What Are Some Reasons to Consider Transferring KrisFlyer Miles?
Prior to transferring KrisFlyer miles, it's wise to make sure it makes financial sense to explore a transfer. Here are three of the top reasons why KrisFlyer members may decide to part with miles:
- You would like to close your KrisFlyer account and do not intend to fly Singapore Airlines in the near future.
- Your health or physical condition prevents you from traveling by air, so you will not be able to use any miles.
- You have a child who has accumulated miles and you would like to use those miles yourself on an upcoming trip.
Transfer activity can also keep a KrisFlyer account current and valid. KrisFlyer terms and conditions specify that accounts with no activity for 36 months will expire. And if a new KrisFlyer account has no activity for 18 months since the date of enrollment, the account will expire.
How Can You Transfer KrisFlyer Miles On Your Own?
The KrisFlyer program allows you to transfer KrisFlyer miles to family members. As a KrisFlyer member, you are able to transfer miles from your child's account to your account. You are able to transfer up to 50,000 miles as long as your child is under the age of 16 and you have established a parental link.
Here is what you need to do:
- Make sure you and your child are both signed up as KrisFlyer rewards members.
- Log into your child's KrisFlyer account.
- Go to the 'Personal Details' page of your child's account and turn on the 'Parental Link.' Check your email for an invitation to link accounts.
- Accept the invitation.
- Complete the transfer by going to 'Miles → Transfer child's miles.'
How to Transfer KrisFlyer Miles With The Help Of DoNotPay
With dozens of different airlines operating globally, it can be challenging to keep up with each individual airline's policies and procedures regarding the transfer of miles. You also have limited options for swapping or selling points. DoNotPay simplifies the process for you and introduces you to potential ways to sell or swap your miles.
Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
Here is a quick example of how the steps work: If you are a KrisFlyer member, you can explore options for transferring or selling your miles. If you decide you would like to sell your miles, we can help you secure a great deal through a third-party vendor. Finally, we can even help you retrieve your current point balance so you choose the best option!
Why Use DoNotPay to Transfer KrisFlyer Miles?
DoNotPay is the fastest and most reliable way to transfer KrisFlyer miles. By following the three simple steps above, you can easily transfer your KrisFlyer miles to a variety of providers.
Here are the top three reasons why travelers love using DoNotPay to transfer their KrisFlyer miles:
- Quick Results: DoNotPay's 3 simple steps enable you to transfer your KrisFlyer miles in a matter of minutes.
- Simple to Use: You can use the DoNotPay app to transfer your KrisFlyer miles using your smartphone, tablet, or PC.
- Successful Outcomes: When you use DoNotPay to transfer your KrisFlyer miles, you can feel confident the transfer will be successful.
DoNotPay Can Help You Transfer, Convert, And Sell Points From Virtually Any Provider
Once you use DoNotPay to successfully transfer KrisFlyer miles, you may wonder if you can use DoNotPay to transfer miles you accumulated on other accounts. The answer is YES!
|American Airlines||Southwest||Other Airlines||Hilton|
What Are Some Other Ways DoNotPay Can Enhance Your Life?
Helping you transfer KrisFlyer miles is just a drop in the bucket of the many ways DoNotPay can reduce hassles in your life. From helping you request compensation after a power outage to helping you resolve disputes with your neighbors, DoNotPay seems to have a solution for all of life's challenges.
Here is a look at some of the other tasks DoNotPay can help you complete with ease:
- Find out how to get the best virtual credit cards
- Request compensation for robocalls
- Receive compensation for a delayed airline flight
- Learn how to access free raffle tickets and giveaways
- Protect yourself from stalkers and harassment
- Sign up for free trials
- Learn how to dispute unpaid parking tickets
- Find out how to get cash in exchange for a gift card
- Connect with a customer service rep without long hold times
- Find unclaimed money you are owed
- Learn how to manage unpaid bills
By arming you with simple solutions to life's challenges, DoNotPay can help you accomplish more every day. We invite you to to see how DoNotPay can free up time and extra cash to spend on your favorite people and activities. The DoNotPay team looks forward to making each day more productive and enjoyable for you!