How to Get the Most Out of Your Flying Blue Rewards With DoNotPay
Flying Blue is a free loyalty program for Air France, KLM, and five partner airlines. Miles can be used for airfare and in-flight purchases or redeemed at participating companies such as hotels and rental car agencies for free stays or discounted rental rates.
Participants earn miles and experience points (XP) points. Experience points (XP) count towards flyer status on participating carriers. Passengers using Flying Blue American Express cards can earn additional points. The number of points depends on the type of card. DoNotPay simplifies using your Flying Blue miles through its online service that can help you transfer, check, or sell your miles or points.
How Does the Flying Blue Loyalty Program Work?
Flying Blue operates Air France and KLM airlines. It partners with five regional airlines to extend the program's reach. When individuals purchase tickets on one of the airlines, they receive miles for each euro spent based upon flying status.
For example, passengers on an in-country flight earn XP points based on the class of service. A passenger in Economy class would earn two points, while a flyer in First class on the same flight would earn ten. Points are only used to determine flyer status.
Flying Blue offers four flyer statuses:
|Silver||Requires 100 XP|
|Gold||Requires 180 XP|
|Platinum||Requires 300 XP|
Based on flyer status, passengers earn miles per euro spent:
- Explorer. Four miles per euro
- Silver. Six miles
- Gold. Seven miles
- Platinum. Eight miles
Passengers may earn miles using co-branded credit cards from Citi, Chase, Capital One, Marriott Bonvoy, or American Express.
How Can You Transfer Miles?
Flying Blue participates in the SkyTeam Alliance, so miles are available for transfer from any member airline. In 2020, Flying Blue miles may be used to book Virgin Atlantic flights. Miles may also be used to purchase non-flight items such as hotel stays. Flying Blue also offers online shopping using air miles.
- Airfare - People can transfer Flying Blue miles to other members who can use them to book flights, purchase in-flight amenities, or partner services. They can use miles for flights on alliance partners; however, the flights must be booked through Flying Blue. Only select flights on airlines such as Delta or China Eastern are available for Flying Blue program members.
- Credit Cards - Cardholders with Flying Blue can redeem miles at a rate of 1:1, except for Capital One which transfers at a rate of 2:1.5. The number of points or miles varies depending on the card and the items being purchased. Flyers will need to look at their credit card provider for details on transferring miles.
How to Sell Flying Blue Miles
Using Flying Blue miles outside the Flying Blue alliances can be limited since most flights must be issued through Flying Blue. Because Flying Blue miles can only be used through Air France or KLM even when booking a flight on a different airline, selling Flying Blue miles might be a better option.
At the end of 2021, a Flying Blue mile had a baseline worth of 1.4 cents (US). Depending on the buyer, the rate may be higher or lower. Numerous websites are dedicated to buying and selling air miles. DoNotPay can help find the best price for Flying Blue miles.
Here is how KLM Flying Blue miles compare to other travel partners:
|Hotel/Airline||Point Value (Cents)|
|Air Canada Aeroplan||1.9|
|Air France / KLM Flying Blue||1.4|
|Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan||1.1|
|American Airlines AAdvantage||1.2|
|ANA Mileage Club||2|
|Best Western Rewards||0.7|
|British Airways Avios||0.8|
|Delta Airlines SkyMiles||1.3|
|Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles||1|
|Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards||1.4|
|Spirit Airlines Free Spirit||1.1|
|United Airlines MileagePlus||1|
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club||1.1|
How DoNotPay Can Help Flyers Use Flying Blue Miles
If you're ready to use your Flying Blue Miles but don't know where to start, use the following DoNotPay steps:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With Just the Click of a Button
DoNotPay is not only good for transferring Flying Blue miles. We can also deal with the following companies for you:
- Southwest Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Skymiles
- Marriott points
- United miles
Why Use DoNotPay
DoNotPay is an online service designed to help you traverse the little things that feel like huge hurdles when you do them yourself. They may seem so tedious that you don't receive all the benefits you deserve. With DoNotPay, you can expect services that are:
- Fast. Transferring or selling miles only takes minutes. Complete the form and select submit. Your work is done. DoNotPay will take it from there.
- Simple. DoNotPay's service is easy-to-use. Visit the website, select the service, and answer a few questions. No fine print to read or long forms to complete.
- Successful. DoNotPay has completed tasks for hundreds of customers because the service doesn't stop. It operates 24/7, 365 days a year.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is carefully designed with users like you in mind. We understand that some tasks and legal procedures can be tedious and expensive. With DoNotPay, you simply provide us with all the necessary information and we’ll do all the paperwork for you. Use DoNotpay to:
- Find Missing Money
- Get Free Trials
- Get Speedy Customer Service Assistance
- Facilitate Help with Bills
- Avail of Gift Card Cash Back
- Grab Free Raffle Tickets
- Deal with Credit Card Issues
- Resolve Parking Tickets
Download DoNotPay today and enhance how you get your tasks completed.