How to Transfer AA Miles to SPG
American Airlines is a major American airline and the largest globally when measured by fleet size, revenue passenger miles, and scheduled passengers carried.
On the other hand, Starwood Preferred Guests (SPG) is a loyalty program that is part of Marriott International and helps flyers and airline clients book assorted hotels and related services worldwide.
Although queries and concerns typically revolve around how to use points and miles from airlines, many readers want to know whether you can transfer AA miles to SPG or generally from one airline rewards program to another.
If so, then the short straight answer is no. It may be difficult to transfer airline miles from one airline to another. Fortunately, you can book award flights or other airlines, if they are travel partners.
It is possible to use your American Airlines miles to book award flights on other airlines. However, transferring your American Airlines miles to SPG points may not be an easy task. DoNotPay can help you transfer AA miles to SPG and also transfer SPG points to American airlines. Here is how to transfer airline points and miles across platforms.
American Airlines Miles Explained
AA miles are slightly harder to use than rewards on some of the airline's competitors, such as United. You may have to work harder to find award space, although there is impressive economic availability and AA is an amazing airline to fly.
AA miles cannot be transferred directly to partners for utilization. Therefore, you may have to locate the flights you are interested in booking and contact AA to book your award ticket. AA miles are usually valued at an average price of 1.7 cents per point. Therefore, a $100 flight ticket may be awarded for the equivalent of approximately 5,800 AA miles. To earn more AA miles, keep using American Airlines branded credit cards.
|1 Point/Mile Value (in dollars)||$0.024||$0.017|
How to Transfer SPG Points
SPG points are easy to transfer for flights. Starwood Preferred Guests offer customers 5,000 bonus miles for every 20,000 points you transfer. Here is how to transfer SPG points:
- Head over to SPG, then click the 'Book and Redeem' icon
- Click on 'Redeem Starpoints
- Then click on the 'Travel' icon at the page's top
- Select 'Turn your points into frequent flyer miles". Alternatively, you may scroll down the page and select the 'Sky's the limit' box
- At the bottom of the page, click 'Transfer Starpoints to air miles
- Fill in the necessary information to log into your account
- Choose the airline from the 'Select airline' drop-down menu to see the transfer ratio. The majority of airlines have a 1:1 transfer ratio (which is not always the case)
- Key in your frequent flyer number as well as the number of points you want to transfer
- Finally, check the box to agree to the stipulated terms and conditions, then click the 'Go' button.
Transferring points or airline miles requires skills, time, and experience for a smooth process. Failure to have any of these, you can rely on DoNotPay to help you transfer, convert, or sell your airline points or miles.
You can now use your new points for:
- Traveling wherever you need to go
- Enjoying your next vacation
How to Transfer AA Miles to SPG with the Help of DoNotPay
Transferring airline miles has constantly proven an almost impossible task. On the bright side, DoNotPay has experience and expertise in helping airline customers transfer or sell their airline miles and points. If you want to transfer your AA miles to SPG, DoNotPay has got you sorted in a few easy steps:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
Start your American Airline miles transfer process with the help of DoNotPay by signing up here.
Why Use DoNotPay to Transfer AA Miles to SPG?
Fast: DoNotPay lacks the inconvenient prolonged waiting hours and days for positive feedback
Easy: With DoNotPay, you don't have to fill in endless forms and undergo multiple steps to get the job done
Higher success chances: More importantly, DoNotPay makes what appears impossible task very possible.
DoNotPay Works Across All Platforms and Companies
DoNotPay is a universal service provider and robot lawyer. It can provide a wide range of services by reaching out to almost any company or platform and filing a strong case on your behalf, regardless of the nature of your complaint. Besides helping you transfer SPG points to American Airlines, DoNotPay can also help with:
|Transfer AA miles||Sell Delta SkyMiles||Transfer Southwest points||Transfer United miles||Transfer Marriot points|
|Sell Marriot points||Transfer Hilton points||Transfer Chase points||Sell airline mileage||Sell United miles|
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You With?
- Pay bills
- Get free trials without being charged
- Get free raffle tickets
- Dispute parking tickets
- Solve credit card problems
- Find unclaimed money.
Do you want to transfer AA miles to SPG? Sign up with DoNotPay to help you transfer your SPG points to American Airlines.