How to Increase Your SunTrust Credit Limit
It's generally a good thing to have more money available to spend. When using a credit card, it's your credit limit that determines how much is available, and that's set by the bank that issues the credit card. While you could wait for your credit card limit to increase as you prove you're a responsible purchaser, you may want to request a credit limit increase.
Having a higher credit limit can decrease your overall credit utilization, which is your spending divided by your credit limit, which in turn improves your credit score. If you have a credit card from SunTrust (or Truist), you can rely on DoNotPay to help request your .
How to Request a Credit Limit Increase From SunTrust on Your Own
You can request a SunTrust credit card limit increase by calling 800-477-9702 and speaking with a SunTrust representative. In February 2022, SunTrust Bank will merge with BB&T to create the new bank of Truist. However, business is expected to continue as usual at the more than 1,400 SunTrust Bank branches in the United States.
When Can I Request a Credit Limit Increase?
Not everyone is eligible to receive a credit limit increase. If your credit card is new or is a secured credit card, you won't be able to get a credit limit increase. In addition, if your limit recently was decreased, you also won't be able to request an increase.
The best time to request a credit limit increase is after you've gotten a raise or a new job and when you have good credit and a good track record. That good track record comes from paying your bills on time for 6 to 12 months and from having a low utilization rate.
What Information Will SunTrust Ask For?
When requesting a credit limit increase, you'll likely be asked about your income, employment, and housing expenses. Income includes money you get from:
- Retirement Income
- Interest and Dividends
- Public Assistance
The bank also wants to know your employment status and how much you pay for rent or mortgage.
Things to Consider Before Requesting a Credit Limit Increase From SunTrust
Be aware that requesting a credit limit increase could result in a hard inquiry on your credit report. If this happens, it can lower your credit score. If this is a concern, then you'll want to make sure a hard pull isn't necessary.
Increase Your Suntrust Credit Limit With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay can take away the hassle of requesting a credit limit increase from SunTrust and make sure your credit score isn't affected without your permission. If you want to request higher credit limits but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in six easy steps:
How to request higher credit limits using DoNotPay:
- Go to the Credit Limit Increase product on DoNotPay.
- Select which type of card you own and your credit provider.
- Tell us more about your card, such as when you first created this card, your current credit limit, what you would like your new limit to be, your card number, and whether you've missed past payments.
- Tell us more about your current income and expenses and why you would like to request a limit increase.
- Indicate whether you want to allow hard inquiries to be made into your credit history. Upload a copy of your ID and provide your e-signature.
- Submit your task. DoNotPay will deliver the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the card provider with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
Why Use DoNotPay to Increase Your Credit Limit
With DoNotPay, you can take all the anxiety out of requesting a credit limit increase on your own. Using the Credit Limit Increase product is fast, easy, and successful:
|Fast||You don't have to spend hours trying to figure out how to request a credit limit increase.|
|Easy||You don't have to struggle to keep track of what needs to be done or spend time on the phone with a bank.|
|Successful||You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you.|
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
It isn't just SunTrust that DoNotPay can help you connect with. DoNotPay's Credit Limit Increase product can help you increase your limit on all of your credit cards, whether they're issued by Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, PNC Bank, or others.
- Increase your American Express credit limit
- Increase your Apple Card credit limit
- Increase your Bank of America credit limit
- Increase your Capital One credit limit
- Increase your Chase credit limit
- Increase your Citi credit limit
- Increase your Credit One credit limit
- Increase your Discover credit limit
- Increase your Wells Fargo credit limit
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you increase your credit limit is just one task that DoNotPay can help you take care of. There are plenty of other problems that DoNotPay can help you solve too. A few of them include:
- Requesting chargebacks and refunds
- Getting a virtual credit card
- Filing a complaint against any company
With many features and products to offer, DoNotPay can help you , plus check other tasks off your list.