Easily Get Your RBC Credit Limit Increase
Your initial RBC credit limit was determined based on your income and credit history at the time of application. If either of these situations or another aspect of your financial situation has changed significantly, can be a helpful option for you to take more control of your finances and improve your lifestyle.
Here is an overview of how to increase your credit limit and how DoNotPay can help you simplify the process.
When Can I Request a Credit Limit Increase From RBC?
Although RBC does not provide a specific timeline for when you may be eligible for a , you should generally wait until you have had and responsibly used your card with your current credit limit for at least several months to a year before making a request for a higher limit. This gives RBC a reasonable amount of material to analyze to determine how you are using your money now, how it differs from your financial situation when it made its initial decision, and whether increasing your limit at this time is the best option for both you and RBC.
What Information Will RBC Ask For?
RBC and other credit card companies will generally reevaluate the information it used to determine your initial credit limit, particularly your income and credit history. Your history with RBC will also be an important factor at this point, such as whether you have consistently paid your RBC credit card balance on time and maintained a reasonable utilization of your current credit limit.
Things to Consider Before Requesting a Credit Limit Increase From RBC
You will generally have the best chance of having your credit limit increase request approved if you are able to present evidence that your financial situation has improved since you received your RBC credit card. This typically involves increases in your income or credit score, and you will likely have a higher likelihood of having your request approved if both categories have improved.
Considering whether you are making your request at the right time and for the right reasons can help you determine whether requesting a credit limit increase is actually a good idea or if you would be better off waiting. Some of the most important things to consider include:
- Whether your overall income has increased and by how much
- Whether you have recently or may soon receive a promotion or change careers
- Whether your credit score has increased and by how much
- Whether a higher credit limit makes sense within the context of your other financial responsibilities, especially if they have significantly changed since you applied for your RBC credit card
How to Request a Credit Limit Increase From RBC on Your Own
RBC offers three options for requesting a credit limit increase, which means that you can choose a method that works reasonably well for you. Depending on your preferences, you can submit your request:
- Online. You can log on to your RBC Online Banking Account and choose Change Credit Limit. Follow the instructions to make the requested changes.
- By Phone. All lines are open 24/7.
- In-Person. Go to your preferred RBC branch.
|RBC Contact Information
|FAQ: Credit Limit & Fees
However, even though the process itself is flexible enough to give you options, actually getting your credit limit increase request approved can be difficult.
Next Steps for Requesting a Credit Limit Increase From RBC if You Can't Do It Yourself
Getting your request approved can be challenging for a variety of reasons, especially if your financial situation has not changed much since your initial credit limit was approved. Fortunately, you do not have to navigate the process on your own. DoNotPay can help you frame your specific reasons for requesting a credit limit increase in clear terms that are the most likely to result in success.
If your first attempt at making your case with RBC is unsuccessful or you would simply prefer not to waste time making multiple attempts, getting in touch with DoNotPay first and having us contact RBC on your behalf can make the process much less of a hassle for you.
Request a Credit Limit Increase From RBC With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Credit Limit Increase product on DoNotPay.
- Select which type of card you own and your credit provider.
- Tell us more about your card, such as when you first created this card, your current credit limit, what you would like your new limit to be, your card number, and whether you've missed past payments.
- Tell us more about your current income and expenses and why you would like to request a limit increase.
- Indicate whether you want to allow hard inquiries to be made into your credit history. Upload a copy of your ID and provide your e-signature
- Submit your task! DoNotPay will deliver the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the card provider with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
Why Use DoNotPay to Request a Credit Limit Increase From RBC
RBC may be reluctant to increase your credit limit if it is not confident that your current financial situation and payment history are sufficient to support it, especially if too little time has passed since it last assigned you one. By starting the process with DoNotPay on your side, we can communicate with RBC on your behalf to make things easier for you and ensure the highest possible chance of success.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
We are also here to help if you are interested in increasing your credit limit for multiple credit cards, and our process is just as user-friendly for you no matter what lender you want us to communicate with on your behalf. Some of the many banks and other lenders we have worked with in the past include:
- Capital One
- American Express
- Apple Card
- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo
- Credit One
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you increase your credit limit is one of dozens of ways DoNotPay can improve your life. Sticking with us after we assist you with RBC is a convenient and affordable way to:
- Get free trials without risking being charged
- Cancel any online account
- Solve problems with your credit report
- Find help paying your rent
- Get any refunds you may be owed
- Find rebates, coupons, and other discounts
At DoNotPay, we are here to help you save money and make your life easier. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you get an RBC credit limit increase or to get started!