How to Find the Best Schools for Your Child With High Functioning Autism in Arizona
If you have a child with high-functioning autism, you are likely looking for the best school to meet their needs. This article identifies the and discusses some of the factors that should be considered when finding the best choice for your child. Discover DoNotPay and how it can save you money on this and countless other tasks.
What Is High Functioning Autism?
Children with autism are all affected quite differently. Identifying the factors that the children respond to must be done on an individual basis, because what works for one child will probably not work for another. A child with autism should have a learning plan that is flexible as well, because what works today may not work tomorrow.
A child that has high functioning autism is able to function independently at a normal level on some tasks but not all tasks. These children can grow up to be productive members of society. Hence, putting them in the best schools will be to their advantage.
What to Look For in Schools for Students With High Functioning Autism?
Because autism presents differently from one child to the next and even presents differently from one day to the next, it is highly important that a school for students with autism has individual learning plans. These plans should be created to offer the most benefits for the child's specific needs and learning abilities. It is just as important for these learning plans to be reevaluated and altered to continue to offer the child the most benefit for their changing needs.
The Best Schools for Children With High Functioning Autism in Arizona
The schools listed here have been ranked as the best schools in Arizona for students with autism based on several factors. The factors that are most important for your child are what will determine if the school will be a good match.
The schools listed include public and private school facilities and many offer both on-campus and online class options. The schools are listed with their locations, tuition, student-to-teacher ratio, and a factor that sets the school apart from the other options.
|School||Location||Tuition||Student to Teacher Ratio||Unique Factors|
|PS Academy||Gilbert, AZ||$28,500 annually||The ratio is small but not set||Programs are tailored to each child|
|Arizona Autism Charter Schools||Phoenix, AZ||Public: Free||19:1||First tuition-free public school for children with autism in AZ|
|Sonoran Science Academy||Tucson, AZ||Public: Free||19:1||Hands-on learning in a family atmosphere|
|Gateway Academy||Phoenix, AZ||$29,000 annually||4:1||Most available sports offered|
|The ACES||Peoria, AZ||$10,287 annually||2:1||Largest student body|
|Banner Academy||Tempe, AZ||Tuition is funded through financial aid and scholarships||4:1||Work and play opportunities with a variety of animals|
|Desert Willow Educational Services||Tucson, AZ||Public: No Tuition||6:1||The highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees|
|Gomper's Private School||Phoenix, AZ||$11,987 annually||8:1||Customized academic and life skill education|
|Abbie School||Tucson, AZ||$30,000||2:1||The most extracurriculars|
|AZ International Academy||Scottsdale, AZ||Private: No Tuition
(This is a Christian-funded private school)
|2:1||Encourage active involvement of parents|
Choosing a School for Your Child With High Functioning Autism in Arizona on Your Own
Here are some tips and best practices for choosing a school for your child with high-functioning autism in Arizona.
- You should start by determining what factors matter the most to your child and their needs. You should write the factors out, listed by importance.
Some factors to consider are:
- private boarding school or public day classes
- co-ed or gender-exclusive
- student-to-teacher ratio
- the school's learning program creation and implementation
- Using these factors as a guide, you should conduct multiple Google searches using various combinations of the factors listed. The more searches you conduct, the more options you will be given to consider.
- As you locate schools that may be good options, you should start a chart for compiling the information to be compared.
- You should conduct enough searches to get as much information as possible, but do not overwhelm yourself with too many options.
- After comparing the options, you should be able to reduce the list to a few good options.
- Next, you must gather as much information as you possibly can about each of the options on your shortlist.
- You should search online, schedule a tour and meet with faculty, speak with the parents of other current students.
- You want to gain as much first-hand knowledge as possible about the schools.
- You should interact with the teachers and faculty enough to determine whether they are best suited to your child.
- After visiting each of the choices, you should discuss the decision with your child, considering their input as much as possible.
Find the Best School for Your Child With High Functioning Autism in Arizona With DoNotPay
Conducting your search thoroughly is time-consuming. The more searches you perform with different combinations of factors, the more results you will turn up. This gives you a better selection to choose from, but more options also make your choice more difficult.
If you want to in your area but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Go to the Best Schools Search product on DoNotPay.
- Let us guide you through the different priorities you can filter by, including whether you're looking for a private school vs. public school, your ideal student-to-teacher ratio, and what grade level you are looking for.
- Tell us how you want us to rank the results (by what's most important to you!) Some examples include, best schools overall, most diverse, best teachers, etc.
- Enter the search area you want to search for. The wider the area, the more schools we can match you with.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Choose the Best School for Your Child’s Needs
If you don't live in Arizona, DoNotPay can assist you wherever you live. All of DoNotPay's products work in every city and state. Save time and money in a quick, easy, successful way by letting DoNotPay handle your time-consuming and difficult tasks so you have time for more important tasks.
What Else DoNotPay Can Do?
The products from DonotPay will quickly, easily, and successfully handle tasks on your behalf. The purpose of these products is to save you time and money and you are bound to find more than a few ways with the variety of products available.
DoNotPay can also help you with:
Sign up today!