Let DoNotPay Help You Increase Your Salary via a Salary Increment Request Letter Sample
Typically, the longer you work at a job, the more your salary increases. You start with a base rate, and as you gain experience, your paycheck is supposed to reflect the increased experience.
You may have seen floating around the internet. T hese can come into play when the rate at which your salary is going up is not increasing at the same rate of inflation. This can lead to you not being able to afford things you could easily afford a year or two before.
If this happens to you, you need to put in a salary increment request with your employer. DoNotPay can help you create a salary increment request to ensure you end up getting the money you deserve.
Why do companies give cost of living raises?
An inflation-related raise is when a company raises your salary based on how much inflation has gone up. It 's expected that your salary continues to afford you the same things you have always been able to buy. So, when inflation goes up, your salary should increase, as well.
What should you place in your salary increase letter?
There are four main things you want to make sure you include in your salary increase letter.
|Purpose||You want to start your salary increase letter or email by stating what the purpose of the letter is. Be very clear that you want a raise in your salary. Make sure to include the following points in the purpose section:
|Justification for your request||The next part of your letter will go more in-depth into why you feel you deserve a raise. For example, if you are asking for a raise because of increased responsibility, lay out exactly how your responsibilities have changed. Or, if you want a raise because the cost of living has gone up where you live, then cite some numbers to support that.|
|Requested amount||Once you have a convincing argument for why you should get a raise, your next step is to list how much of a raise you want. Make sure you are specific. Don't use generic phrases like "a small increase." State the specific amount you want your salary to go up by.|
|Be open to negotiation||End your letter by stating that you are willing to negotiate with your boss regarding your raise. For instance, maybe the company can't afford the raise right now but will be able to in the near future. Then, you just have to wait it out.|
What are some convincing arguments to request for a raise?
There are several valid arguments to get a raise. Here are a few examples:
- Inflation has gone up, and you can no longer afford things you could before.
- Lack of funds due to inflation could impact your job performance. For instance, if you have to sell your car, you must catch unreliable transportation to work, which means you could be late.
- Your job responsibilities have changed, and you are in charge of more things than before.
How to submit an inflation pay raise request using DoNotPay
Trying to write your own may sound like a daunting task. If you are already busy, it may not be something you feel you have the time to do. Instead, let DoNotPay write the letter for you.
If you want to but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Enter the name of your company and supervisor as well as how long you have worked at the company.
- Select which industry your job position falls under, so we can find the right year-over-year wage growth.
- Enter the salary increase (as a percentage) you would like to ask for. The recommended number is ~6%.
- List your recent goals and accomplishments to make a more convincing argument for your raise.
- Choose whether you would like us to email this request to your manager/supervisor on your behalf. If not, we'll generate the request as a PDF that you can deliver to them yourself.
Why use DoNotPay to create your pay request letter
There are three main reasons you should use DoNotPay to create your pay request letter.
- It 's fast: You only have to spend a little time creating an account and giving DoNotPay a little information.
- It 's easy: You give us information, and we write the letter for you.
- It 's successful: You can trust that DoNotPay will write you a great pay request letter.
DoNotPay works across all companies/entities/groups with the click of a button
Helping you write a pay request letter isn't the only thing DoNotPay can do for you. We work with many companies/entities and can complete many tasks. Here are several examples.
- We can write pay raise letters for fields from legal to finance.
- We can help you cancel subscriptions to services like Netflix.
- We can help you sue someone in small claims court.
- DoNotPay can help you pay bills.
- We can help you fight workplace discrimination.
DoNotPay is an extremely helpful resource that can help you with a wide variety of tasks. We can help you write a pay increase letter, automatically pay your bills, and cancel subscription services, among many other things.
Reach out to DoNotPay today and see how we can help make your life easier.