Everything You Need to Know About Ross Correctional Institution
is located in Chillicothe, Ohio. It is only about a 50-minute drive from Columbus. The facility houses about 2,578 inmates ranging from medium security to level 3.
There are a variety of services available for inmates at Ross Correctional Institution. Prisoners may receive education, vocational training, and therapy. Education is generally limited to GED testing. Vocational classes include carpentry, administrative office technology, and barbering. Therapeutic services may include a three-month outpatient program for substance and alcohol abuse.
Ross Correctional Institution Contact Information
|Address||Ross Correctional Institution
16149 State Rt. 104
Chillicothe, Ohio 45601
How to Contact Inmates at Ross Correctional Institution
- The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction recognizes that visitation is critical in helping inmates and reducing recidivism. However, many steps need to be completed to visit.
- To visit an inmate, you must be on their approved visitor list.
- Adults will need to complete the ODRC visitor application. Minors who visit will need to have an Authorization For Minor Child Visitation form completed. These applications typically take 4-8 weeks to be approved.
- Only inmates will be notified if the application is approved. They will have to communicate its approval or rejection to you.
- All visitors must have a government-issued ID present for every visit. Minors must bring their birth certificate.
- Visitors are subject to search, which may include a drug canine.
- Every Ohio prison has a strict dress code for visitors. It is recommended to dress conservatively, and not to wear any work uniforms. We advise bringing an extra set of clothes should you accidentally violate the dress code.
- Ross Correctional Institution mandates that all visits be scheduled beforehand. You can schedule a visit online with GTL, or by calling (855) 208-7349. Visits must be scheduled 48 hours in advance.
- Visiting hours are Wednesdays-Sundays from 7:30 am - 2:15 pm. The processing of visitors ends at 1:00 pm.
- Inmates are allowed to receive an unlimited amount of mail.
- All mail will be opened and inspected for contraband.
- You may send photos to inmates that are 5" x 7" or smaller. Polaroids and other instant photos are prohibited.
- You may send care packages four times a year through secure vendors. The only approved vendors are Access, Walkenhorst's, and Union Supply.
- Inmates may also receive books, magazines, and newspapers sent directly by Amazon. Hardcover books are prohibited. Publications may not contain nudity. The inmate's ID number must be on the shipping label. Only three books at a time can be received.
- All mail and packages should be addressed to: Inmate Name, ID Number
- Ross Correctional Institution
- P.O. Box 7010
- Chillicothe, Ohio 45601
- Inmates can make outgoing calls to anyone on their approved contacts list.
- Prisoners can call collect or by using prepaid minutes provided by GTL. You can buy minutes for the inmate with GTL.
- While GTL is cheaper than collect, there is still a connection fee and per minute charge.
- Money can be transferred during visits, online, by phone, or by mail.
- In-person deposits can be made by anyone on the inmate's approved visitation list. Simply go to a kiosk near the entrance of the prison. Cash, credit cards, and debit cards are accepted. Having a photo ID is required.
- Online deposits can be completed with OffenderConnect.
- Over-the-phone deposits can be made by calling 1-888-988-4768.
- Making mail deposits is done with JPAY. This is often the cheapest method, but also the slowest. They require getting a United States Postal Money Order. Make the money order payable to JPAY and put the inmate's name and ID in the memo field. Deposits must include a completed deposit slip. Mail the money order and deposit slip to:
- PO Box 277810
- Miramar, FL 33027
Steps to Take Before Contacting a Prisoner at Ross Correctional Institution
- Most forms of contact require knowing the inmate's location and ID.
- You can use the Ohio DRC prisoner lookup tool to get this information.
- The ODRC site is known for being slow and crashing. If you need prisoner information now, DoNotPay can help with our Find an Inmate product.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Loved Ones in Ross Correctional Institution
- Trying to work with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction can be stressful.
- Families of the incarcerated are often neglected
- DoNotPay is here to help
How DoNotPay Can Help
- Write a Prisoner. DoNotPay's write a prisoner tool allows you to compose letters online. We will handle all the printing, stationery, and shipping for you.
- Prison Pen Pals. We can get you in touch with a random prisoner to become Pen Pals.
- Inmate Visitation. We know all the ins and outs of Ohio's visitation rules. If you have any problems visiting your loved one, DoNotPay can help.
How to Use DoNotPay to Connect With a Prisoner
You can by following these five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- Writing letters to inmates
- Small claims court
- Suing for a dog bite
- How to address a letter to an inmate
- Dispute Parking Tickets
- Recover Passwords
- Complete Debt Validation Letters
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- File a complaint against a neighbor
- Dispute Credit Letters
- Airline Flight Compensation Hacks
- Appeal Banned Account