All You Need to Know About Rocky Mountain Power Rebates for Insulation Installation
Maybe you have heard that Rocky Mountain Power offers rebates on insulation installation, but you don’t know how to claim the rebate.
A rebate is an amount given back to you after a purchase is made. Many consumers make the purchase, find out about the rebate and give up or forget about the offer until it is too late. Companies depend on people not following through with the rebate terms and forfeiting what is owed to them.
DoNotPay can help you claim your Rocky Mountain Power rebate quickly, easily, and successfully.
How Does the Rocky Mountain Power Insulation Rebate Work?
The Rocky Mountain Power rebates on insulation installation program aims to pay you back the money that you have spent on insulating your house. The program has very specific requirements and limitations, so it is not for everyone, but it might be for you.
For starters, the house must be an existing structure and it must have been built before 2013. The house must also be in the Rocky Mountain Power Company service area. Electric heat or air conditioning must be the primary heating or cooling source also. The company does specify that electric space heaters and window AC units do not count. It must be central heat or air that is permanently installed and runs through ductwork.
How Much Is the Rocky Mountain Power Rebate For Insulation?
Insulation rebates are paid to power customers who rely on electric central heat or electric central air as their primary heat or cooling source. The offer is good for attic insulation, wall insulation, and floor insulation.
|Item||Electric Heat Customers||Electric Air Conditioning Customers|
|Attic Insulation Incentive||$0.65/square foot||$0.10/square foot|
|Wall Insulation Incentive||$0.65/square foot||$0.25/square foot|
|Floor Insulation Incentive||$0.65/square foot||None|
What Are the Requirements of the Rebate?
There are a good number of requirements that must be met for this rebate.
- The incentive pays up to $1000/year.
- It must be installed by a contractor from the approved list.
- If self-installed, the incentive is only good for the cost of materials.
- Must comply with Utah building codes. Not paid if installed to bring the home into compliance.
- Electric heat or air must serve at least 80% of the living space.
- The application must be completed and signed.
- The itemized receipt or contractor's invoice must be sent with the application within 180 days of completion.
- Basements and interior walls cannot be counted towards the incentive.
When Do You Get Your Rebate?
You can expect to receive your rebate within 45 days of filing your rebate claim. This allows time for an inspection to be scheduled if Rocky Mountain Power deems one necessary. The company also has to ensure you have met all requirements like hiring a contractor from the approved list of installers.
Use DoNotPay to Get Your Rocky Mountain Power Rebate
We understand how it is. You are a busy person, there is no time to keep up with forms and cut off dates. And besides, the whole process can be a bit overwhelming. Not anymore, not when you have DoNotPay.
Here's how it works:
- Search for rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebates offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
And that's it! DoNotPay will file your rebate claim on your behalf by mail or online depending on the rebate campaign. You should receive your rebate by check within 45 days!
DoNotPay Claims Rebates On Your Behalf
When your rebate payments start rolling in, you will not believe rebates are so easy to claim. You might start thinking about all of the rebate deals you have passed up over the years. You won't dwell on it too long though, because there is money to be saved now.
Do not miss out on one more dollar. Here are a few more rebate articles to get you started.
- Goodyear Tire Rebates
- Michelin Tire Rebates
- Home Depot Rebates
- New Car Rebates
- Mass Save Rebates
- Macy's Rebates
- Menards Rebates
- Verizon Rebates
But That's Not All
The products DoNotPay offers can do a little of everything on your behalf. That is because DoNotPay aims to save you money and time, no matter what you need to accomplish.
- Help With Bills
- Free Trials
- Reducing Your Property Taxes
- Sue Anyone in Small Claims Court
- File A Complaint
- Find Missing Money
- Discover and Apply for Scholarships
- Schedule DMV Appointments
Whatever you need, DoNotPay has a solution for you.