Everything You Need to Know About Donating Plasma in Athens, GA
Donating plasma is critical to keeping the health care system running. Plasma is often called "liquid gold" for its value to patients and its yellowish color. Additionally, donating plasma can earn you money.
Plasma's benefits to the community and compensation for donors have gotten many locals interested in donating plasma in Athens, GA. However, locating the best donation centers in The Classic City can be confusing.
DoNotPay can help you find the best options for . Alternatively, you can choose to follow our how-to guide below. Should you need extra assistance in researching all the plasma donation options near Athens, DoNotPay is ready to help.
What Is Plasma?
Plasma is the biggest component of your blood. It makes up just over half of what's in your blood. It carries enzymes, salts, and water.
Plasma's main purpose is to deliver hormones, nutrients, and proteins throughout your body. The components found in plasma help deliver antibodies, control blood clotting, and deliver the vital proteins fibrinogen and albumin.
Plasma is crucial for many health problems. It is frequently used to treat those with liver disease, burn and shock patients, patients who have clotting issues, and many other ailments.
Eligibility Requirements for Plasma Donors
To be qualified to , you must be:
- Over the age of 18
- At least 110 pounds
- Free from heart and blood diseases
- Haven't visited an endemic country or area in the past year
- Free from specific types of cancer
- Haven't donated plasma within the last 28 days
- Be in overall good health
Plasma Donation Sites in Athens, GA
There are a number of plasma donation centers in Athens, GA.
|Octapharma Plasma||1055 Gaines School Rd,
Ste 105 Athens, GA 30605
|Biomat USA Athens West||3190 Atlanta Highway Suite 112-B Athens, GA, 30606||706-715-6628|
|Biomat USA Athens||233 W Hancock Ave.
Athens, GA, 30601
|CSL Plasma (Lawrenceville)||2150 Riverside Parkway Lawrenceville, GA 30043||678-229-1665|
|CSL Plasma (Gainesville)||2293 Browns Bridge Rd Gainesville, GA 30501||678-207-4844|
How Much Do You Get Paid for Plasma in Athens, GA?
Payment for donations can fluctuate greatly on a variety of factors. Generally, donors can expect at least $20-$50 per donation.
- Certain blood types have a higher payout than others.
- The more plasma you can donate, the more you can make. Your weight determines how much plasma you can donate in a single session.
- Many clinics offer first-time donor bonuses.
- Some clinics state that you can earn over $1,000. But these are best-case scenarios.
It's always best to contact the clinic to determine how much you'll actually make.
Things to Keep in Mind When Donating Plasma
Donating plasma is not as simple as it sounds. You need to meet certain requirements and there is a strict procedure.
What Should You Do Before Donating Plasma?
- Be well hydrated by drinking lots of water.
- Eat a healthy and light meal about two hours before the donation.
- Avoid heavy foods that have high fat or cholesterol values.
- Avoid consuming caffeine, tobacco, or alcohol on your donation day.
How Does Plasma Collection Work?
- You will need to fill out a variety of forms and undergo a health examination during your first donation.
- Blood will be tapped from one arm and processed by a machine that separates plasma from the blood.
- After this separation, your blood will be transferred back to you.
What Should You Do After Donating Plasma?
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for the next four hours or so.
- Don't lift anything heavy or engage in strenuous activity for the rest of the day.
- Consume lots of water to replenish fluid levels.
- Have iron-rich foods like meats, beans, quinoa, tofu, or lentils.
How to Donate Plasma on Your Own in Athens, GA
There are three main centers in Athens. Octapharma Plasma and two Biomat USA locations. There are two CSL Plasma locations that are within an hour's drive of Athens.
Most centers won't disclose how much they'll pay on their website. To find the actual amount you'll receive, you will have to contact the centers directly.
The ambiguity of payouts can make the whole process of donating plasma confusing and frustrating. Thankfully, DoNotPay can help.
Using DoNotPay to Donate Plasma
Here's how to use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor in Athens, GA:
- Search for "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
Why Use DoNotPay to Manage Your Plasma Donations
- Fast. Instead of contacting all the centers near Athens, DoNotPay is a single platform to manage all your communications.
- Easy. Our site is up to date with all first-time donor bonuses, ensuring you get the most for your donation.
- Successful. DoNotPay was founded to help people dispute unjust parking tickets. Since then, we've expanded to help people find the best plasma donor centers in their area.
DoNotPay Can Help Answer Your Questions About Plasma Donation
Unsure about donating your plasma? DoNotPay can help you find answers to the following:
- Can diabetics donate plasma?
- How often can you donate plasma?
- How to donate plasma
- Can you donate plasma after receiving a COVID vaccine?
- Plasma donation requirements
- Who cannot donate plasma?
- How old do you have to be to donate plasma?
DoNotPay Can Do Much More Than Just Manage Plasma Donations
DoNotPay boasts of a number of health-related services including:
DoNotPay can also help you with personal concerns such as how to:
Sign up and learn how DoNotPay can assist you today.