How to Donate Plasma for Money in NYC
Making a plasma donation is one of the most meaningful things you can do in under two hours. Not to mention you can earn cash by making a plasma donation. This has led many in the Big Apple to wonder how much money you can make donating plasma in NYC.
The short answer is not much if any at all. The plasma donation centers in NYC are dominated by New York Blood Center (NYBC), which doesn't pay very well. Most donors can expect to earn around $25-$50. The actual payouts fluctuate from time to time and are influenced by other factors.
DoNotPay can help you contact donation centers to help you get the most money from donating plasma in NYC. Or, you can follow our guide to do it yourself.
Where Can I Donate Plasma in NYC
As mentioned above, the most renowned clinic in New York City is NYBC, and they don’t pay much. They seem to have the monopoly on blood and plasma donations in NYC. We’ve noticed a likely option nearby in Elizabeth, NJ, though, and included that information below.
|NYBC||NYBC.org||310 E 67th St
New York, NY 10065
|Grand Central Donor Center||(is a part of NYBC)||Chanin Building
115 East 41st Street
New York, NY 10017
|Theplasma||Theplasma.com||81 Broad St. Elizabeth, NJ 07201||(908) 997-0825|
Using DoNotPay to Find the Highest Paying Clinics Near NYC
Things change. New plasma donation clinics open and close, and organizations broaden their reach all the time. The best way to stay on top of plasma donation for money in NYC is to check DoNotPay often. DoNotPay can contact every clinic near you to find out how much they are currently paying. Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
If this is your first time donating plasma in NYC, we’ve included some helpful information below.
What Is Plasma?
Plasma makes up a little more than half of your blood.
- It is sometimes called "liquid gold" for its yellowish color and its value to patients.
- Plasma carries water, salt, and enzymes. Its main function is to deliver nutrients, hormones, and proteins throughout your body.
- It carries the vital proteins albumin and fibrinogen.
- Plasma therapy is used for many ailments, including burn victims and blood clotting issues.
Factors That Increase Plasma Payouts
Certain blood types are more valuable. Typically, blood type AB pays the most.
- In some cases, those who have recovered from COVID may be paid more for plasma.
- The more you can donate, the more you will be paid. The heavier you are, the more you are allowed to donate.
- First-time donors may be paid a bonus.
Our Guides to Plasma FAQs
Still have questions about where to donate plasma for money in NYC? Here are more resources that could help.
- How to donate plasma
- Who cannot donate plasma?
- How often can you donate plasma?
- How old do you have to be to donate plasma?
- How long does it take to donate plasma?
- Can you donate plasma after receiving a COVID vaccine?
- Plasma donation requirements
- Can diabetics donate plasma?
Problems With Trying to Get Paid for Plasma in NYC
New York Blood Center is pretty much the only company in NYC that accepts plasma donations.
- They are known for paying very little if anything at all.
- Their payouts are never published. You need to contact one of their clinics to see how much they are paying.
In many cases, donors will be paid more by going to Philadelphia, New Jersey, or Connecticut. One could also head upstate. Either way, trying to find the highest-paying clinic near you can be a major hassle. But DoNotPay can help. With just a few clicks you can research plasma donations around you. And it works when you’re traveling, too. Just let us know where to look, and we’ll do all the research for you.
DoNotPay Can Do More than Schedule Plasma Donations in NYC
DoNotPay can help you manage your money, your health, and your paperwork. Try some of our other services today.
- File a noise complaint with any hotel
- Dispute Parking Tickets
- Compensation For Robo Calls
- Tips on working with customer service
- Complete Debt Validation Letters
- Waive College Fees