Best Places For Plasma Donation In Oklahoma City
Plasma is a valuable part of the blood used to make life-saving and/or life-changing medicines. The Immune Deficiency Foundation reports it takes approximately 130 plasma donations to treat one patient with an immune deficiency. You could be helping save a life, plus earning an extra amount of cash on top of it by participating in plasma donation in Oklahoma City.
What Is Plasma?
It is essential to learn about plasma before participating in plasma donation in Oklahoma City. Blood has many different components, including:
- Red blood cells
- White blood cells
Plasma makes up over half of the whole of your blood. It's an important fluid with a light yellow color that helps carry your blood throughout your body. It carries nutrients, proteins, and hormones to the parts of the body that need them and helps eliminate waste from other cells.
What Are the Requirements to Donate Plasma in Oklahoma City?
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Be in generally good health
- Have a valid photo identification, verifying your name and Oklahoma City address
You may have to pass a pre-screening and physical exam at some donation locations.
Although the Red Cross allows you to donate plasma every 28 days - up to 13 times per year - most private clinics and institutions will allow you to donate up to once every 48 hours. Each clinic is different, so check with the ones you're interested in. You should also talk with your doctor before donating plasma, so they are informed of your decision and can give you any necessary warnings.
Plasma Donation Locations in Oklahoma City
There are several clinics available in Oklahoma City to donate plasma.
|Donation Center||Address||Phone Number|
|CSL Plasma||716 NW 23rd Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
|Central OKS Donor Center||901 N. Lincoln
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
|Edmond Donor Center||3409 S. Broadway, Suite 300,
Edmond, OK 73013
|Norman Donor Center||1004 24th Avenue NW, Suite 102
Norman, OK 73069
|North OKC Donor Center||5105 N. Portland
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
|TPR Oklahoma City||7103 South Western Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK, 73139
|Octapharma Plasma||2930 SW 59th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73119
|Biolife Plasma Services||4275 NW 63rd St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
How Much Can You Get Paid for Plasma in Oklahoma City?
The amount of money you can make in donating plasma will vary, depending on where you do it, how much you weigh (heavier people can safely donate more plasma and, thus, receive higher compensation), and how often you donate. In general, for an average, healthy person, you can earn anywhere from $30 to $80 for each donation, which equates to $80 an hour. First-time donors are often enticed with a financial incentive, usually in the form of a coupon. Check the websites of your donor center to find out if they have any such coupons. In some cases - such as those with highly-sought blood types or heavier weights, donors are considered special donors and can make more for their donations.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Donating Plasma
- Hydrate yourself well with water before donating
- Eat healthy within two hours of your donation
- Avoid high-fat and high-cholesterol foods
- Don't smoke or use tobacco an hour before your visit
- Don't have alcohol or caffeine before or on the day of your donation
- Avoid strenuous exercise an hour before your donation
- Get a good night's sleep the night before
What to Do After Donating Plasma
Since Oklahoma City is a busy hub, it might be a good idea to have someone go with you or arrange transportation so you can avoid driving in heavy traffic. After donating your plasma:
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated
- Eat a healthy meal
- Don't use tobacco products for at least two hours
- Avoid heavy lifting or vigorous exercise
What Are the Side Effects of Donating Plasma?
Generally speaking, donating plasma is relatively safe. While there are some expected side effects, there are a few more complicated ones, but these are very rare. The most common side effects are:
- Bruising or discomfort
While very rare, in some cases, the anticoagulant Citrate might enter into your bloodstream, causing a severe reaction. Symptoms of citrate reaction include:
- Numbness or tingling, especially in the lips, fingers, and toes
- Vibrations throughout the body
- A metallic taste in the mouth
- Muscle twitches
- Rapid or slow pulse
- Shortness of breath
If you experience these symptoms after donating plasma, be sure to contact your doctor as unattended, they can lead to far more severe problems, including heart attack.
Where Should I Donate Plasma in Oklahoma City?
As mentioned, there are several donor centers located in the city. A quick Google search can give you star ratings for each clinic before you decide where to go. Call each one and ask questions to determine which one is the best fit for you and your location. If you've had the COVID-19 vaccination - whether just one or are fully vaccinated - you can still donate plasma. You can also donate if you've fully recovered from COVID-19 and clinics are actively seeking COVID-19 recoveries.
How to Donate Plasma in Oklahoma City
Donating plasma in OKC is pretty straightforward. Contact your clinic of choice during their operating hours.
- Make an appointment.
- Go to the appointment with all the required materials.
- Donate plasma.
- Collect payment.
How Using DoNotPay Helps With Donating Plasma in Oklahoma City
It can be tedious and challenging to find the right donor clinic for you, in Oklahoma City. Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
Ready to start helping save lives while earning a little extra cash? Sign up with DoNotPay today and see how much you can get done!