How To Claim Your PG&E Thermostat Rebates
Thermostats are one of the great modern inventions for our homes, keeping things as hot or as cool as needed throughout the seasons. Unfortunately, a thermostat can cost a pretty penny to keep up with, and that's without thinking about the toll they take on the environment when in constant use. That's why eco-friendly thermostats have become more popular over the years since they can solve both problems at the same time. If you're hoping to upgrade your home to make it more livable while helping the environment, you can use a to save money while you do, all with DoNotPay's help.
What Is a PG&E Thermostat Rebate?
If you're unsure of what a is, think of it as a way to get cashback on the things you buy. When you use a rebate with PG&E, you can lower the price on a smart thermostat or similar product. In some cases, the price may even go into the negative, meaning you'll be given money just for upgrading your home. Pretty great deal, right?
At present, PG&E is offering its customers a $120 rebate for purchasing a smart thermostat product. If you complete the rebate process, that's exactly how much you'll get, in addition to whatever other savings come naturally with the efficiency gained by using it.
Who Is Eligible for a PG&E Rebate?
To take advantage of a PG&E thermostat rebate, you must meet a few eligibility requirements. For their smart thermostat rebates specifically, these are:
- You must have an electric or gas account with the company.
- Your home needs an HVAC system to use with the thermostat.
- You must have purchased your thermostat within 60 days of attempting to claim your rebate.
How to Submit PG&E Rebates
In some cases, your PG&E thermostat rebate will apply itself the moment you buy a qualifying product. However, this isn't always the case, and you may need to apply for the rebate manually after purchase. While this is doable, it can be a bit of a hassle, meaning you might want to use DoNotPay to skip that and get right to receiving your money. If you want to try on your own, though, here's what you can do:
- Head to the PG&E rebate page for their smart thermostats and scroll down until you find the application link.
- Begin your application, providing information related to the thermostat you bought, where you bought it, and various other pieces of information they want from you.
- Submit your application and wait to receive your rebate in the mail.
Remember that only one rebate can be submitted per household (though why you would be buying multiple thermostats for the same house is anyone's guess).
Get a PG&E Thermostat Rebate With DoNotPay
If you're getting frustrated with the process to get a PG&E thermostat rebate on your own, you can let DoNotPay help you out. Just follow these three easy steps to start the ball rolling:
- Search rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebates offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
And that's it! DoNotPay will file your rebate claim on your behalf by mail or online depending on the rebate campaign. You should receive your rebate by check within 30 days!
DoNotPay Can Get You Rebates From All Kinds of Companies
Here are a few avenues where you can start looking for rebates:
|Newspapers and magazines||Inserts for Sunday coupons|
|Stores||Showcases and ads|
|Websites||Manufacturers and product packaging sites|
But you don’t need to go through this time-consuming process. If you thought DoNotPay was only good for getting you a PG&E thermostat rebate, think again. DoNotPay can save you money by finding qualifying rebates at all sorts of companies. Do you like shopping at hardware stores like Home Depot and Menards? We'll get you some rebates on tons of items. What about new tires at Michelin or Goodyear? We can find you some rebates to keep you cruising in style. If you need a new phone or plan, we could track down a Verizon rebate for you. Even department stores like Macy's will sometimes offer rebates on their products. We also help you take advantage of energy programs like Mass Save, too. We'll even help you with something less specific, like buying a new car from a dealership.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is good for more than just getting you rebates on what you buy, and we make sure you don't have to pay full price for a lot of things. Here are some of our other services you might find useful:
- Booking DMV appointments.
- Lowering your property taxes.
- Helping with bill paying.
- Signing up for free trials.
- Locating missing money.
No matter what problem you might be having, DoNotPay is here to offer a solution. Try the app today to see what you could be simplifying while using our service!