How to Claim PG&E Rebates the Easy Way
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) allows its customers to get rebates on qualified energy-efficient products from the company. So when you purchase and install products from PG&E for your home improvement efforts, you save on money and energy while still being friendly to the environment.
Rebates are available on different qualifying products for every rebate program. Depending on the size and function of the product, you can earn between $50 and $1,000 as a rebate per household. In addition, PG&E has made the application process easy enough for consumers to participate and get rebates on purchases all year round.
While the application process might be straightforward, it may not be too exciting for some people, so they end up not claiming their rebates. With DoNotPay's Claim My Rebates product, you can easily apply for without having to do it yourself.
What Are PGE Rebates?
The program offers rebates on appliances and other energy-saving products to all customers, as long as the products are in the qualifying products catalog. The program also targets multifamily residential property owners and managers upgrading their residential properties and installing energy-efficient products for their tenants.
Some of the available rebates for 2022 include:
|Rebate Code||Description||Rebate amount|
|TOU96||ENERGY STAR Smart Thermostat with time-of-use for homes with furnace HVAC systems||$120 per household|
|HV396||ENERGY STAR Smart Thermostat for homes with furnace HVAC systems||$50 per household|
|BW114||ENERGY STAR Electric HeatPump Storage Water Heater; replaces a 35 to 45-gallon water heater||$300 per unit|
|BW115||ENERGY STAR Electric Heat Pump Storage Water Heater; replaces a 46 to 55-gallon water heater||$300 per unit|
|GEN20||Backup Power Generator||(Level Rebates: based on retail price points)
|GEN21||Portable Battery||(Level Rebates: based on retail price points)
Who Is Eligible for the PGE Rebate Program?
Anyone can apply for PG&E Rebates if they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- The installation address for the energy-efficient products must have a commercial gas or electric account with PG&E.
- The product must be in the qualifying products catalog
- Only properties with two or more units qualify for residential rebates
- Some products like thermostats require that you sign up for the Time-of-Use plan
How to Claim PGE Rebates by Yourself
PG&E rebate applications are submitted online in a quick and easy process. You can easily do it yourself. Here are the steps.
- Check out the terms and conditions that apply to rebates on energy-efficient products and Generator and Battery programs. From there, you'll know if you are eligible for the program or not.
- Search the marketplace for eligible products or find them on their catalogs.
- Purchase and install these products in your home within the eligible period.
- Go to the Rebate Application page and start the application.
- You'll need to submit the product's code on the catalog, make and model of the product, proof of purchase, and the Service Agreement ID (SAID).
- Follow through with the application and submit it once completed.
Once approved, rebate checks are mailed within six to eight weeks. It's essential to apply for rebates as soon as possible because they are processed on a first-come, first-served basis until the money runs out.
How to Claim PGE Rebates With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay makes it easy to apply for PGE Rebates, especially if you have purchased and installed many qualifying products. It would be tiresome for you to submit different applications for every product.
With DoNotPay's Claim My Rebates product, you'll only need to provide the required information, and DoNotPay will apply for your rebates as soon as possible. It will give you a chance to be considered among the early applicants.
Here is how it works.
- Search rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebates offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
And that's it! DoNotPay will file your rebate claim on your behalf by mail or online, depending on the rebate campaign. You should receive your rebate by check within 30 days.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Have you made purchases from different brands and are not sure whether they offer rebates or not? Or worse still, you don't know how to go about the application process to get the rebate rewards? DoNotPay can help you!
DoNotPay works across different companies and can help you claim rebates from all your favorite brands, even when claiming rebates for multiple products. Some of these brands include:
- Menards Rebate
- Home Depot Rebate
- Goodyear Tire Rebate
- Michelin Tire Rebate
- Mass Save Rebates
- New Car Rebates
- Verizon Rebate Center
- Macy’s Rebates
Also, you can learn what a rebate is and everything else about rebates. Check out DoNotPay's Claim My Rebate product page for more information!