How to Find the Best Online High School for Students with Learning Disabilities
Your children's future success depends greatly upon the education they receive. The local schools aren't always a good fit, especially for students with special needs or learning disabilities. If your high school student is struggling with academics due to a learning disability, choosing the right school can make all the difference in the world. One of the choices you may not have considered is an online high school for special needs students.
It's important to take the time to research potential online high schools to ensure you find one that suits your child. While you can do the research on your own, choosing a good online school for a high schooler with learning disabilities can be tough. DoNotPay can help you research online schools for learning disabilities so you can make this important decision without worry.
What Is a School for Learning Disabilities?
Public school systems often do not have the resources for educators to help children with learning disabilities thrive. Many parents choose to move their children out of public schools and into private schools that specialize in helping children with learning disabilities.
Smaller class sizes, specialized curriculums, and student-paced online education is ideal for kids with:
- Language Processing Disorder
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Visual Motor Deficit
- Non-Verbal Learning Disabilities
What to Look for in Online High Schools for Disabled Students
If your special-needs high school student struggles with traditional, in-person classes, perhaps an online high school for disabled students would be a better fit. You want to make sure that the school you choose is right for your child, but how can you tell?
Consider the following questions:
- Is the school accredited?
- How experienced are the instructors?
- How fast-paced is the program?
- What are the technological requirements?
- Does the school offer technical support?
- What's the cost of the program?
The Best Online High Schools for Special Needs in the U.S
It's not easy to choose a good school for your kids, and a high schooler with learning disabilities is even tougher to place than an average child. While your local public and private schools are certainly an option to consider, you may also want to look into online high schools for your special needs child.
Some of the top online high schools include:
|School||Location||Cost||Student to Teacher Ratio|
|Acellus Academy||Missouri||$2,400/year for 1-6 courses||1:1|
|eAchieve||Wisconsin||Free for Wisconsin students under 21||1:1|
|Forest Trail Academy||Florida||$3,200/year for grades 9-12||1:1|
|Mountain Heights Academy||Utah||Free for K-12 students||1:1|
|Connections Academy||Any state||Free for K-12 students||1:1|
What Is the Best Type of School for a High Schooler With Learning Disabilities?
The best school for your high school student with learning disabilities depends solely on your child. For some high schoolers, the chaos, noise, and fast paced environment of in-person learning in a public school is just too much. Perhaps your child would be more successful in a smaller private high school. Increasingly, however, online high schools are the school of choice for parents and students with learning disabilities.
How to Find the Best Online High School for Special Needs Kids
Choosing the right school for your high school student is a tough task. You want to make sure that you make the right choice because your child's future depends on it. A few things that you can do to narrow down your school choices include:
- Asking friends and family for recommendations.
- Searching for online high school reviews.
- Reviewing the school's online curriculum.
- Consider the cost for online high school classes.
- Make sure the online high school has proper accreditations.
Next Steps if You're Having a Hard Time Choosing an Online High School for Kids with Learning Disabilities
Researching online high schools for special needs kids isn't as easy as it sounds. In fact, doing research to find a good school is a time-consuming, tedious task. Still, it's incredibly important and you know that if you don't do it, your child will suffer.
Instead of stressing out and struggling, leave the hard work of researching and ranking online high schools for your special needs child to DoNotPay.
Find the Perfect Online High School for Your Disabled Student with DoNotPay
As a parent, your number one priority is your child's well-being. You do everything you can to provide them with a happy, healthy home and a good education. If your child has learning disabilities, you need to pay special attention to the schools that they attend.
If you want to find the best schools in your area but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Go to the Best Schools Search product on DoNotPay.
- Let us guide you through the different priorities you can filter by, including whether you're looking for a private school vs. public school, your ideal student to teacher ratio, and what grade level you are looking for.
- Tell us how you want us to rank the results (by what's most important to you!) Some examples include, best schools overall, most diverse, best teachers, etc.
- Enter the search area you want to search in for. The wider the area, the more schools we can match you with.
Why Use DoNotPay to Find a Good School
The fact of the matter is that you want the very best for your child. You know that their learning disabilities can become serious challenges and you want to help them overcome this obstacle.
With DoNotPay, finding the right school is:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours combing through endless lists of online high schools trying to find one that suits your child.
- Easy—You don't have to keep track of all your research or compile it. DoNotPay does everything for you.
- Successful—Use DoNotPay to research online high schools and get your child the education they deserve.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for My Family?
Helping you find a good online high school is only the beginning of what DoNotPay can do for your family. In fact, the world's first robot lawyer is capable of handling a huge range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Prepare a Child Travel Consent Letter
- Create a Homeschool Letter of Intent
- Sue Anyone in Small Claims Court
- Send an Online Fax
- And much, much more
Visit DoNotPay today to learn more about all the ways it can help you with everything from daily tasks to complicated on-time events.