How to Get a Birth Certificate in Olmsted County Online and Hassle-Free
At some point in your life, you'll encounter a government or corporate office requesting you to provide your to receive a service or product. Such instances include applying for a driving license, passport, marriage certificate, or ordering your child's birth certificate, to mention a few.
If such urgent instances find you without your birth certificate, you'll need to submit an application at your respective government offices and maybe expedite the request at an extra cost. Ultimately, the process is time-consuming and tedious, especially when it comes to finding a lawyer for notarization or mailing checks and forms which can take days.
Luckily, DoNotPay has a fast and automated online process for acquiring a birth certificate in Olmsted County so that you don't encounter frustrations along the way.
What Is the Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy?
An authorized is a sealed and stamped document that legally identifies the person whose name is on the certificate. As such, you can present an authorized Olmsted birth certificate when applying for your:
- Driver's license
- Adoption documentation
- Marriage applications
- Any other legal applications
However, an informational birth certificate cannot be used to establish identity. Another key difference is that authorized copies may require notarizations while informational birth certificates may not.
Who Can Request a Birth Certificate in Olmsted County, Minnesota?
Olmsted County can give a birth certificate to legal citizens who have a relationship with the birth certificate owner or to professionals who need the birth certificate for health or legal reasons such as adoption. You can view the full list on the Minnesota birth certificate application form.
How Much Do Birth Certificates Cost in Olmsted County?
The cost of one birth certificate copy in Olmsted County is $26. And if you want additional copies, it'll cost you $19 for each extra copy.
Olmsted County accepts payment for birth certificates in either:
- Credit card (earns you a 2.49% convenience fee)
- Personal or Cashier's check (payable to Olmsted County Vital Records)
- Money order
What Is the Processing Period for a Birth Certificate in Olmsted County?
You can get your when you apply in person. An online application, on the other hand, takes longer factoring in one week for processing after making a payment. Overall, it takes about 2 weeks to process and deliver a birth certificate by mail.
What Documents Do You Need to Get Your Birth Certificate in Olmsted County?
Olmsted County requires you to send the following documents when applying for a birth certificate:
- The completed birth certificate application form
- The completed persons who have tangible interest form
- Payment receipts
- Identification document(s)
How to Get an Olmsted County Birth Certificate by Yourself
The following are some ways you can obtain an Olmsted County birth certificate:
|By Mail||When obtaining a birth certificate online for yourself in Olmsted County, you need to follow these steps:
Olmsted County Vital Records
51 4th Street SE
Rochester, MN 55904-3709
|In-person||If you prefer to deliver the application yourself, take a trip to:
Olmsted County Government Center
Vital Records and Licensing
151 4th Street South East
Rochester, MN 55904
|By Fax||If you choose to fax the birth certificate application to Olmsted County offices, ensure that the application is notarized and the payment must be via credit card. Then fax the application to:
Olmsted County Vital Records
While all the above methods are viable, they come with some annoying bottlenecks. That includes mailing-in checks, filling out long government forms, getting notarizations, and withstanding long queues at the government offices.
Get Your Olmsted County Birth Certificate Instantly With the Help of DoNotPay
The process of acquiring your birth certificate can be frustrating and lengthy. But you don't have to endure the hurdles of finding lawyers or queuing to deliver your application. DoNotPay is here for you to make the process seamless and quick for new applications or replacing lost birth certificates.
Here's is how to order a using DoNotPay in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Aside from Olmsted County birth certificates, we can also assist you with the following inquiries:
- Birth Certificates
- Where to Get Birth Certificates
- Online Birth Certificates
- Applying for a Birth Certificate
- Birth Certificates for Newborn
- Replacing a Lost Birth Certificate
- Getting a Birth Certificate for Passport
- Getting Birth Certificate Fast
- Finding Birth Certificates
- Birth Certificate Processing Time
DoNotPay's online birth certificate application process is fast, easy, and successful. The seamless online process, virtual notary, and check mailing services will make sure you get your Olmsted County birth certificate at the perfect time without breaking a sweat.