Obtain A Copy Of Your Oklahoma Birth Certificate Without Stressing!
To receive certain services or documents, you need to verify your birthplace or that you are the parent of a minor, yet the birth certificate is lost or destroyed! The Oklahoma Department of Health issues birth certificate copies, but it takes time.
The Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy
Birth certificates for minors are granted even with new babies. Finding or replacing one in Oklahoma takes time. Know what kind of birth certificate you need before diving into the pile of paperwork.
- Authorized birth certificates: These are legal documents that carry the seal of the state's department of health. These are the only acceptable copies to prove the details of your birth.
- Informational birth certificates: Essentially, these are just copies. They contain the same information and maybe a copy of the original legal document. You cannot provide this as legal proof of your origins.
You need the correct document to obtain other documents such as your passport. Never, release the original document to any facility. They may copy it for their records, but do not allow them to keep the original copy unless you bought it specifically for them.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Oklahoma?
New parents have the right to obtain their newborn's birth certificate. Obtaining an adult's birth certificate requires a signed permission form presented by the adult or immediate family members (spouse, sibling, parents, or legal guardians).
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Oklahoma?
|In-Person||$15.00 per copy||No fee with cash or money order|
|Phone||$15.00 per copy||Additional service fee|
|Online||$15.00 per copy||Additional service fee|
All costs are valid for one year.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Oklahoma?
- Telephone-ordered items are processed within 1-2 business days and are sent through standard mail. Allow ten weeks for the issue of standard mail.
- Verify your order is complete before sending to minimize delays.
- In-person and will call requests are normally completed within one to two days.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Oklahoma?
You'll need a cash or money order, the main form of identification that matches the applicant's data, and a completed application to apply. If you require a copy for another adult, you will need the subject's signed permission form. You may acquire the application through your local health unit or by visiting their website.
How to obtain your Oklahoma birth certificate by yourself/on your own
Obtaining your Oklahoma birth certificate can take time to put the pieces together and place your request. You must either:
- Apply online through the Department of Health.
- Apply by sending documentation through the mail.
- Request the documentation in person.
- Request the birth certificate over the phone.
Next steps for obtaining your Oklahoma birth certificate if you can't do it yourself
Time is money, and there isn't enough of a benefit to taking off work to obtain your birth certificate in person. Mailing in the application takes too long, even ordering it online takes weeks to receive the document. To finish the procedure fast, use DoNotPay to simplify the process!
Solve your issue with obtaining your Oklahoma birth certificate instantly with the help of DoNotPay!
If you want to order a birth certificate copy in Oklahoma but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
1. Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
2. Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
3. Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
4. Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
5. Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
6. Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
7. Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
8. If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why should you use DoNotPay to obtain your Oklahoma birth certificate?
- Fast --Don't waste hours navigating government websites
- Easy --You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps other sites require to get a copy of your birth certificate
- Successful --You can rest assured knowing we'll take you through all the steps necessary in one easy place
Don't waste your time getting your birth certificate when there is an easier and faster way to request the document! Let DoNotPay handle it for you! The robot lawyer is fast, simple, and a huge success! Allow them to piece together a legal letter requesting the birth certificate with all the necessary documentation and send it within minutes. DoNotPay will even send the information with a check!