Everything You Need to Know to Claim Your NYS Electric Car Rebate
In New York State (NYS), you can purchase an electric car. Electric cars offer a wide range of benefits compared to conventional cars that need gasoline. New York state provides for electric car buyers.
Individuals who purchase or lease an electric car through a participating New York State new car dealer can benefit from their rebate program. You must take several steps to claim your NYS electric car rebate. However, you can get your rebate much faster if you use DoNotPay.
DoNotPay can also help you get rebates from the following companies:
How Does the NYS Electric Car Rebate Work?
If you purchase or lease an electric car through a participating New York State new car dealer, you can use their Drive Clean Rebate. The Drive Clean Rebate is a point-of-sale (at the dealership) launched by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
The Drive Clean Rebate provides up to $2000 off the price of an electric car at the time of purchase. Buyers can also get a federal tax credit for electric vehicles, which provides up to $7500 to purchase new electric cars.
The rebate amount you get depends on how much battery-only range the car has. For example:
||Get a $2000 rebate|
||Get a $1000 rebate|
||Get a $500 rebate|
|PLUS: Electric vehicles with the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $42,000 will receive a $500 rebate.|
The dealerships deduct the rebate amount from the final purchase price when buying or leasing the car. This means there's no follow-up paperwork for you. Instead, the dealerships take care of the paperwork when they apply for a rebate from NYSERDA.
Who is Eligible for an NYS Electric Car Rebate?
The Drive Clean Rebate is available to all New York State residents, businesses, and government entities who buy or lease eligible cars through participating new car dealerships.
How To Submit Your NYS Electric Car Rebate
There are three steps to claiming your NYS car rebate:
- Find the plug-in hybrid or battery-powered car you want.
- Go to the nearest participating dealer and pick the electric vehicle you like.
- After purchasing your electric vehicle, claim your rebate and get up to $2000 off your electric car purchase.
After purchasing your electric car, you'll need to fill out the rebate form and mail it back to the dealer from where you bought the vehicle.
Unfortunately, rebates often have tight deadlines for mailing in claim forms. The tight deadlines and physical mail-in requirements discourage people from requesting their money back. These tight deadlines are unfair.
Solve The NYS Electric Car Rebate with The Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay can make the process easier by enabling you to claim online and mail-in rebates with just a press of a button.
Through our new rebates solution, you can automatically claim rebates from a wide variety of products. Whether your purchase was online or in-person, all you need to do is tell us about the rebate details, and DoNotPay will file the rebate claim on your behalf.
Here's a list of rebates DoNotPay can help you with:
- Cars, tires, and vehicle accessories
- Energy provider rebates
- Electronic gadgets, including phones, laptops, and more.
- Household and kitchen appliances.
- Amazon purchases
- Food products.
Did you know that over $500 million in rebates go unclaimed every year? While rebates provide a great way to save money on purchases during special promotions, most people don't go through with the claims process because they forget or don't have time to mail in a rebate form.
DoNotPay makes the process easier for you by filling out the rebate claim form.
Here's How It Works:
- Search for rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebates offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
And that's it. DoNotPay will file your rebate claim on your behalf by mail or online, depending on the rebate campaign. You should receive your rebate check within 30 days.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping individuals claim their rebates is one of many things DoNotPay does.
DoNotPay can also help you with the following:
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Schedule appointments with the DMV
- Reducing property taxes
- Help with bills
- Get free trials without getting charged
- Find unclaimed money
- File a complaint against any company
- Discover and apply for scholarships
Contact us today for more information on how we can help you claim rebates or other services we provide.