Everything You Need to Know About the Nutro Dog Food Recall
When it comes to pets, you want to choose the best dog food on the market for him or her. But sometimes, even the best dog food brands can be unpredictable, especially if the manufacturing process involves a variety of ingredients sourced from different areas/suppliers. And that's why it's so important to discuss the as soon as possible.
Nutro is a reputable brand that has sold dog food for more than a century. The brand markets its all-natural ingredients, meaning the company doesn't use any GMO ingredients or artificial colors, flavors, or additives in its dog food. Yet that didn't stop the company from having to issue a Nutro dog food recall.
There have been multiple Nutro recalls over the years, with the most serious one occurring in 2007. Here's how to find out if there's an active recall for Nutro products and the best way to report issues and make claims.
Is There a Nutro Dog Food Recall?
We have experienced numerous over the years. Some were far more significant than others, with four notable pet food recall examples from 2007 to today.
|Date||Pet Food Recall Details|
|March 2007||Nutro products get recalled due to melamine contamination attributed to grain supplies from China.|
|March 2009||Voluntary recall of cat food due to inappropriate zinc and potassium levels in the product.|
|September 2009||Some Nutro dog treats are suspected of containing plastic which was alleged to come from a worker's "bump cap," causing a recall.|
|December 2015||Nutro recalls their Nutro Chewy Treats Apple sold by PetSmart due to mold contamination claims.|
As recently as 2019, the FDA also named Nutro dog food among other 16 pet food brands linked to heart disease in pets. According to the agency, this is still an ongoing investigation, and the regulator terms it as a "complex scientific issue that may involve multiple factors." These constant situations highlight the importance of staying up-to-date with any recalls by subscribing to DoNotPay 's Product Recall Monitor.
Should You Report Once You Find a Problem with Your Pet Food?
It's crucial to file a formal report as soon as you discover an issue with any pet food brand. This way, you can save many pets' lives. You have three options to report a pet food safety problem:
- Contact the company via mail, phone, or letter
- Complain through FDA,
- Automate the process with DoNotPay
How to Check for Recalls Using DoNotPay 's Product Recall Monitor
Don't waste your time trying to keep up to date on all the different dog food recalls that occur. DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Simply forward any receipts you have to email@example.com, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
Will You Immediately Get a Recall if You Report a Product?
No. Various factors come into play before any product manufacturer or distributor can issue a recall statement, including internal and independent investigations. Also, providing enough descriptive evidence can help you get a refund, repair, or replacement from the company. DoNotPay can help you efficiently achieve this.
Claim a Refund or Replacement of Your Recalled Pet Food Products Using DoNotPay
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the DoNotPay Recall Claims Product Works:
There are just five simple steps:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Why Use DoNotPay to Track Nutro Dog Food Recalls
There are three key reasons why DoNotPay is very useful when it comes to tracking product recalls and helping you to make a claim:
- Fast --Get instant recall alerts and support for making a claim
- Easy --You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms, argue with the manufacturer, or keep track of all your purchases
- Successful --You can rest assured knowing your voice is heard by the manufacturer
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You
We are a fast, efficient, and results-backed company that delivers what we claim. Apart from Nutro dog treats recall, we can help with:
- California recalls
- Philips CPAP recall
- Recall by vehicle identification number
- Neutrogena Sunscreen recall
- Peloton recall
- Metformin recall
- Hot pocket recall
- Sunscreen recall
- Tyson chicken recall
Browse our other services or get in touch with us if you're seeking help with any issue.