All You Need To Know About Free Dental Care In NH
In New Hampshire, many people struggle to see the dentist when they need to. But for qualifying residents of is available, if you know where to look. Unfortunately, public health dental care resources are underfunded and overwhelmed by people who need affordable dental care. The rules about who qualifies for care can be complex, and the lines are long.
Figuring out if you're eligible and hunting down a free dental clinic can be overwhelming - and that's before you even try to land an appointment. If you're looking for help to get you the care you deserve, DoNotPay has an easier way to navigate the system.
Where to Find Free Dental Care in NH
One of the top reasons people avoid the dentist is cost. If you don't have dental insurance through an employer, even routine, preventative care can add up. Fortunately, there are other options for people who are looking for an affordable dentist when they have no insurance.
There are multiple local clinics that offer free or reduced-cost dental care; the trick is finding the right one for you. Here are a few websites to help you in your search:
- Local Health Department centers. The Bureau of Primary Health Care has a website that lets you search for federally-funded community health centers in your community, some of which offer dental care.
- Individual Free or Low-Cost Clinics. The New Hampshire Dental Society maintains a website with a list of NH clinics that offer free or reduced-fee dental care. Each clinic has its guidelines for eligibility, so make sure you qualify before scheduling an appointment.
- Denture Care. The New Hampshire Dental Society also offers low-cost dentures for eligible residents through their Professional Denture Care Program. Although the program is currently on hiatus because of Covid, that may change in the future.
Federal Insurance Programs
There are three insurance programs provided by the federal government that may cover some or all dental care.
- There is Medicaid. This program is administered by the state and provides medical benefits to families and individuals who qualify financially. In NH, dental coverage provided by Medicaid is limited to children, although adults covered by the program may qualify for limited emergency dental services.
- There is Medicare.This program ensures people 65 and older and people with certain disabilities. Dental coverage on Medicare is very limited and does not include routine care.
- And there is the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). This program covers children under 20 years old who don't have health insurance. Dental care is covered under CHIP in NH.
New Hampshire Technical Institute offers a dental hygiene clinic that offers low-cost dental services that are performed by students under supervision. You can also search for dental schools near you that offer similar clinics.
New Hampshire Dental Centers Providing Care to Low-Income Residents
Some clinics that provide easily accessible free and include:
|Mid-State Health Center||100 Robie Rd, Bristol, NH 03222||603-536-4000||Assist patients who are uninsured or underinsured and wish to apply for a sliding fee scale at Mid-State.|
|Goodwin Community Dental Department||311 NH-108, Somersworth, NH 03878||603-749-2346||Accepts private insurance, Medicaid (both NH & ME) and a sliding scale fee is available to those without insurance.|
|Families First||100 Campus Dr, Portsmouth, NH 03801||603-422-8208||Accept most dental insurance plans and offer discounts (sliding fee) based on your income to make it affordable.|
|Greater Nashua Dental Connection||31 Cross St, Nashua, NH 03064||603-879-9314||Offer reduced fees to help make quality care more accessible to those who may not be able to afford dental care regularly.|
|Coos County Family Dental||73 Main St, Berlin, NH 03570||603-752-2424||Preventative and basic services are available to qualifying individuals on a sliding scale. The following discounts have been established for our dental program:
How to Get Free Dental Care in NH
The first step is to find clinics that offer the care you need. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to figure that out. All you can do is make a list of clinics that have the services you need, and see if you meet their eligibility requirements.
Once you have a list of potential clinics, contact each to see if they have available appointments. Because demand is so high, it may be hard to find open appointments, and you may have to be added to a waiting list. You probably want to double-check the price of the services you're trying to schedule, as policies can change.
Need a Hand? DoNotPay Can Help
If all of that sounds tedious and frustrating, there's an easier way. DoNotPay can take care of the footwork for you, finding the information you need to get the dental care you deserve. Whether you're looking for a or a low-income dentist, just follow these simple steps, and we'll take care of the rest:
- Search "dentist" on DoNotPay.
- Enter your current address, so we can find the clinic nearest to you.
- Select whether you would like to ask a question about your eligibility, receive a quote for a specific procedure, or set up an appointment.
That's all it takes to get DoNotPay to take over the frustrating parts of your search. We'll get back to you with the information you requested. It's quick and easy, and we're really good at what we do.
DoNotPay Works Across the US
You don't have to live in NH to take advantage of this service. DoNotPay can help you find a cheap dentist just about anywhere in the country. Just plug in your information and we'll find the best options available to help you take care of your teeth without breaking the bank.
But helping you find free dental care isn't all we can do for you, not by a long shot.
Problem-Solving Made Easy
DoNotPay focuses on creating solutions to the kinds of problems no one wants to deal with. For example, here's just a sample of the services we offer:
- Deal with casino taxes
- Help with paying your bills
- Request city repairs
- Find missing money
- Hunt down and apply scholarships
- File in small claims court
- Schedule convenient DMV appointments
- Reduce your property taxes
- Free trials without risk
- File customer service complaints
That's just the beginning, so take a look at all the ways we can make your life easier today!