How To Regain Access To Your Hacked Newegg Account
Newegg was in the news in 2018 after a data breach wherein customer credit card information was stolen. However, these large-scale breaches aren't the only danger you face with your online accounts. Smaller attacks may go unreported by the news and undetected by the company, so it's up to you to stay diligent about what's going on with .
If you notice suspicious activity, you may need to reset your password. In some cases, you could find yourself locked out of your account altogether. It's stressful and frightening as you consider what the hackers could be doing with your information, and you have to monitor your bank account and credit cards to ensure there are no unauthorized purchases. You may even prefer to cancel your credit card to ease your mind, though that can be an inconvenience as you wait for a new card.
The process of recovering a stolen account can be time-consuming as you wait for the company to offer a resolution. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you speed up the process by putting pressure on the company to get you .
Signs Your Account Has Been Hacked
With an eCommerce site like Newegg, there are a few indications your account has been hacked:
- Your password doesn't work
- You're unable to reset your password
- You get an email notification about a password change or an order you didn't place
What to Do If Your Newegg Account Has Been Hacked
The first step is to change your password, in hopes the hacker hasn't already done so. To change your Newegg password, follow these instructions:
- Login and go to Account Settings
- Edit the Password section
- Save your changes
If you can't log in, you can try to reset your password:
- Go to the Sign in Assistance page
- Enter the email address associated with your account
- A verification code, which expires in five minutes, will be sent to your email
- Use the code and follow the instructions to reset your password
Unfortunately, the hackers may have already reset your password and changed the email address associated with your account, so you may not be able to get back in that way. When you identify suspicious behavior in your account, you should contact Newegg to report it:
- Visit this page to report unauthorized purchases
- Enter the required information about the incident, including your Newegg account number, date and amount of the unauthorized transaction, and additional details about the incident
- Click "Submit"
Then you have to wait for Newegg to address your concerns. In the meantime, you should report the unauthorized transaction to your bank or credit card company, try to stop the payment, and cancel the card. It's a hassle, but there's a way to get some answers more quickly to reduce your stress and . DoNotPay can help.
Recover Your Hacked Newegg Account With the Help of DoNotPay
Thousands of accounts are hacked every day, and identity theft is a major concern, with the Federal Trade Commission receiving about 1.4 million reports of identity theft in 2020. Credit card fraud rose by more than 44 percent between 2019 and 2020. It's unsettling to think about, and frightening if it happens to you.
In those stressful times, the last thing you need is a company dragging their feet to give you the answers you deserve. If you want to recover your Newegg account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
DoNotPay's account recovery services work the same way for all types of online accounts:
Why Use DoNotPay to Recover Your Hacked Newegg Account?
DoNotPay can issue a demand letter to the company on your behalf. This puts legal pressure on the company to address your concerns and reply promptly to your complaints. If their representatives don't help you recover the account by the deadline, you may want to escalate the problem to small claims court—and DoNotPay can help with that, too.
In fact, DoNotPay can help with a wide range of legal and financial concerns, eliminating guesswork, saving time and money, and reducing stress.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
The robot lawyers at DoNotPay guide you through a variety of legal and financial obstacles to simplify processes that are often frustrating, confusing, and stressful. Take a closer look at everything we can do:
- Cancel services and subscriptions
- Get cash back for gift cards
- File a complaint against a company
- Appeal a banned account
- Reset your passwords
- Sue someone in small claims court
- Get copyright protection
- Register a trademark
- And more
Get started today, and get the help you need to take care of these challenges quickly and efficiently!