The Easiest Way to Get a New Brunswick Birth Certificate
Your birth certificate is an important legal document that establishes who you are and when and where you were born. A birth certificate is required for many important applications like a passport, the medical services plan, social insurance number, and school enrollment. If you live in New Brunswick, NJ, you can get a certified copy of your birth certificate online, by mail, or in person.
Read on to learn more about how DoNotPay can help you get your .
The Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy
An informational copy of a cannot legally establish its holder's identity, age, or citizenship. Therefore, it cannot be used for the legal purposes covered by official birth certificates. However, it can be used to carry out historical or genealogical research. Since they are not considered legal documents, informational copies of birth certificates are easier to obtain than authorized copies.
On the other hand, an authorized copy of a birth certificate is a legal document necessary for several circumstances requiring proof of identity or citizenship.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in New Brunswick?
You can if you are:
- An individual of legal age, the parents of, a brother or sister of legal age with proof of their relationship, such as a certified copy of a birth certificate showing parents' names.
- The spouse or partner of the person named on the birth certificate. You need to provide proof of civil union, domestic partnership, or marriage certificate.
- The child of legal age with proof of your relationship, such as a certified copy of a birth certificate showing the parents' names.
- The grandchild is of legal age with proof of the relationship, like certified copies of birth certificates showing parents and grandparents' names.
- The legal guardian or representative with proper court documents within two years.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Birth Certificate Copy in New Brunswick?
It costs $25 to get the first copy of a New Brunswick birth certificate and $5 for additional copies of the same record ordered on the same day. For in-person applications, acceptable methods of payment are cash, money order, certified check, or debit cards with an additional fee of $2.50.
For mail applications, acceptable payment methods are money orders or certified checks made out to the City of New Brunswick. Credit cards with an expiration date are acceptable with an additional fee of $7, which will be charged to your credit card. The City of New Brunswick does not accept credit cards for online orders.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in New Brunswick?
You need to provide a valid photo driver's license showing your current address and signature to obtain a New Brunswick birth certificate. If this isn't available, you need to provide two of the following documentation:
- County ID
- Proof of signature is required
- Copy of utility bill, bank statement
- A non-photo driver's license
- Vehicle registration and insurance card
How to Obtain a New Brunswick Birth Certificate by Yourself
There are three ways to obtain a certified copy of your New Brunswick birth certificate on your own:
- In-person by going to the New Brunswick Health Department in Civic Square
- By mail via New Brunswick Health Dept, PO Box 269, New Brunswick, NJ 08903-0269
Get a Copy of Your New Brunswick Birth Certificate Instantly With DoNotPay
If you want to get a birth certificate in New Brunswick but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Aside from New Brunswick birth certificates, we can also assist you with the following inquiries:
At DoNotPay, we understand that getting a copy of your New Brunswick birth certificate on your own can be challenging. That's why we make it super easy and fast with our birth certificate product. Let DoNotPay help you get your today!