How to Get a Credit Limit Increase on Your Matrix Visa Card
Getting a credit increase makes it possible to buy more items, but it can be a confusing process, especially on smaller providers like . If you have proper credit, you should be able to get a credit increase whether your credit card provider is Capital-one, Citi, or Credit-one.
Sadly, many credit card companies like American Express and Discover make you sit on the phone to get a credit card increase when you'd instead do it online. Bank credit cards like Chase, Bank of America, or Wells Fargo can be even worse.
DoNotPay can make getting your credit card quick and easy, even store credit cards like Apple. This guide will talk about how credit limit increases work, how you can apply for a credit limit increase yourself, and how DoNotPay can get you a credit limit increase with less hassle.
How Credit Limit Increases Work
A credit limit is the maximum amount you can charge on your credit card or the largest balance you can carry. First, you show the card issuer that you can handle a higher credit limit by paying your bills promptly and not going over the credit limit. At this point, they may decide to increase your credit limit.
Who Can Request a Higher Credit Limit?
There are a few general factors that make card issuers leader in raising your credit limit, including:
- If you've been approved for past credit limit increases and have handled it, you will likely get a future one.
- If you pay your bills on time and consistently stay under your credit limit
- If you have a higher income for your area
Some factors count against you, such as:
- Being late with your payments consistently
- Having declared bankruptcy
- Having a history of credit limit increase combined with delinquent payments
When Can I Request a Credit Limit Increase on My Matrix Visa Credit Card?
"You may request a six months after account opening by calling the number on the back of your card."
What Information Will Matrix Visa Ask For?
"You will be asked to confirm your income, and we may also need to verify your monthly housing payment. For your privacy and security, we'll also ask for your Zip Code, the last four digits of your credit card account number, and the last four digits of your Social Security number to verify your identity. For Joint Accounts, you will be asked to confirm income and monthly housing payment details for both account holders."
Things to Consider Before Requesting a Credit Limit Increase From Matrix Visa
There are a few things to consider before you ask for a credit limit increase:
|Timing||Be sure that your finances are stable before asking for a new credit card.|
|Hard Pull||Asking for a credit increase can cause a hard inquiry on your credit report, which can damage your credit.|
|Credit Card History||Ensure you are up to date on your current cards.|
However, we all need to splurge sometimes, and there are times you need a credit limit increase to get that item you just have to have.
How to Request a Credit Limit Increase From Matrix Visa on Your Own
You can write a letter requesting your credit limit to be raised at Matrix Card P.O. Box 3220 Buffalo, NY 14240-3220 or call 1-866-449-4514. There are problems with this, however.
You may not have time to wait for your phone call to go through. So you'll have to go through those phone trees until you talk to a person, and that can be frustrating.
Writing a letter to increase your credit limit can be tricky. It's hard to know how to word it correctly to get your credit increased.
Further, you may not want to give your personal information to someone on the phone, even if they work for a bank. And you have to go through the frustration of them trying to sell you extra services when you just want a credit limit increase. There must be an easier way.
Get a Credit Limit Increase From Matrix Visa With the Help of DoNotPay!
With DoNotPay, you don't have to talk to any salespeople. Instead, just enter some information, and we do the rest.
How to request higher credit limits using DoNotPay:
If you want to request higher credit limits but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in six easy steps:
- Go to the Credit Limit Increase product on DoNotPay.
- Select which type of card you own and your credit provider.
- Tell us more about your card, such as when you first created this card, your current credit limit, what you would like your new limit to be, your card number, and whether you've missed past payments.
- Tell us more about your current income and expenses and why you would like to request a limit increase.
- Indicate whether you want to allow hard inquiries to be made into your credit history. Upload a copy of your ID and provide your e-signature.
- Submit your task. DoNotPay will deliver the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the card provider with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button.
- DoNotPay can help with chargebacks with Chase the same way it can with Bank of America, PNC Bank, and Capital One.
- Or it can help you dispute and remove collections off of your credit report and boost your score.
- We can help you remove your private information from Facebook or Google.
- We can tell you how to get building permits in Chicago or Los Angeles.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- Write standard legal documents.
- Notarize any document
- Reduce your property taxes
- File insurance claims.
Why struggle to get a credit increase? Use DoNotPay today.