How To Report A Lost Dog In Denver
A pet is a part of your family, and when one goes missing, you'll do anything to find him. No matter where in Colorado you've had a— Denver or Boulder, and beyond — DoNotPay can help bring your furry friend home.
Millions of pets go missing each year and less than a third of them make it back home. We're here to help you as quickly as possible.
What to Do If Your Dog Goes Missing
, it's important to start looking for it immediately. According to the Denver Animal Shelter, it is very rare for a pet to wander back home. Oftentimes, someone finds a lost pet and takes it to the nearest shelter.
As soon as you notice your dog or cat is missing, begin calling local animal shelters. Some other ideas are listed below.
- Search the neighborhood and surrounding area.
- Print off flyers with a picture of your pet and post them all over town.
- Check social media apps like NextDoor and Facebook to see if anyone's seen your dog.
- Check out Denver Animal Shelter's Lost Pet Info Card for more resources.
Keep checking the Denver Animal Shelter's Lost Pets page on a daily basis. New photos are updated hourly, and you may just see your sweet pup's face.
How to Avoid Losing Your Pup
There are many things you can do to keep your pets safe at home. Some of these include:
- Microchipping your pet
- Keep your animal in your home or in an enclosed space (make sure your windows are closed as well.)
- Put a collar on your pet that has up-to-date contact information on the tag.
- Always use a leash when walking your dog.
- Make sure you've got current pictures of your pup, just in case.
- Make sure you obtain a dog license for your pet in Denver.
All of these strategies will ensure that your pet stays home, safe and cozy where he belongs.
Report Your Lost Dog to a Denver Animal Shelter
If your pet does escape and becomes lost, it's important to immediately your information to the Denver Animal Shelter. You can either do this by telephone or visit in person.
If your pet is lost, you can call the Denver Animal Shelter. It doesn't matter the time of day since an officer will answer your call.
Here are the steps to take:
- Contact the Denver Animal Shelter and give them your pet's description along with your contact information.
- Check the Lost Pet website often. Pictures are updated hourly, and if your pet has been rescued, you'll find them here.
- If you find your pet on the Lost Pet page, contact the shelter immediately so you can be reunited with your furry friend.
If the shelter is closed when your pet goes missing, you may need to leave a message with your contact info.
If your pet is missing and you're driving around town looking for him, you may want to stop by the Denver Animal Shelter. The shelter is open during normal business hours. You may find that your pet has already been dropped off by a kind stranger.
|Address||Denver Animal Shelter
1241 W. Bayaud Ave.
|Phone Number||720-913-1311 or 311|
|Officer Dispatch Number||720-913-2080|
DoNotPay Can Report Your Missing Dog in Denver For You
When a pet goes missing, all kinds of emotions take over. You may feel like taking action and searching the neighborhood, or you might think it's best to start calling neighbors and friends to see if they've seen your pet.
DoNotPay is happy to take some of the burdens off your shoulders by reporting your missing pet to the local animal shelter.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to report lost and found pets:
- Search "lost and found pets" on DoNotPay, and select whether you're reporting a lost pet or a pet you've found.
- Enter the date and location you lost or found the pet and tell us more about them, including the breed, gender, whether they are wearing a collar, approximate size, and more.
- Upload evidence a photo of the pet, so they can be identified, and enter your current contact information where you can be reached with updates.
And that's it! DoNotPay will file the report on your behalf, and make sure your lost or found pet gets recorded in the government directory and they know who to contact if they find a match!
DoNotPay Works Quickly to Report Your Lost Pet
When time is of the essence, DoNotPay will work quickly and efficiently to report your lost dog. Denver Animal Shelter is the first place we'll contact.
Use those vital hours to start a search party and let DoNotPay take care of the tedious work. We're here to help bring your pet home quickly and safely.
DoNotPay Can Help With All Kinds of Pet Issues
DoNotPay can report your lost cat or dog in Denver, but we can help with lost pets in any location. Additionally, we can help with all kinds of pet issues, so you can spend more time cuddling your pup.
Here are a few of the things DoNotPay can help with:
With help from DoNotPay, you can enjoy your pet while we handle all the details.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Although we like to help you care for your pets, DoNotPay can help with all kinds of problems. Check out some of the ways DoNotPay can make your life easier. We can:
DoNotPay knows how busy life gets. Let us take care of the tedious work so you can enjoy every moment.