How to Easily Obtain Your Los Angeles Birth Certificate
Having your Los Angeles birth certificate on hand can help make applying for things, such as driver licenses and passports, go much more smoothly. However, if your birth certificate gets lost or misplaced, it can seem a little confusing in trying to figure out how to request a copy.
When applying for a copy of your birth certificate in Los Angeles, California, it is important to note that the county offers a few ways in which to request it. Where do you get a copy of your birth certificate in Los Angeles, and what is the replacement processing time?
Read on to learn more about requesting a Los Angeles County birth certificate right away with this DoNotPay guide.
Who Can Get a Copy of a Los Angeles Birth Certificate?
As mentioned earlier, a birth certificate is important to have when applying for permits and more in Los Angeles County. The certificate needs to be an authorized certified copy in order to apply for these permits. This, in turn, means that there are only certain individuals who are allowed to request a copy, and they are as follows:
- The Person Registered
- The Parents Or Legal Guardian Of The Registered Person
- Law Enforcement Conducting Legal Business
- Adoption Agencies (when going through the process of adopting)
- Individuals Or Parties With Official Court Orders
- Attorneys (representing an individual, an individual's estate, and/or an agency)
Authorized certified birth certificates cost $32.00 per copy in Los Angeles. The county accepts cash, checks, credit cards, debit cards, and money orders. The way you are able to pay is also dependent upon the method you use to request your birth certificate.
How to Get a Los Angeles Birth Certificate on Your Own
In order to request an authorized copy of your birth certificate in Los Angeles County, you have three ways in which to do so. Here are the three options to request your LA birth certificate copy on your own:
To request your birth certificate online, follow these steps below:
- Go to Los Angeles' official government website.
- Locate the "Request a Birth Record" in the Services menu and click on the tab.
- From there, click the "Online Request" tab.
- You will then be taken to a page where you can request your birth certificate online. Click Los Angeles' VitalChek and fill out the necessary information. Once your information is filled in, it can tell you when you should expect to receive your records.
If you want to request your birth certificate by mail, you must print and fill out the Birth Record and Notarized Certificate of Identity forms located on Los Angeles County's official website. The Notarized Certificate of Identity must be notarized by a notary public. You have the option to send either a check or money order for a copy of the birth certificate fee with the forms.
You also have the option to visit the Los Angeles County Clerk's office.
They prefer that you make an appointment with them using their online form. You have the ability to schedule appointments up to two weeks ahead. It is advised that you save your confirmation number after reserving your appointment online. You must also bring with you a current photo ID, such as your driver's license.
When it comes to getting a copy of your birth certificate in Los Angeles, it can seem overwhelming how to request it. It can also be difficult to figure out where to send the necessary information in the right amount of time. What if there was a way in which you could be guided step-by-step through a simple process that helps you get your birth certificate in a fast, easy, and successful way? DoNotPay has the answer for you!
|Physical Address||Los Angeles Clerk Office
12400 Imperial Highway
Norwalk, CA, 90650
|Mailing Address||Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk
Births, Deaths, and Marriage Records Section
P.O. Box 489
Norwalk, CA 90651-0489
Get a Copy of Your Birth Certificate Easily with the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay offers the perfect solution for getting your Los Angeles birth certificate. When you use the Birth Certificates feature, DoNotPay will guide you through an easy and stress-free process of requesting a copy of your birth certificate!
If you want to get a birth certificate copy in Los Angeles County but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- * Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Once your request is sent out, you can relax knowing that you should receive your birth certificate within a few weeks.
DoNotPay Offers Assistance in Various Areas
DoNotPay provides the best offer in getting your Los Angeles birth certificate in a clear and simple way. DoNotPay even offers help in a variety of other areas, including newborn birth certificate assistance. To learn more, check out some of the following areas DoNotPay provides assistance in
- All About Marriage Certificates
- How To Get Priority In Calling Customer Service
- How To Get Free Hotel Upgrades
- Learn How To Get Assistance With Bills
- Easily Find Your Unclaimed Money
Start using DoNotPay today and see the difference it can make!