How to Remove Kay Jewelers Collection Agency From Your Credit Report
is a popular chain of fine jewelry stores. If you've purchased a special gift or a treat for yourself using Kay's store credit card, you might encounter Kay Jewelers' collection agency. Mistakes or missed payments can lead to negative marks on your credit report, which can hurt your credit score and impact your financial opportunities.
If your is causing you trouble with your credit report, DoNotPay can help. Here's what you should know about managing a negative mark on your credit history from your Kay Jeweler's store card.
What Is Kay Jewelers Collections?
offers customers a store credit card that's issued by Comenity Bank. If you have unpaid credit card bills, you're probably going to hear from Comenity Bank as they attempt to collect the debt. If you want to remove the negative mark on your credit report and stop collections calls, you can start by contacting the company directly.
Contact Kay Jewelers
|Genesis FS Card Services
PO Box 4477
Beaverton, OR 97076-4477
Contact Comenity Bank
|Mail:||PO Box 182273
Columbus, Ohio 43218
How to Remove Kay Jewelers Collections From Your Credit Report
There are several different ways you can remove an unpaid debt from your credit report, depending on whether the debt is legitimate and accurate or not.
If you have collections on your credit report for debts that you actually took out and did not pay off, you can:
Ask the Lender for a Goodwill Removal
If your Kay Jewelers credit card was sent to collections, and you have since paid off the debt, you can contact the company and ask for a goodwill removal. When you contact the company, emphasize that:
- The unpaid account is not an accurate representation of how you normally manage credit.
- You have since been more responsible with your borrowing.
Your creditor has no obligation to remove the report, but asking can only help you.
Ask the Lender to Remove the Unpaid Debt in Exchange for Partial Payment
If your Kay Jewelers card has recently gone to collections, you can negotiate with the company to remove the debt from your credit report if you pay some or all of what you owe. If your bill has already gone to collections, it's probably too much for you to reasonably pay. Creditors are often willing to settle for a partial payment rather than not getting any payment.
If the negative points on your credit report aren't accurate, you have two different options. For example, if your credit report shows a missed payment that was actually paid on time, or worse, if you never opened a Kay Jewelers credit card, you'll need to dispute the report. There are two ways to do this:
- Submit a Credit Dispute
To do this, you'll contact the credit bureaus to point out the error. Federal law requires credit bureaus to correct errors promptly.
- Send a Debt Validation Request
This is a letter you'll send to the creditor requesting that they confirm the details of your debt and send that information back to you.
While you can get collections removed from your credit report, this can often be time-consuming.
Easily Remove Negative Marks on Your Credit Report With DoNotPay
Whether they're accurate or not, negative marks on your credit history can have a serious impact on your life. Getting these removed from your credit report can be difficult and take up a lot of your valuable time. Fortunately, DoNotPay's fast, easy and successful Clean Credit Report product can help. DoNotPay can help you pursue whichever solution your situation requires.
How to Clean Up Your Credit Report Using DoNotPay
If you want to fix your credit report but don't know how to get started, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 simple steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help With?
DoNotPay can help with other credit-related issues, saving money, and dealing with bureaucracy. For example, DoNotPay lets you easily:
To easily remove your Kay Jewelers collections report from your credit history, contact DoNotPay now.