Is There A Recall On The Galaxy S7? Here's All You Need to Know
When the South Korean giant phone maker first launched them, the S7 series smartphones were a breeze. However, soon after discovering the Note 7 problem in September 2016, the S7 models were majorly affected. If you still own a Samsung S7 or S7 Edge, you may want to know whether .
Samsung has been having a recall program for their S7 and Note 7 product lines since September 2016. If you still have one of these, you may want to get a refund or replace it with another safe alternative. Luckily, you can complete this right here with DoNotPay.
The Consumer Products Safety Commission watchdog requires that any faulty products from manufacturers be recalled for replacements, repairs, or refunds.
- Pet food
- Medical devices
- Beauty products
- Other items
The good part is that DoNotPay can also show and help you move forward with any recall using our Recall Product.
How Do I Make a Claim for the Samsung Phone Recall?
If you bought a Samsung phone, you'll first need to check whether the phone is among the category eligible for the recall program. If you're not sure, you can use our Product Recall Monitor to ascertain whether your model qualifies for recall now, and if not, you can get a notification when it does in the future.
Generally, for Samsung phones, you have two options to choose from for recalls:
|Exchange||You return your device and get another device of your choice, but the replacement must be another Samsung smartphone. You'll get a refund of the price difference between the replacement and the recalled device.|
|Total refund||You get the full amount you spent on the Galaxy smartphone plus any associated accessories related to the model.|
To do that yourself, fill in the form on the Samsung website, but be sure you have the order number and the mail address you used to make the order. However, this procedure might be frustrating. Therefore, if you need a trusted third party to act on your behalf, you can use solutions like DoNotPay that are fast, convenient, and successful.
What Happened With the S7 Note Recall?
A few weeks after the most anticipated release of the Note 7, consumers started complaining about the overheating and even explosion of the Samsung device.
Early reports in late 2016 showed about 100 cases of overheating and exploding claims, which caused 2nd & 3rd-degree burns to users and property damage. A scenario where a device exploded while a user was aboard an airline even caused the FAA to issue a statement notifying airlines to ensure air travelers do not carry the affected devices.
Although the company was adamant at first, it finally recognized the problem, attributing it to the faulty batteries from two of its major suppliers. Afterward, it halted the production/distribution and started the recall program in September 2016, the original recalling a total of 2.5 million devices.
Additionally, the company maintained that the remained unaffected by the battery issue. Still, other reports indicated that some phones of this model also burst into flames, just like the Note 7. Other models were also affected; for example, a California resident claimed that his Galaxy A20e started to overheat and subsequently exploded, causing the consumers to question the safety of Samsung devices further.
How to Claim Samsung Refunds or Replacements for Recalled Products Using DoNotPay
All you have to do through our Product Recalls product is tell us about the Samsung product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf.
Whether you're or any other product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims Product Works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation on how the refund/replacement will be issued.
How to Check for Recalls Using DoNotPay 's Product Recall Monitor
If you don't have a specific recalled product in mind yet, DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Simply forward any receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
How the Product Recall Monitor Works
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to email@example.com (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
DoNotPay Can Also Help You With Other Product Recalls
We can help you claim your refunds, repairs, or replacement from essentially any company besides Samsung that has an ongoing recall program. Some examples include:
- Neutrogena Sunscreen Recall: A test indicating carcinogenic traces in Neutrogena products prompted the company to issue a voluntary recall.
- Recall by VIN: Use your vehicle identification number (VIN) to search for any vehicle recalls from any automobile manufacturer.
- Metformin: Due to higher than acceptable N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), Metformin products have an active recall program.
- Hot Pockets recalls over glass and plastic contamination claims.
- Peloton recalls which have caused safety concerns, especially among children.
For any other services you may need, including filing a complaint against a company or filing small claims suits, DoNotPay has your back. You can get in touch for any inquiry and can count on hearing from us within a day.