Keep Your Vehicle Road Safe - See If You're Affected by This Hyundai Tucson Engine Recall
As drivers, we understand that cars can be dangerous. That's why we regulate who can drive a car and what can be operated on the road without endangering the driver and passengers or the occupants of other vehicles. Unfortunately, even with regular inspections and safety protocols, some problems are not discovered until after the car has made it to market, resulting in a recall of the vehicle. See If You're Affected by This and DoNotPay can help you get it repaired.
Who the Hyundai Tucson Engine Recall Affects
The is limited to the 2017 model. It is estimated that over 80,000 vehicles are affected. Owners should be notified via mail starting November 12th, 2021. You can contact Hyundai's customer service directly at 855-371-9460 to learn more.
Why the Hyundai Tucson Engine Is Being Recalled
The vehicles are being recalled because the rod bearings in the engine of the 2017 Tucson engine may experience premature wear and tear. This may lead to the engine stalling, which could contribute to an accident. Kelley Blue Book says that in one of the worst-case scenarios, "a damaged connecting rod can puncture the engine block and cause the engine to leak oil onto hot components, leading to a fire".
Hyundai is aware of 45 fires that have resulted from this issue so far. No crashes have been linked to this recall to date. If you are driving an affected vehicle, you may notice some symptoms of the problem, including
- A burning smell, oil leaking, or smoke
- Check Engine light
- Low Oil Pressure light
- A knocking noise from the engine
- Reduced engine power or a delayed response
When you take your vehicle to the dealer, the engine will be inspected for damage. Your engine may need to be completely replaced. The dealer will also install a software update containing a new Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS). All recall repairs will be done for free.
Other Vehicles From This Company with Engine Recall
This type of recall involves multiple makes of the car because Hyundai and Kia belong to the same parent company. It is one of more than 30 recalls issued for Hyundai and Kia vehicles after the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opened an investigation into non-collision car fires at the request of the Center for Auto Safety. Most of the other recall deal with braking issues and fuel leaks, but this is not the first engine recall for fire risk. Hyundai began contacting owners for a previous recall earlier in 2021.
Over 200,000 Hyundai vehicles have been recalled for engine repairs due to fire risk. Recall numbers have not been provided for all issues. The affected models are:
2016 (Recall number 198)
2017 (Recall number 209)
|2012 (Recall number 198)
|2015 and 2016 (Recall number 198)
|2019 - 2021
Kia: Recall Numbers SC209 and SC218
Over 150,000 Kia vehicles have been recalled for engine repairs. Models with potential damage are
- Optima Hybrid: 2017 and 2018
- Optima Plug-In Hybrid: 2017 and 2018
- Soul: 2020 and 2021
- Seltos: 2021
How to Check for Recalls Using DoNotpay 's Product Recall Monitor:
If you don't have a specific recalled product in mind yet, DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Simply forward any receipts you have to email@example.com, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items. This is by far the fastest and easiest way to keep your family safe from any type of recall. Just send us your receipts and we'll let you know if something has been recalled so you can take the appropriate safety steps.
If you get a ping on a non-food recall, there might be a refund, repair, or a replacement we can help you claim as well.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
How to check for safety recalls on your vehicle using DoNotPay 's Car Recall Monitor:
If you own a vehicle, whether it's used or new, it's crucial to check for recalls. Driving a recalled vehicle can lead to accidents and fatalities. Through our car recall
How the Car Recall Monitor Works:
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year.
- We'll automatically check against the NHTSA database to see if your vehicle has been involved in any recalls.
- We'll generate a report, summarizing all of the recalls, including the recalled date, NHTSA campaign number, required remediations, and more.
How to claim refunds, repairs, or replacements for recalled products using DoNotPay:
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Let DoNotPay Schedule Your Recall Repair!
If your because of its engine, you're entitled to a free repair! Regardless of whether it's a used or new car, you can use the DoNotPay Car Recall Repair product to schedule an appointment at your local car dealership and get your vehicle repaired.
How the Car Recall Repair product works:
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year.
- Tell us about the recall and which part of the vehicle is impacted.
- Enter the car dealership you want to visit or let us contact the closest one near you.
- Enter the ideal date(s) and time(s) you want to schedule your appointment for.
- Enter your Vehicle Identification Number.
And that's it! DoNotPay will contact your local dealership to request an appointment and ask for your vehicle to be repaired for free.
Why Use DoNotPay for Hyundai Tucson Engine Recalls?
There are a ton of reasons you should be using DoNotPay to handle your recalls. We've already outlined a number of them here, but if you want a quick summary of what makes us the best:
- Fast: DoNotPay will quickly scan for recalls and help you make claims as needed.
- Easy: We take care of all the hard parts for you. All you need to do is send your receipts through email, and DoNotPay will take care of searching for recalls.
- Successful: With DoNotPay, you can rest easy knowing that we are working to make the best case for you to get the best results.
Check Your Home for Other Recalls with DoNotPay
If you know of other products with recalls in your home, DoNotPay may be able to help you handle those claims as well. We can save you time with recalls on your food and merchandise by searching your surrounding area for issued recalls or by product name, including
- Metformin Recall
- Neutrogena Sunscreen Recall
- Recalls by VIN
- Tyson Chicken Recall
- Peloton Recall
- Hot Pocket Recall
- Philips CPAP Recall
- California Recalls
- Dog Food Recall
- Sunscreen Recall
Once we have located the recall with our Product or Car Recall Monitors, you can enter the information in the Product Recall or Car Recall Claims to get compensation or schedule repair work.
Save More of Your Time with DoNotPay
It's always easier to let your fingers do the walking, but you can do even better by making DoNotPay do the work for you. Our services aren't limited to making appointments (though we can take some of those off your hands). We can help with these tasks and more:
- Scheduling appointments with the DMV
- Creating a Power of Attorney
- Getting directly to an agent in customer service
- Getting templates for standardized legal documents
- Filing warranty claims
Whether you need help with a recall claim or with any of the other things we do, get in touch today to start using our app. Try DoNotPay today and see how much simpler your life could be!