Upgrade Your Stay With Hyatt Hotel Rewards
More and more people are venturing out and traveling, and many choose to stay at the Hyatt Hotel. What they may not know, however, is that there are numerous upgrades available to them through the Hyatt Hotel Rewards.
How do you learn about these juicy rewards secrets? Do you need to win them on a game show, make friends with a hotel owner, or do something really embarrassing?
The answer is no to all these questions. All you really need to do is ask. Or if that sounds a little too intimidating, let DoNotPay find free upgrades for you.
When you're booking a room for the night, it's important to know if the hotel you're staying at is a part of the Hyatt brand. While it may seem like the name would give it away, that's not always the case with big hotel chains like Hyatt.
Here are some of the brands under the Hyatt umbrella.
- Andaz - 22 properties
- Alila - 16 properties
- Park Hyatt - 44 properties
- Grand Hyatt - 57 properties
- Miraval - 4 properties
- The Unbound Collection by Hyatt - 19 properties
- Destination Hotels - 57 properties
- Joie de Vivre Hotels and Resorts - 14 properties
- Hyatt Regency - 210 properties
- Thompson Hotels - 10 properties
- Hyatt Centric - 37 properties
- Hyatt Place - 370 properties
- Hyatt House - 106 properties
- Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva - 8 properties
- Caption by Hyatt - no properties yet
Types of Upgrades You Can Get at Hyatt
Upgrades can take your stay from pleasurable to the best vacation you've ever been to. However, it can be difficult to know what to ask for if you aren't sure what the Hyatt Hotel you'll be staying at offers.
The main type of upgrade you can get at the Hyatt is a room upgrade. For example, you can go from a standard room to a suite. There are also more expensive rooms you can upgrade to by using your Hyatt Hotel rewards points.
There's more than just better rooms. You can use your Hyatt points to:
- Have a spa day
- Go paragliding or try sushi rolling
- Go on a Lindblad Expedition to places like Antarctica, Egypt, and the Galapagos
- Get help set up meetings and events
- Earn airline miles
- Get an Avis car rental
What Are Hyatt Points?
In order to get free upgrades, you'll need Hyatt Points. But what exactly is that?
Hyatt Points are essentially like airline miles or credit card points. The more you spend, the more you get. Hyatt points are used to upgrade your vacation plans.
To get started, you sign up for a World of Hyatt account. The application process is fairly straightforward and will ask for your name, email address, the country where you reside, the state/province, and of course a secure password. It's free, and you can begin earning points right away.
The Likelihood of Getting an Upgrade After You've Already Checked In
This largely depends on how many points you have and what's available. If all the rooms you could upgrade to are already sold out, then you'll probably have to settle for your original room. On the other hand, if you have the points and the upgrade is available, it's a fairly straightforward process.
Since Hyatt is pushing its points system, you 're probably not going to get an upgrade if you don't have an account, so it's important to sign up and start earning points before you check-in.
How Can You Earn Hyatt Points So You Can Get an Upgrade?
If getting free nights and awesome vacations sounds great, you're probably wondering how exactly you can begin earning points. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Sign up for a World of Hyatt account.
- Sign up for a World of Hyatt Credit Card or a World of Hyatt Business Credit card. Spending more means you earn more points, and you get a free night on your cardmember anniversary every year.
- Stay at Hyatt properties.
- If you're staying at a Small Luxury Hotels of the World, you can earn points by booking through Hyatt.
- Earn points using cards like American Express.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get an Upgrade
Earning the points may sound simple enough, and in reality, it is. The problem is that you don't earn as many points as you think you might, especially if you aren't a world traveler who doesn't stay at a Hyatt several times a year.
Then there are other people who don't want to open yet another account they'll never keep up with, much less remember another password. And many others avoid credit cards like the plague due to high-interest rates and dealing with creditors.
If any of this sounds familiar, you may be wondering how you can get an upgrade without dealing with the task of earning tons of points. That's where DoNotPay comes in.
How to get an upgrade at the Hyatt using DoNotPay:
If you want to get an upgrade at the Hyatt but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Enter the name of the hotel you're staying at, including the location.
- Tell us the dates of your stay, who you're staying with, whether it's your first time, and whether you're a loyalty rewards member at the hotel.
- Tell us if it's a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc.) and any specific upgrades you want to request.
- Tell us your current room and confirmation number.
Why Use DoNotPay
You can work hard to earn points. DoNotPay can make the process easier because we're:
|Fast||Signing up with DoNotPay doesn't take long. After that, we look for the upgrades, so you don't have to.|
|Easy||Earning points isn't always that simple, especially if you're on a budget and don't travel that much. DoNotPay takes the stress out of it by getting you upgrades without the stress.|
|Successful||You get your upgrade, and we get the pleasure of knowing we helped.|
DoNotPay Can Help You Get an Upgrade at Other Hotel Chains
The Hyatt is great, but there are other hotel chains out there that you may want to stay at. If this is the case, DoNotPay can get you upgrades at:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay isn 't some all-powerful tool that can teach you how to yodle. However, what we can do is:
- Teach you about tourist visas
- Explain Notaries
- Help you find lost items like phones and wallets
- File a complaint