How to Get the Best Room Using Your Fairmont Hotel Rewards
Planning a vacation is an exciting experience. As you plan your getaway, you are probably dreaming of all the sites and experiences you will indulge in away from home. Unfortunately, planning a vacation is often time-consuming and confusing, even when utilizing reward programs like Fairmont Hotel Rewards.
To ensure you are getting the best flights, experience, and hotel deals is a lot of work. Booking through the right sites at the right time is critical in getting the most for your money.
Many travelers do not even know that there are a lot of secrets to getting free upgrades, especially at hotels. To further complicate the matter, the process for asking for an upgrade will differ depending on which hotel you stay at. For example, a Hilton might have a different procedure than a Choice hotel. If you are specifically hoping to get the best room at a Fairmont hotel, ensuring all the proper steps are taken is critical.
Types of Hotel Upgrades
There are a lot of reasons to desire an upgrade. Perhaps you have a special event you are celebrating, or maybe you enjoy luxury. Different hotels offer different upgrade types and levels.
|Preferred Views||Depending on your destination, you might want a city view or a view of the ocean.|
|Floor Preference||Higher floors with better views at some hotels are considered an upgrade.|
|Concierge Floor||Many business hotels boast floors with bonuses such as snacks and drinks offered throughout your stay.|
|Suites||The upgrade that comes to mind most often is a suite. Suites come in a wide variety of sizes ranging from junior suites to presidential suites.|
How and When to Ask for an Upgrade
The general population might be shocked at how often travelers are offered hotel upgrades. Often, rooms at higher price points are left vacant, and hotel personnel has it in their discretion to provide upgrades to guests when rooms are unoccupied. The key is to know how and when to ask for an upgrade.
When Should You Ask for an Upgrade?
Timing is critical when asking for a hotel upgrade, and requesting too soon or too late could cost you your desired results.
- If you ask too far in advance, the hotel manager might not be able to determine room inventory and availability accurately.
- After you check in, you are less likely to receive an upgrade. After check-in, the housekeeping staff would have to clean the original room regardless of how much time you spent there.
How Should You Ask for an Upgrade?
Just as critical as when you ask for an upgrade is how you execute the request. Different factors play into your request:
- Hotel Loyalty Status: Loyal members of hotel chains are granted upgrades more frequently. In fact, many hotels will upgrade their top tiers without the guest asking. This includes big names from Hilton to Wyndham Hotel Rewards.
- Credit Card Upgrades: Certain credit cards, like American Express, have loyalty perks, including hotel upgrades.
- The Location: Not all cities are the same when it comes to upgrades. In particular, Las Vegas has secret tips and tricks for scoring the ultimate upgrade.
- Hotel Room Upgrade Letter: Resorts and hotels often have hotel room upgrade letter templates to fill out to ensure you get the best room possible. This is particularly useful if you are traveling for a big event like a honeymoon or anniversary.
How to Ask for a Fairmont Upgrade on Your Own
Understanding that the process for asking for an upgrade depends on a wide range of factors can seem incredibly frustrating. That is why DoNotPay decided to create a way for hotel guests to quickly and accurately navigate upgrades. However, if you choose to try on your own, there are steps you can take.
- Compose a hotel upgrade letter. Include pertinent details, including name, confirmation number, and dates booked.
- Find the contact information for the general manager of the property you are staying at.
- Send him the email. Add in any details about why this upgrade will personally add to your occasion.
- Follow up with the manager via phone or email.
How to get an upgrade at Fairmont using DoNotPay:
If you want to get an upgrade at a Fairmont hotel but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Enter the name of the hotel you're staying at, including the location.
- Tell us the dates of your stay, who you're staying with, whether it's your first time, and whether you're a loyalty rewards member at the hotel.
- Tell us if it's a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc.) and any specific upgrades you want to request.
- Tell us your current room and confirmation number.
DoNotPay Simplifies Travel
Taking advantage of DoNotPay's fast and easy solutions does not stop at Fairmont Hotel Rewards. They offer a variety of solutions, from airport lounge access to free hotel rooms. If you want to learn how to ask for free hotel rooms, DoNotPay is the place to go.