How to Transfer Amex Points to Alaska Airlines via DoNotPay
Did you know that you could sell all those credit card points and airline miles you collect for cash? You can also convert the points to different benefits.
You can transfer your rewards to other memberships, such as transferring credit or hotel points to airline miles, and then use them to book flights.
This guide will teach you how to transfer Amex points to Alaska Airlines. Your best option would be to use DoNotPay, an AI-powered legal assistant that does everything on your behalf.
Earning Amex Points
Like most credit card issuers, American Express (Amex) has a reward currency known as Membership Rewards. The value of membership rewards is that you can transfer them to numerous airline and hotel partners. Amex has 19 airline transfer partners that span the major airline alliances.
Most Amex Airline partners transfer 1,000 Membership Rewards Points to 1,000 airline miles. You can earn American Express points via a rewards card and use them to pay for daily purchases.
All Amex cards that can earn Membership Rewards can be transferred to hotels and airlines. The best rewards earning strategy is combining different cards:
|Card||Annual Fee||Other Details|
|Platinum Card (American Express)||$695||You can earn 100,000 Membership Rewards Points after spending $6,000 on purchases via your card in the first six months of membership.|
|American Express Gold Card||$250||You get a welcome offer of earning 60,000 points. You'll need to spend $4,000 on purchases with the card within six months of account opening to earn these points.|
|The Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card (American Express)||$95||You receive a welcome offer of 15,000 Membership Reward Points after spending $1,000 in the first three months.|
|The Business Platinum Card (American Express)||$695||You get a welcome offer of earning 120,000 points after spending $15,000 on purchases with the card within three months of card membership.|
|Blue Business Plus Credit Card (American Express)||No annual fee||You receive a welcome offer of 15,000 points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months.|
Where Can I Transfer My Amex Points?
You cannot transfer your Amex Membership Rewards to the Alaska Mileage Plan. However, you can transfer the Membership Rewards to Cathay Pacific, British Airways Executive Club, Singapore, Emirates, and Qantas. Use these miles to book your flight on Alaska Airlines.
Transfer them to an external loyalty program to get better value from your Amex points. The best Amex transfer partners include:
- Singapore KrisFlyer of the Star Alliance
- Air France or KLM Flying Blue of the SkyTeam Alliance
- British Airways Executive Club (Avios) of the Oneworld Alliance
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club with no alliance
- Delta SkyMiles of the SkyTeam
Here is a comparison of some external loyalty programs:
|Partner||Amex Membership Reward Points||Partner Points||Minimum Transfer|
|Delta Skymiles||1||1 Skymile||1000 points|
|Asia Miles||1||1 Asia Mile||1000 points|
|British Airways||1||1 Avios||1000 points|
|Emirates Skywards||1||1 Skywards Mile||1000 points|
|Radisson Rewards||1||3 points||3 points|
|Marriott Bonvoy||2||3 Marriott Points||400 points|
|Hilton Honors||1||2 Hilton Honors Points||200 Points|
How to Transfer Amex Points to Transfer Partners
To transfer Amex points to transfer partners, here’s what you need to do:
- Log into your American Express Account
- Under Rewards, select Transfer Points, and you will see a list of all Amex transfer partners.
- If a first timer in Membership Rewards points, link your airline loyalty account first. The name of your account must match your name or your credit card authorized user name.
Once you link your Membership Rewards account, you can transfer the points to your airline loyalty account. You should transfer the points in increments of 1,000 points, a non-reversible process.
Once you transfer the points, you cannot transfer the points back to Amex. The process may take a few minutes or a few days.
How Much Are Amex Points Worth?
The worth of American Express Membership Rewards points depends on where you opt to redeem them. However, the range is from half a cent to one cent for every point.
One unique thing about Amex is that if you transfer your points to an American-based airline, Amex charges 0.06 cents per transferred point with a maximum of $99 in fees. The charge helps offset the excise fee on the transfer.
How to Transfer Amex Points to Alaska Airlines on Your Own
To transfer your Amex points to Alaska Airlines:
- Log into your Amex account
- Select Transfer Membership Reward Points]
- Transfer the points to an Amex transfer partner like British Airways Executive Club or Cathay Pacific. Use these transferred miles to book a flight on Alaska Airlines.
How DoNotPay Can Help
DoNotPay can help you find the best deals for your airline points, depending on how much they are worth and the available rewards flights. DoNotPay can assist you in finding the best deal via third-party vendors if you intend to sell your points for cash-back and help you check your points balance automatically.
Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
Why Use DoNotPay to Transfer Amex Points
- Fast: DoNotPay will help you find the best rates much faster and easier than a manual search.
- Easy: Follow some simple steps, and DoNotPay does the heavy lifting.
- Successful: We ensure we find you the best discounts and save you money.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you:
- Transfer Chase Points
- Transfer Southwest Points
- Transfer Marriott Points
- Transfer United Miles
- Transfer AA Miles
- Transfer Hilton Points
- Sell Airline Mileage
- Sell Delta SkyMiles
- Sell Marriott Points
- Sell United Miles
DoNotPay can also help you solve several issues, such as:
- Child Travel Consent Form
- Fight Email Spam
- Gift Card Cash Back
- Tourist Visas
- Find Unclaimed Money
- Cancel Any Service or Subscription
- Defamation Demand Letters
DoNotPay is the way to solve time-consuming problems. Let us know your situation, and we will solve it as quickly as possible.