How to Stop Junk Mail From Overtaking Your Mailbox
If you're tired of opening your mailbox to an overflow of junk mail from companies you don't care to hear from; it might be time to explore your options for how to stop junk mail. There are a few ways to stop junk mail on your own, but each one is time-consuming and overwhelming. Fortunately, DoNotPay offers a service that contacts the companies sending you junk mail on your behalf to reduce the amount of junk mail you receive daily drastically.
What Counts as Physical Spam or Junk Mail?
Physical spam or junk mail are simply unsolicited pieces of mail from companies for advertising purposes that land in your mailbox. Many people receive a pile of junk mail every weekday, and it can get exhausting to sort through which mail is important and which is junk.
Some common examples of physical spam/junk mail include:
- Advertising circulars
- Credit card applications
- Phone books
- Donation requests
If you receive some or many of these items regularly, the chances are high that you often feel buried under your junk mail and want a way to reduce or eliminate all of the unwanted mail you get.
Why Am I Getting Junk Mail in the First Place?
Most people receive junk mail because they somehow end up on a mailing list through these methods:
- From companies, you have ordered from in the past. They collected your name and address from shipping your items to you. Many companies will then use that information to draw you back to their business using physical mail.
- Inadvertently signing up to receive company promotions.
- Your information was released to other mailing lists by credit bureaus.
No matter how you start receiving junk mail, putting an end to it can bring a major sense of relief.
How to Stop Junk Mail on Your Own
If you're ready to work toward a less congested mailbox, you can start to tackle the problem yourself right now. There are a few tools you can use to opt out of junk mail.
|DMAchoice||DMAchoice lets you remove your name and address from lists owned by the Data & Marketing Association. This service only works specifically for marketing mail.|
|OptOutPrescreen||This site lets you opt out of pre-approved credit cards and insurance companies.|
Undergoing this process on your own can be confusing and stressful, but it is possible to reduce or eliminate junk mail by yourself by following these steps:
- Head over to DMAchoice, and select which types of marketing mail you do and do not want to receive.
- Pay the $2 processing fee, which is suitable for ten years.
- To reduce the amount of prescreened insurance and credit card offers you receive, visit OptOutPrescreen. You can choose to opt out for five years or permanently.
- Keep monitoring the junk mail you receive. It can take a few months for these services to kick in, so you will probably still see ads in your mailbox that you specifically opted out of using the above services. In some cases, you may have to contact the junk mail companies yourself. Any time you receive an unsolicited piece of mail after opting out, look for a phone number you can call and ask them to be removed from their mailing list.
- If you also receive junk mail intended for previous residents, you will likely have to jump through a series of complicated hoops to be removed from those lists too. This step, in particular, can be overwhelming and take up hours of your time.
How to Stop Junk Mail With DoNotPay
If you're looking for a more straightforward way to get your name off mailing lists and stop receiving junk mail, DoNotPay offers just the solution you need. With DoNotPay's stop junk mail app, you can opt-out of unsolicited mail quickly and easily with a few taps on your smartphone. Instead of spending hours on the phone to formally request that your information be removed from the mailing list, DoNotPay can handle it all for you.
Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Search for DoNotMail on DoNotPay Image.
- Snap a photo or upload an image of the physical spam mail you received Image.
- Enter the name of the company that sent you the spam Image.
- Sit back and relax. DoNotPay will automatically file a complaint to the company on your behalf and make sure you never receive spam mail from them again.
You don't have to worry about signing up for a subscription from multiple websites to reduce junk mail, and you don't have to make calls to companies that continue to send you unsolicited mail. Once you file a complaint using the above steps, you can look forward to having a mailbox that only contains important mail.
Let DoNotPay Do the Hard Work for You
Stop spending your precious time sorting through junk mail or trying to opt-out with individual companies or political parties. Instead, let DoNotPay handle it all for you promptly. All you have to do is get the Do Not Mail app, and you can start working toward obtaining mailbox freedom!