How to Ask for Higher Credit Limit Zions: Keys You Need to Get A "Yes"
When you want to know how to ask for a higher credit limit in Zions, it can almost feel as if you are trying to figure out how to ask someone out on a date. The same anxieties and second-guessing can come into the picture. On top of that, the answer that one gets back (positive or negative) can feel like a bit of a mystery.
This is why you need the team at DoNotPay to help so you are not left high and dry out there. The answers you seek may be right in front of you, but until you know how to access them, this part of the financial world remains a mystery.
Why Would Someone Want A Higher Credit Limit?
The obvious answer to why someone would want a higher credit limit is that it will allow them to spend more money on things they would like to own today. That sounds good on paper, but it is not the only reason why people ask for a higher limit. Other reasons include:
- To build credit
- To transfer the balance of a higher interest card onto this one
- To create an emergency fund for themselves that they can lean on in times of need
There are many valid reasons one wants a higher credit limit. But it is not always easy to apply for one. Therefore, it might make sense to know some of the strategies necessary to work towards making that happen.
Considerations a Company Will Make Before Granting a Higher Credit Limit
No credit issuer is going to offer a higher credit limit to everyone who asks for one. Institutions like Citibank, Wells Fargo, and Bank of America, to name a few, have their own standards about who is eligible to receive this incentive and who is not.
There are some factors that are relevant to institutions as far as your creditworthiness. These include:
- The length of time you have had an account open with them
- Your current credit score
- The number of recent hard inquiries that you have had against your credit report
- Any delinquent payments or other credit issues that they should know about
They will cycle through all of these things to figure out if you make sense as a customer they should take on. You will not receive any credit limit increase until they have had time to examine all of these factors, so you should try to factor that in when considering your odds of being approved or not.
How to Request A Credit Increase From Zions On Your Own
It is possible for any cardholder to request a credit limit increase entirely on their own. There are three main ways to do so:
- Via traditional mail
- Over the phone
Each of these methods is an option that is open to someone who would like to see a bump in the amount of credit made available to them, but each requires taking a number of steps before the request is submitted. Online is the most direct way to ask for a credit limit increase, but even this calls for you to create an online account that can take some time to get set up.
It can be pretty time-consuming to do all of this on your own, and you don't even get an assurance that you will be approved for the credit limit increase even after all of that work. Therefore, you might want to use DoNotPay to simplify the process instead.
Using DoNotPay For A Credit Limit Increase
If you want to request higher credit limits in Zions but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the product on DoNotPay.
- Select which type of card you own and your credit provider.
- Tell us more about your card, such as when you first created this card, your current credit limit, what you would like your new limit to be, your card number, and whether you've missed past payments.
- Tell us more about your current income and expenses and why you would like to request a limit increase.
- Indicate whether you want to allow hard inquiries to be made into your credit history. Upload a copy of your ID and provide your e-signature
- Submit your task! DoNotPay will deliver the request letter on your behalf. You should hear back from the card provider with confirmation or a request for more information within a few weeks.
What to Do If You Are Denied
At the end of the day, it is possible that you might be denied the credit limit increase that you hoped to receive. This is not the end of the world, though it is understandable that it might be very frustrating. The only things you can do are:
- Try to get a credit limit increase with a new card, or even try to apply for an entirely new card itself
- Look for ways to boost your credit score and therefore your odds of approval
- Wait some period of time set up by the company and then try again
Why Use DoNotPay
If you apply for a higher credit limit with Zions through DoNotPay, you will see that the services are:
|Fast||The process is easy and you can get results faster than if you would file a request on your own.|
|Reliable||DoNotPay will take care of everything related to your request and get you the results you are hoping for.|
|Successful||A lot of people have successfully received a higher credit limit by requesting through DoNotPay.|
You stand a much better chance of getting this work done and seeing where you stand with your credit limit with DoNotPay. Try DoNotPay today and see if you can relax with a somewhat higher credit limit very soon.