Remove Genesis Collections From Your Credit Report With DoNotPay
When you have a legitimate collection agency on your credit report, it will affect different aspects of your life for up to seven years. Your credit report shows lenders your credit management practices, determining your overall credit score. That's why having on your credit report will not only lower your credit score but also prevent you from getting a mortgage or an auto loan.
Luckily, DoNotPay can help you remove inquiries, late payments, and other harmful listings from your credit report. Read on to understand how DoNotPay can help you remove Genesis collections from your credit report.
What Is Genesis Collection Agency?
, also known as Columbia Debt Recovery LLC, is a debt collection agency based in Washington that collects for all types of creditors across the country. Launched in 2006, Genesis Credit Management LLC, incorporated with Columbia Debt Recovery in 2013. The Genesis Collection agency mainly deals with the unpaid rental and lease agreements. Write or call them at:
|How to reach Genesis Collection Agency|
|Mail Address||Genesis Credit Management, LLC
906 SE Everett Mall Way Ste 301
Everett, WA 98203
|Phone Number||509-836-5558 or 866-863-9194|
What to Look for to File a Dispute Against Genesis Collections
When you find on your credit report, do not panic. You should first check for.
- Inaccuracies in your debt details
- Mistakes in your name, contact information, and other personal details
- Incorrect debit balance
- Inaccuracies in your billing details
- Wrong account details
- Inaccurate account and payment status
- Incorrect delinquency date
In case you find any of them in your report, you can launch a dispute against Genesis collections and have them removed from your credit report through a credit dispute letter. You should also remember that the law protects you, and Genesis Collection Agency must adhere to your consumer rights.
Sue Genesis Collection Agency for an Unresolved Credit Report Dispute
Do you feel that the is harassing you or failed to resolve an issue with your credit report? You can sue them in a small claims court. There are strict laws that state what the Genesis Collection Agency can and cannot do. Therefore, under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), you have the right to sue them if they are harassing you, fail to verify your debit or violate any of your FDCPA rights.
|Mailing Address||600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20580|
|Phone Number||(202) 326-2222|
|Email or Contact Form||Email Form|
If you have problems with Genesis Collection Agency, let DoNotPay help you sue them in a small claims court.
How to Remove Genesis Collections From Your Credit Report on Your Own
Can you imagine collections staying on your credit card for as long as seven years? That's damaging to your credit score. It isn't easy to access the following if you have collections listed on your credit report:
- Access an auto loan, student loan
- Rent an apartment or sign a new phone contract
- Set up financing for your dental or medical care
- Get a mortgage
- Apply for a credit card, car, or medical insurance
Luckily, you can remove any collections, including Genesis Collections, from your credit report to increase your credit score. Therefore, instead of waiting for seven years to elapse before you can delete Genesis collections from your account, you can take the following steps:
- Determine the collection's legitimacy: Review the Genesis collections listed on your credit report to ensure the debt belongs to you. If you already paid it, or it's not yours, you can dispute the error and have it removed from your report.
- Request a Goodwill deletion: You can mail Genesis collection a goodwill letter if you have cleared your debt or make regular on-time payments.
- Ask Genesis collection agency to validate the debt: You can write to them and ask them to validate your debt. If they cannot validate it, you can demand they delete it from your credit report.
- Negotiate for a Pay to Delete agreement: You can ask them to remove Genesis collections from your credit report in exchange for payment of your debt.
Even though you might invest all your time and money in removing Genesis collections from your credit report, all your efforts might be in vain. Therefore, no need to struggle when you can let DoNotPay improve your credit score by removing Genesis collections from your credit report smoothly. We know how negative items on your account can prevent you from accessing various benefits. Therefore, our simple, straightforward process ensures that you can restore your credit rating without much hassle.
Let DoNotPay Clean Your Credit Report
Removing negative collections like Genesis collections from your credit report is an overwhelming task. DoNotPay is devoted to ensuring that you get your credit report back on track in a faster and more efficient way. Therefore, if you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit-related products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more!
And that's it! DoNotPay will file the appropriate letter on your behalf (mailing is more effective in these cases since it's trackable). You should hear back from the creditor/credit bureau within a few weeks with a response!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
If you are worried about solving any other problem, let DoNotPay handle everything for you. We can help you:
- Maintain a good credit score
- Cancel any financially overwhelming subscriptions and services
- Avoid having pending bills
- Have a higher credit limit
- Write convincing financial aid appeal letters
You can always check out our other products whenever problems are too much for you to handle.