How to Claim Furnace Rebates the Fast Way
If you're purchasing a new furnace or boiler, replacing your air conditioner, upgrading your house, or enhancing your ventilation system, there are several methods to save money.
One is by first exploiting any that are on the market. Rebates are one of the greatest and simplest methods to save countless dollars on HVAC upgrades for your home or business.
Assuming you don't know where to begin, here are some resources to get you started. You can also visit DoNotPay for more information.
What Is a Furnace Rebate?
This rebate is available to customers who upgrade to a high-performance natural gas furnace or boiler. It is frequently offered to home and property owners.
Making informed decisions before embarking on a home renovation or management project and taking advantage of will help reduce your budget costs.
You'll save money not only on your new design but also on your natural gas bill year in, year out. To discover the appropriate system for your home, we recommend consulting a heating vendor near you.
How Does FortisBC Natural Gas Furnace Rebates Work?
There are two FortisBC Furnace natural gas rebates as of now, both with similar eligibility and application criteria:
|The FortisBC Natural Gas Furnace||If you upgrade your outdated natural gas furnace with an ENERGY STAR® brand, you may be eligible for a $1,000 incentive. Additionally, if you install an appropriately-linked thermostat, you may be eligible for a $150 reimbursement.|
|The FortisBC Furnace and Boiler Rebates for Income Qualified Households||Consumers who upgrade their old boiler and natural gas furnace with a qualified ENERGY STAR® unit may be eligible for a rebate of up to $2,000 on a boiler and $3,000 for a furnace.|
Who Qualifies for Natural Gas Furnace Rebates From FortisBC?
Before you start, check that you meet the program rebate criteria stated in the terms and conditions and the qualification details below.
Eligibility Criteria for FortisBC Natural Gas Furnace Rebate
- You need to have an active FortisBC account.
- Homes mainly powered by Pacific Northern Gas natural gas are not qualified.
- Self-installed systems are ineligible; it has to be done by an authorized gas contractor.
- You should have a natural gas central heating system and be a FortisBC local natural gas consumer with only one registered domestic natural gas account.
- You must fulfill income-qualifying criteria and provide proof of income. For a complete list of eligibility requirements, go to this page.
- Anyone above 18 years and earning is added to the total household income. For judgment, the company may recognize or demand alternative or extra proof of income, such as proof of rental, foreign, or other income sources.
- Your current furnace or boiler should be at least ten years old and not need more than $1,000 in repairs (pre-tax, including labor and parts). Non-operating emergency boilers are declared unsafe and aren't eligible.
- You are advised to have assembled and paid in full for your furnace or boiler on or after April 1, 2019.
- Your house must be at least ten years old and have the square footage of less than 3,500.
- The furnace or boiler should be in a home that fulfills the rebate eligibility measures. For more information about demonstrating evidence of income, visit the FortisBC program website.
- The house must be a year-round permanent dwelling with a minimum of 12 months on the market. If you are not the authorized homeowner, have the owner fill out the Utility Account Holder Consent form.
- You must use a two-pipe direct exhaust system with an ENERGY STAR furnace or boiler. The system standard doesn't apply to P9 systems.
- Alternatives permitted by the manufacturer are not acceptable. On request, the company might ask for a photo showing the installed two-pipe direct exhaust system.
- The system has to go through calibration to ensure that it is installed and running correctly. Upon demand, you must provide a copy of the final commissioning sheet.
- Furnaces and boilers should produce less than 80,000 Btu/hr of energy to be eligible.
How to Apply for the FortisBC Natural Gas Furnace Rebate
- Log into the FortisBC rebate website.
- Read the program prerequisites and supplemental terms and conditions carefully.
- Buy and call a certified gas contractor to set up the qualifying ENERGY STAR natural gas furnace. Optional: Acquire and install a qualifying linked thermostat.
- Obtain a pre-qualification code if you desire. It will assist the contractor in determining the rebates you are entitled to when installing your heating system.
- Fill out the online application form when your improvements are fitted, and attach all the necessary documentation.
Documentation Required to Claim the FortisBC Natural Gas Furnace Rebate
During application for the furnace rebate, you should submit the following:
- Duplicate of your invoice
- Descriptions of the services done
- Item purchase date
- Product brand and model number
- Installation permit number
Present the online application form and all substantiating paperwork within one year of the installation date.
Claim the FortisBC Natural Gas Furnace Rebate With the Help of DoNotPay
A rebate claim application process cannot be manageable without the help of DoNotPay. Just five minutes is enough.
- Search rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebates offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Aside from furnace rebates, we can also assist you with the following inquiries:
- Menards Rebate
- Home Depot Rebate
- Goodyear Tire Rebate
- Michelin Tire Rebate
- Mass Save Rebates
- New Car Rebates
- Verizon Rebate Center
- Macy’s Rebates
Are you curious to know more about what DoNotPay can do? See the links below:
- Sue anyone in mini-claim courts
- Schedule appointments
- Lower asset taxes
- Help with expenses
- Get free trials
- Missing funds
- Open a lawsuit
- Apply for scholarships