Find a Free Dental Clinic in Jacksonville, NC, With the Help of DoNotPay
The lack of access to dental insurance and the cost of even simple dental procedures is enough to make anyone of any income level shy away from getting regular dental care. Much of the time, dental insurance only covers a portion of services or costs at the dentist, leaving you still owing hundreds or thousands of dollars in dentist bills.
Fortunately, if you are looking for a low-cost or free dental clinic in Jacksonville, NC, you have a couple of options. This DoNotPay guide will walk you through where to find free or low-cost dental clinics and how to contact them. Plus, we'll show you an easy and convenient way to find dental care with the help of our Free Dental Care product.
Who Qualifies for Free or Low-Cost Dental Care?
There are two free or low-cost dental care providers in Jacksonville, NC. They are:
|Clinic Name||Address||Phone Number||Website|
|Caring Community Dental Clinic - Onslow Community Outreach||1 Dewitt St.
Jacksonville, NC 28540
|Coastal Carolina Community College Student Dental Clinic||444 Western Blvd.
Jacksonville, NC 28546
The first clinic, Caring Community Dental Clinic, is a clinic offered through Onslow Community Outreach. This nonprofit has a mission of providing free dental care and medical services to those in need. Their dental services are funded by private contributions and grants, and their office is primarily made up of volunteer dentists and staff. To qualify for services at the Caring Community Dental Clinic, you must:
- Be uninsured or underinsured.
- Be over 18
- Have an income at or below 300% of the poverty level
Services provided by the Caring Community Dental Clinic are free, but donations are accepted.
The second clinic, Coastal Carolina Community College Student Dental Clinic, is a teaching facility at Coastal Carolina Community College. This clinic offers basic low-cost comprehensive dental hygiene care but does not diagnose or treat serious dental conditions. To become a patient at the Student Dental Clinic, you must:
- Schedule a dental screening appointment to be evaluated
- Be available to return for at least one follow-up visit in order to assist the teaching process
- Have enough time to dedicate to an appointment, as the appointments take longer than regular dentist appointments, in order to thoroughly teach the dental students
Dental cleanings at the Student Dental Clinic cost $5, and dental X-rays are free of charge. This clinic also offers sealants for $5 per tooth. Fillings, extractions, and other services are not offered at this clinic.
How Do I Make An Appointment For Free or Low-Cost Dental Care in Jacksonville, NC?
Caring Community Dental Clinic offers appointments for major dental services for free to low-income community members. Proof of income, such as a W2 or pay stub, is required. Their hours of operation are:
- Mondays from 8 AM to 5 PM for appointments to be made by phone
- Clinic days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- The clinic is closed on Friday
The Caring Community Dental Clinic contact information is:
|Clinic Name||Caring Community Dental Clinic|
|Address||1 Dewitt Street
Jacksonville, NC 28540
Coastal Carolina Community College Student Dental Clinic offers appointments to anyone in the community after doing an initial dental screening and being selected as a patient. The steps to becoming a patient at the Student Dental Clinic are:
- Call the Dental Department to set up a screening at 910-938-6270
- Come in for your half-hour, free of charge initial screening
- Wait to be selected by a student based on your dental hygiene needs
After you are selected, you will be required to commit to more than one appointment, depending on the complexity of your treatment needs. Students at the Student Dental Clinic are required to meet a quota and if you fail to complete your treatment, you may put the student's grade in jeopardy.
Whether the number of steps to take is daunting, you are unavailable on the specific appointment setting day, or you're just unsure of the best way to go about making an appointment, you don't need to tackle this task on your own. DoNotPay has a useful product that can help you easily make free or low-cost dental care appointments without the hassle of trying to do it on your own. Follow the steps below to get started.
DoNotPay Can Help
If you are looking for free or low-cost dental care in Jacksonville, NC but don't know where to start, DoNotPay is here for you. We can help you quickly and successfully find the services you're looking for. Here's how you can use DoNotPay to find free dental clinics:
- Search "dentist" on DoNotPay.
- Enter your current address, so we can find the clinic nearest to you.
- Select whether you would like to ask a question about your eligibility, receive a quote for a specific procedure, or set up an appointment.
And that's it! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and get back to you with the information you requested.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping you find free and low-cost dental care in your area, DoNotPay has many useful products and services that can make your life easier. Our products can help you:
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Schedule appointments at the DMV
- Reduce your property taxes
- Pay your bills
- Sign up for free trials
- Find missing and unclaimed money
- File a complaint against any company
- Discover and apply for scholarships
Sign up for DoNotPay today to learn more about our great services!