Get Free Dental Care in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
While dental care is sometimes treated as a luxury, oral health is vital to maintaining overall physical health. If you are looking for , there are plenty of options.
Wisconsin is dedicated to helping its residents access affordable dental care even without insurance. Different programs and clinics have varying qualifications. Some clinics only offer assistance to those who meet a low-income threshold, and others only cater to those of specific ages or medical needs. Determining which clinic or program to choose can be confusing. Luckily, DoNotPay is here to help.
What Low-Cost Dental Options Are Available?
If you live in the Milwaukee area, there is good news. In addition to federal assistance, state programs, charities, dental schools, and clinics are available to help everyone access affordable dental care.
If you are interested in government programs and assistance, several are available with varying qualifications.
- Donated Dental Services: This program linked to the Wisconsin Dental Association has a list of dentists who practice on patients pro bono. The dentists choose 1-2 patients a year who have limited income due to a permanent disability, chronic illness, or advanced age.
- Medicaid: Individuals in the United States who live in low-income households have access to affordable healthcare through the Affordable Care Act. Some individuals qualify for additional assistance via Medicaid, and these plans can include dental care.
- Medicare: Individuals over 65 yrs of age, or those suffering from disabilities, are eligible for healthcare via Medicare. This includes dental care options.
- CHIP: Americans under 19 and those who are pregnant and do not qualify for Medicaid might be eligible for healthcare through CHIP. The federal and state governments jointly fund the program, offering health and dental care. Coverage depends on the state it is received in.
Marquette University of Dentistry
If you do not qualify for government assistance or want additional options, dental schools are a fantastic choice. Marquette University School of Dentistry offers cheap dental care without sacrificing quality.
The dental school offers procedures at about 50% less than standard pricing. They do not accept private insurance but will file a claim with your provider after the visit is paid in full. Medicaid is accepted but not Medicare.
- Schedule an initial screening by calling (414)288-6790 between 9 am and 4 pm.
- Fill out your dental history in the MyDental portal.
- If you do not have internet access, a paper copy can be obtained by sending an email.
- After the initial exam, a quote for the required work will be given.
Clinics and Charities
Several other clinics and charities offer low-cost or free dental care in the Milwaukee area.
|AIDS Resource Center
of Wisconsin -
|(414) 223-6800||820 N. Plankinton Ave.,
Milwaukee, WI, 53203
|Offering services to HIV positive patients regardless of ability to pay|
|Columbia St. Mary's -
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
|(414) 383-3220||1730 S. 13th St.,
Milwaukee, WI, 53204
|Serves uninsured adult patients
below 200% Federal Poverty
Medical Assistance accepted
if referred by Smart Smiles
|Isaac Coggs Heritage
Health Center - Dental
|(414) 760-3900||8200 W. Silver Spring
Dr., Milwaukee, WI
|Serves low-Income (uninsured),
participants of Medical
|Lisbon Avenue Health Center||(414) 935-8000||3522 W. Lisbon Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53208
|Uninsured and underinsured patients will pay fees based on a sliding scale, which is determined by household size and income.|
|United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County||(262) 409-3800||225 West Vine Street
Milwaukee, WI 53212-3951
|Accepts low-income, uninsured, etc|
Using DoNotPay to Get Free or Low-Cost Dental Care
Although you can access free clinics and low-cost dental care on your own, the process is overwhelming. Determining which programs you qualify for is frustrating. Once you know what you qualify for, finding an appointment is tricky. Luckily, DoNotPay is here to help find .
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to find free dental clinics in Milwaukee:
- Search "dentist" on DoNotPay.
- Enter your current address, so we can find the clinic nearest to you.
- Select whether you would like to ask a question about your eligibility, receive a quote for a specific procedure, or set up an appointment.
And that's it! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and get back to you with the information you requested.
Why Use DoNotPay to Find Dental Care
Although you can find low-cost and free dental care on your own, DoNotPay gives you three reasons not to.
- DoNotPay is Fast: Rather than spend hours on the internet researching and more time contacting people, let DoNotPay do the work. In just a few simple steps, you are done.
- DoNotPay is Easy: Finding the best dental option is confusing, but DoNotPay makes it simple.
- DoNotPay is Successful: DoNotPay guarantees you will find the best dental option for you quickly and easily.
What Else Can DoNotPay Simplify?
DoNotPay doesn't only help you with dental care. DoNotPay helps make life simple in many ways.