How to Claim DTE Window Rebates the Easy Way
DTE Energy offers a whole-home approach when it comes to energy efficiency. However, if you are only looking to upgrade your windows to ENERGY STAR-certified window units from DTE Energy, you may qualify for and get up to $500 cash-back for every unit you install.
The amount you get as rebates varies depending on the upgrades you choose. Therefore, you may want to hire an expert who can sift through the different options and choose upgrades that are likely to attract more savings. Rebates on these upgrades are issued after installations are completed.
While applying for these rebates may be frustrating, saving some bucks on every upgrade is welcome. In addition, you can choose to complete the rebate application by yourself or hire a contractor. Better still, DoNotPay's Claim My Rebates product can help you apply for your DTE window rebates without hassle.
What Are DTE Window Rebates?
DTE Energy offers , including installing and replacing windows and patio doors. An expert can help you decide on upgrades that are likely to get more savings on the rebate cash-backs.
Rebate applications are considered first-come, first-served, so it's important to apply as soon as the program is live.
The latest rebates on windows and door patios are as follows.
|Window Replacement||ENERGY STAR for Northern Climate Zone (U-value < .30)||$15 per unit|
|Glass Patio Door Unit/Sliding Patio Door or Picture Window||ENERGY STAR for Northern Climate Zone (U-value < .30). The opening must be at least 30 square feet.||$40 per unit|
Who is Eligible for the DTE Window Rebate Program?
Anyone can participate in the DTE Window Rebate program as long as they meet the specified eligibility criteria.
The following qualify for rebates:
- Homes that use DTE Energy for heat requirements, like the DTE Energy gas and electric/gas combinations
- Single-family home
- Homes with less than five connected units
- Home should not be a new construction
- Home should have a meter separate from the entrance
How to Claim DTE Window Rebates by Yourself
Once you have installed your windows, you can apply right away to get your rebates. Here's how to do it yourself.
- Go to the Rebate Application page to get started.
- Fill in the application form, providing the required information like your DTE account number.
- Provide the required documentation, such as a copy of the original receipt or invoice and the U factor stickers for the windows. The U-factor expresses the window's insulation value, and the lower the value, the higher your chances of getting a rebate. The most accepted value is anything below or equal to 0.30.
- Review the application and submit it.
Your rebate application will be assessed, and you can get your rebate reward within 4-6 weeks.
Alternatively, you can hire a contractor from DTE, who will install the windows and help you apply for the rebate. Here's how to go about it:
- Go to the Find a Contractor directory and search for a contractor near you.
- The contractor will visit your home, advise you on the window upgrades you need, submit a bid for the upgrades, and review it with you.
- Once the contractor has installed the windows, they will submit a rebate application on your behalf.
- The application is reviewed, and you get your rebate within 4-6 weeks.
Ensure that the contractor you find is knowledgeable on DTRE window replacement rebates so that he can help you meet your needs. You can submit multiple bids and get the best contractor by asking more questions.
How to Claim DTE Window Rebates With the Help of DoNotPay
Applying for DTE Window rebates may seem easy, especially because you don't need to mail in the rebate forms. However, you may miss out on important details when doing it yourself or even pay more when you hire a contractor to do it for you.
With DoNotPay's Claim My Rebates product, you'll only need to provide the required information, and DoNotPay will automatically apply for your rebates.
Here is how it works:
- Search rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebate offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
And that's it! DoNotPay will file your rebate claim on your behalf by mail or online, depending on the rebate campaign. You should receive your rebate by check within 30 days!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay works across the board and can help you claim rebates from all your favorite companies. Some of these include:
- Menards Rebate
- Home Depot Rebates
- Goodyear Tire Rebates
- Michelin Tire Rebates
- Mass Save Rebates
- New Car Rebates
- Macy's Rebates
- Verizon Rebates