Everything You Need to Know About Donating Plasma in NYC
Donating plasma is one of the most generous things an individual can do. It is often called liquid gold for its color and value to patients who need it, not to mention that donating plasma can earn you money. The benefits and rewards of donating plasma have gotten many in the New York area interested in .
Finding the best donation centers in The Big Apple can be confusing. DoNotPay can help you find the best ways to donate plasma in NYC. Or, if you prefer, you can follow our how-to guide below. But if you want extra assistance in navigating all the plasma donation options in New York, DoNotPay is ready to help.
What Is Plasma?
It is essential to learn about plasma before .
- Plasma is the largest component of your blood. It makes up a little more than half of what's in your blood.
- It carries water, salt, and enzymes.
- Plasma's main function is to deliver nutrients, hormones, and proteins throughout your body.
- It also contains components that help with carrying antibodies, clotting management, and carries vital proteins albumin and fibrinogen.
- Plasma is a critical treatment for many health problems. It is often used to treat burn and shock patients, liver disease, clotting issues, and many other ailments.
Plasma Donor Eligibility Requirements
- Over 18
- Over 110 pounds
- No heart or blood diseases
- Haven't traveled to an endemic area in the past year
- Free from certain types of cancer
- Haven't donated plasma in the past 28 days
- Generally in good health
Plasma Donation Sites in NYC
The table below shows the different plasma donation centers in New York City.
|Donation Center||Address||Phone Number|
|New York Blood Center - Headquarters||310 E 67th St New York, NY 10065||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Bohemia Donor Center||3125 Veterans Memorial Highway Ronkonkoma, NY 11779||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - East Fishkill Donor Center||2070 Route 52 Building 200 Hopewell Junction, NY 12533||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Elmsford Donor Center||525 Executive Blvd. ELMSFORD, NY 10523||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Grand Central Donor Center||115 East 41st Street NEW YORK, NY 10017||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Kingston Donor Center||51 Albany Avenue KINGSTON, NY 12401||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Lake Success Donor Center||2500 Marcus Avenue LAKE SUCCESS, NY 11042||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Massapequa Donor Center||1050 Sunrise Highway MASSAPEQUA, NY 11758||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Melville Donor Center||905 Walt Whitman Rd (Rte. 110) MELVILLE, NY 11747||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Port Authority Midtown Donor Center||625 8th Avenue @ W 41st Street, South Wing NEW YORK, NY 10018||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Port Jefferson Station Donor Center||1010 Route 112 PORT JEFFERSON STATION, NY 11776||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Rockland Donor Center||25 Smith Street NANUET, NY 10954||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Rockville Center Donor Center||290 Sunrise Highway ROCKVILLE CENTER, NY 11570||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Staten Island Donor Center||2791 Richmond Avenue STATEN ISLAND, NY 10314||1-800-933-2566|
|New York Blood Center - Upper East Side Donor Center||310 East 67th Street NEW YORK, NY 10065||1-800-933-2566|
How Much Do You Get Paid for Plasma in NYC?
- You can expect to earn $20-$50 per donation
- The more you weigh, the more you can donate. Generally, heavier people get paid more.
- Many clinics run first-time donor bonuses. You may be paid more if it's your first donation with that clinic.
- Some clinics will offer bonuses for recurring donations.
Things to Keep In Mind Before Donating Plasma
What Should You Do Before Donating Plasma?
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated
- Eat a light healthy meal two hours before your visit
- Avoid hearty foods that are high in fat or cholesterol
- Don't use tobacco, alcohol, or caffeine on your plasma donation day
What Should You Do After Donating Plasma?
- Avoid alcohol for about four hours
- Don't do any heavy lifting or strenuous activity for about one day.
- Drink lots of water to replace lost fluids
- Eat iron-rich foods like meat, tofu, beans, quinoa, or lentils
How Does Plasma Collection Work?
- You can expect to fill out various forms and be questioned by a nurse to ensure you're healthy enough to donate.
- Blood will be drawn from the arm and processed by a hi-tech machine that separates plasma from the blood.
- Your blood will be transferred back to you.
Our Guides to Plasma FAQs
- How often can you donate plasma?
- Can you donate plasma after getting the COVID vaccine?
- How long does it take to donate plasma?
- Who cannot donate plasma?
- Can diabetics donate plasma?
- Donate plasma for money
- How to donate plasma?
- Plasma donation requirements
- How old do you have to be to donate plasma?
How to Donate Plasma on Your Own in NYC
- New York Blood Center (NYBC) is the biggest plasma center in the city.
- There are a few other nearby options, like the Red Cross or CSL Plasma.
- Many third-party vendors may get you better compensation by working through them.
- Most centers don't list how much they pay. To find the actual dollar amounts, you will have to contact the clinic directly.
- It can make the whole process of finding the best donation center incredibly frustrating.
- DoNotPay can help
Using DoNotPay to Donate Plasma
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to become a plasma donor in NYC:
- Search "plasma donations" on DoNotPay and find the nearest donation clinic through our clinical trials product.
- Select the "Contact Now" button to learn more about eligibility criteria, contact the clinic with questions, or sign up for first-time donor bonuses.
- Verify your information and submit your inquiry! DoNotPay will contact the clinic on your behalf and make sure your questions get answered.
Why Use DoNotPay to Manage Your Plasma Donations
- Fast. Instead of contacting multiple centers, you can do it all on one platform with DoNotPay.
- Easy. We have up-to-date information on first-time donation bonuses.
- Successful. DoNotPay started as a way for people to fight unfair parking tickets. We have since expanded our services to various areas, including finding the best plasma donor clinics.
DoNotPay Can Do Much More Than Just Plasma Donations
- Help With Bills
- Sell Airline Mileage
- Dispute Credit Letters
- Insurance claims
- Revocable living trust
- Find lost items